Agony Resistance and the Removal of Daily Login Rewards

23 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Pretty much this. 

Everyone gets the same number of objectives. This just determines what kind of objectives you get--this gives you some control over that so you can focus on doing objectives in game modes you enjoy. If you select multiple game modes, we try to give you an equal number from each one you selected. 

Am I misunderstanding this or does it mean that we will have fewer choices than before? Currently I can pick and choose which dailies I wish to do from the combined total of all of the PvE, WvW, and PvP options. Will clicking all three boxes mean a small selection of the combined three game modes' daily options being assigned?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Pretty much this. 

Everyone gets the same number of objectives. This just determines what kind of objectives you get--this gives you some control over that so you can focus on doing objectives in game modes you enjoy. If you select multiple game modes, we try to give you an equal number from each one you selected. 

So there is no kind of bonus (like slightly more different objectives, or slightly higher AA per objective) if we choose the full mix, like for Guilds (IIRC there is a small favor % bonus for not specializing)

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Pretty much this. 

So what I take from this new system is this:

• We have a fixed total number of achievements to do every day
  • They will be divided evenly between your choices

Now what I would like to understand is:

• If I forget to enable/disable an option for daily or weekly, do I still get the chance to reroll objectives? This is important especially for weeklies.
  • Am I right to assume that we can't know in advance which selection we'll have from each game mode? Currently we can see what are the options for each game mode before committing to them.
  • If we've already committed to a set of weeklies, can we still change objetives later on? For example, if my server gets a particularly bad WvW matchup on Friday (with how timezones work and all), I might want to skip the remaining WvW objectives that week.
  • Will PvE mix instanced content and open world? Many people won't do Fractals, Strikes and Raids and will not be pleased to see them appear in objectives. 
Edited by ShinigamiKenji.9354
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ShinigamiKenji.9354 said:

So what I take from this new system is this:

• We have a fixed total number of achievements to do every day
  • They will be divided evenly between your choices

Now what I would like to understand is:

• If I forget to enable/disable an option for daily or weekly, do I still get the chance to reroll objectives? This is important especially for weeklies.
  • Am I right to assume that we can't know in advance which selection we'll have from each game mode? Currently we can see what are the options for each game mode before committing to them.
  • If we've already committed, can we still change objetives? For example, if my server gets a particularly bad WvW matchup on Friday (with how timezones work and all), I might want to skip the remaining WvW objectives that week.

Your mentioning of "re-rolling" your selection inspired another question.

Will daily/weekly selctions be determined per account or is it universal across the playerbase? It would be unfortunate to not have the same dailies or weeklies as my guildmates.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

Your mentioning of "re-rolling" your selection inspired another question.

Will daily/weekly selctions be determined per account or is it universal across the playerbase? It would be unfortunate to not have the same dailies or weeklies as my guildmates.

This is actually a good question. There's a rather large community revolving around helping in jumping puzzles with portals. If objectives are per account, this will probably die out. 

Not that it isn't hard to break them with the Skyscale, but then people without PoF+LW4 or SotO will miss out.

• Like 1

Pretty much this. 

How does that work with the example of weeklies we've been shown (1 SPvP weekly, 2 PvE ones, and at least 2 - likely 3 or more, assuming weeklies are grouped by content type - WvW ones)? What choice selection was that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Am I misunderstanding this or does it mean that we will have fewer choices than before? Currently I can pick and choose which dailies I wish to do from the combined total of all of the PvE, WvW, and PvP options. Will clicking all three boxes mean a small selection of the combined three game modes' daily options being assigned?

Pretty sure that you are misunderstanding this (unless it's me who misunderstands what you mean 😄 ). For the sake of giving an example lets say the daily choices mirror the current daily achievements, which means picking PvE+WvW+PvP results in having a set of 4PVE + 4WvW + 4PVP tasks. In that case:
Picking 2 of the above means you get 6+6 (because someone picking all 3 has 12 different tasks and you're supposed to have the same overal number as anyone else)
Picking 1 means you have 12 from one mode to pick from.

35 minutes ago, ShinigamiKenji.9354 said:

• If we've already committed to a set of weeklies, can we still change objetives later on? For example, if my server gets a particularly bad WvW matchup on Friday (with how timezones work and all), I might want to skip the remaining WvW objectives that week.
  • Will PvE mix instanced content and open world? Many people won't do Fractals, Strikes and Raids and will not be pleased to see them appear in objectives. 

