Literally the only reason I play GW2 is that there is no battlepass...looks like those days are over

This is really heartbreaking that arenanet is going down the path of the seasonal battlepass. Every game with a battlepass makes the game feel like a job, not a game. This is a dark day. I am speechless. Maybe make content that is fun to do and idk, people will just DO THE CONTENT? Why must this feel so forced?

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 60
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

This is really heartbreaking that arenanet is going down the path of the seasonal battlepass. Every game with a battlepass makes the game feel like a job, not a game. This is a dark day. I am speechless. 

Yeah I get what you mean, but I guess I can't say I'm surprised by this. With the recent quarterly update, it appears that they need to find new ways of monetization in order to deal with the loss of revenue over the years. It doesn't surprise me if they decide to just follow the herd.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Oh nice, thay finaly changing daily rewards, for somethink more interactive

i will spam thes to buy mystic coins/lauras

Rather than unlocking specific items at specific tiers of progression, you can choose which rewards you want to acquire.

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

So this is just a redo of the daily system and adding back weeklies which where taken out over 8 years ago. Anet has said you can not do anything with gems or gold to effect the new system. You will get astral acclaim by logging in and doing dailys, weekly, or special activies. Its basically pointing out things for you to do.

• Like 35
  • Sad 1

I recommend less panicking and more reading.

2 minutes ago, Mypinkbunny.4513 said:

adding back weeklies which where taken out over 8 years ago.

Those were monthly not weekly.

12 minutes ago, Mypinkbunny.4513 said:

So this is just a redo of the daily system and adding back weeklies which where taken out over 8 years ago. Anet has said you can not do anything with gems or gold to effect the new system. You will get astral acclaim by logging in and doing dailys, weekly, or special activies. Its basically pointing out things for you to do.

and being get something potentially more useful than a bunch of essence of luck and a repair canister

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

This is really heartbreaking that arenanet is going down the path of the seasonal battlepass. Every game with a battlepass makes the game feel like a job, not a game. This is a dark day. I am speechless. Maybe make content that is fun to do and idk, people will just DO THE CONTENT? Why must this feel so forced?

WTH are you talking about? You cannot buy anything in the vault with money. The transferred the dailies in there to give you the currency for anything they include.

My question is what happens to the end of month chest that had clovers?????????????

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

This isn't a battle pass. This is currency you can gain from dailies and weeklies that let you buy things from a vendor that will never be cycled out and have an unlimited time to get.

Per the article the only thing they won't cycle out is cosmetics...therefore everything else is fair game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gousgou.5438 said:

WTH are you talking about? You cannot buy anything in the vault with money. The transferred the dailies in there to give you the currency for anything they include.

My question is what happens to the end of month chest that had clovers?????????????

GW2 players are very naive. You are insulated from the live service disease that has plagued online gaming since Destiny 1. You are letting the trojan horse in
Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 29
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, gousgou.5438 said:

you can now just buy them with the Astral Acclaim, meaning you could focus a whole months worth of currency to potentionally buy more than the 7 we could before

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

What's the issue? Not like Anet hasn't done these