I doubt there's a reason to believe we'll be able to reroll dailies, nor I actually think we should be able to. Especially considering they're apparently supposed to be giving some ideas about what to do to the players instead of being something we try rerolling until we find the fastest ones to complete.

We probably won't be able to predict dailies the same way we can't (as far as I know) predict them now. If you want to keep the "options between the modes open" the same way we have them now... just mark all 3 of them. 😉 But as confirmed by Ruby (ty), no matter how many modes you pick, you'll have the same number of tasks available, it will be just concentrated around the modes you decided to mark.  

Considering instanced pve is pve, I suspect the tasks will be similar to the ones we currently have (like there is a dungeon daily in the current system for the pve achievements). Similarly, we could see "complete any strike mission" in the weekly tab's pve category. That said, considering "complete any strike mission (0/1)" is in a weekly tab, the chance it will appear in daily tab is near 0.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much this. 

Could we please have a split between open world PvE and instanced PvE as well? I reckon the time commitment and inflexibility that comes with instanced content would make it difficult for many to do on a daily basis. Not to mention that some people enjoy one over the other, just like how some prefer WvW over everything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wmtyrance.3571 said:

So many people liked getting the daily login rewards. I can see this blowing up in their face. This is so Anet to do this. They get high praise for SOTO then they go do something stupid before it launches. And trying to force non-PVP players into doing it for rewards is the icing on the cake.

This is probably gonna sound a bit weird or adversarial but even if this devalues "just logging in", I think that's the intention, and I also think it's a good intention to have. More people playing the game to earn things instead of logging in and out is better for everyone.

As for my feedback on the system itself, I find the PvE/PvP/WvW checkbox selection to be a bit... odd. We know that there are weekly caps in place for acclaim so I'm not really sure why the player is being prompted for what content they want to focus on. Shouldn't everyone be offered everything all the time if they're capped on rewards anyway? The checkboxes feel like over-engineering.

Edited by Tulki.1458
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, nicoper.3215 said:

Could we please have a split between open world PvE and instanced PvE as well? I reckon the time commitment and inflexibility that comes with instanced content would make it difficult for many to do on a daily basis. Not to mention that some people enjoy one over the other, just like how some prefer WvW over everything else.

There's a "clear 1 strike mission" as a weekly task, it would make no sense to have the identical task as weekly and daily, so not sure what you're worried about here 😉

Not only that, but if you pick just pve, you'll have plenty of pve tasks to comfortably dismiss every day.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It sounds like guild weekly missions where you can choose which categories you can get; but not which individual missions you actually get.

They better not lump raids/strikes (aka instanced content) into PvE since as a strictly open worlder doing those are out of the question.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

So now I only get rewarded for the objectives selected? what If I want to complete everything? The existing system is already good, why can't you add on it instead of wasting time doing "new system" when you can use that time on WvW? 

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Especially considering they're apparently supposed to be giving some ideas about what to do to the players instead of being something we try rerolling until we find the fastest ones to complete.

Thats a solid point and a way of looking at it that I had not considered. For me dailies have generally been things that happened while doing what I already intended or something I rushed to complete for the rewards so I could get back to what I wanted to do. I am curious to see how the new system interacts with my do what I feel like at the moment playstyle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

There's a "clear 1 strike mission" as a weekly task, it would make no sense to have the identical task as weekly and daily, so not sure what you're worried about here 😉

Not only that, but if you pick just pve, you'll have plenty of pve tasks to comfortably dismiss every day.

There is significant overlap between dailies and weeklies in WvW right now (although weekly versions of keep, camp, player kills, etc require larger numbers) so there is precedent for at least nearly identical tasks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

My question is if I choose wvw and PvE or some other combo how long before I can change it again? Have they said and I overlooked it? Or is this still a wait and see?  

Oh and do I have to choose before it's due like if I want to change my weeklies to include pvp for next week do I have to choose before the weekly reset? Does it roll over from week to week if I don't change it?

Edited by Signcraft.9641
Additional questions
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tulki.1458 said:

This is probably gonna sound a bit weird or adversarial but even if this devalues "just logging in", I think that's the intention, and I also think it's a good intention to have. More people playing the game to earn things instead of logging in and out is better for everyone.

As for my feedback on the system itself, I find the PvE/PvP/WvW checkbox selection to be a bit... odd. We know that there are weekly caps in place for acclaim so I'm not really sure why the player is being prompted for what content they want to focus on. Shouldn't everyone be offered everything all the time if they're capped on rewards anyway? The checkboxes feel like over-engineering.

I think it's a great idea. Instead of 4 of each, you may get 12 PvE, for example. That basically guarantee you'll have easy ones, no more "4 events in...", running like a madman trying to tag enemies before they die. No more ranker in WvW, that takes forever. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Am I misunderstanding this or does it mean that we will have fewer choices than before?

I do not think you are misunderstanding, I think you are 100% right. This is not a system improvement, this is like guild missions management, except guilds are not people, guilds tend to focus one area of game play, especially if they do WvW.

Right now i can access any of 4x3  dailies in the three game modes, i can see them all, i have not had to jump through some hoop trying to anticipate at the beggining of the week, or even day where my game play and time i have to play will take me. This system? i now have to decide in advance and i will not be able to see the game mode i dont pick, that is not only not an improvement that is a regression, unless we get twelve for each mode rather than 4? even then it still doesnt work well for many casual gamers. I am against a better server numbers wise this week in WvW, getting keep daily done was not happening, so i went to pvp instead, except i was stuck in a queue for 6 minutes, so i did a pve one instead.

I will no longer have that option interms of seeing all dailies available, how is that a good thing?

Edited by Honkytonk.5362
  • Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

13 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

I do not think you are misunderstanding, I think you are 100% right. This is not a system improvement, this is like guild missions management, except guilds are not people, guilds tend to focus one area of game play, especially if they do WvW.

Right now i can access any of 4x3  dailies in the three game modes, i can see them all, i have not had to jump through some hoop trying to anticipate at the beggining of the week, or even day where my game play and time i have to play will take me. This system? i now have to decide in advance and i will not be able to see the game mode i dont pick, that is not only not an improvement that is a regression, unless we get twelve for each mode rather than 4? even then it still doesnt work well for many casual gamers. I am against a better server numbers wise this week in WvW, getting keep daily done was not happening, so i went to pvp instead, except i was stuck in a queue for 6 minutes, so i did a pve one instead.

I will no longer have that option interms of seeing all dailies available, how is that a good thing?

I dunno why y'all are getting so many confused face reactions but you're both right. This change is less choice than what we currently have. Instead of getting us to micromanage which objectives we want, instead give us the max of each objective and limit the total we can complete to the max of a single type of objective.

So for example if the shown change were to give us 6 total objectives per day. It looks like if you were to choose all 3(PvE, PvP, WvW) it would give 2 of each, if you were to choose 2 it would give 3 of each, and 1 would give 6. What I'm proposing is to instead give 6 of each(18 in total) and then limit the total objectives you can complete to 6 per day. That way we freely have 18 objectives to choose from daily, giving us more choice, less micromanaging and more in line with what we currently have.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Signcraft.9641 said:

My question is if I choose wvw and PvE or some other combo how long before I can change it again? Have they said and I overlooked it? Or is this still a wait and see?  

You can probably pick whatever you want during the day/week and the chosen settings will apply on daily/weekly reset.

1 hour ago, Signcraft.9641 said:

Oh and do I have to choose before it's due like if I want to change my weeklies to include pvp for next week do I have to choose before the weekly reset? Does it roll over from week to week if I don't change it?

Yeah, that's how it should work.

45 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

Right now i can access any of 4x3  dailies in the three game modes, i can see them all, i have not had to jump through some hoop trying to anticipate at the beggining of the week, or even day where my game play and time i have to play will take me. This system? i now have to decide in advance and i will not be able to see the game mode i dont pick, that is not only not an improvement that is a regression, unless we get twelve for each mode rather than 4?

How is this a regression? If we consider the reworked system will keep the current 4 tasks per category (but currently who knows how many it will be) then you can simply leave all 3 marked and you'll have the same -or similar- set of pve+wvw+pvp tasks to pick from. Why would you suddenly have to get "12 from each category" when you don't get 12 in each category in the current daily achievement system? :classic_blink:
Pick 3 categories and you retain your "even split between the modes".

42 minutes ago, babana.7521 said:

no more 2 gold for daily?  sometime when I am too busy to wvw, i complete the easiest dailies, and they aren't alwasy from the same category, can I still do that? mix and match what i want to do? 

Yes, you don't need to limit yourself to one category. And I'm not sure about the daily gold, but I think I saw them say it's something we can choose to also get from the vendor. Although not sure if it won't be somehow automated, considering we've been told the players will still get the usual 10 ap as they do now for "daily completionist", so not everything needs to be acquired through vendor I guess.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1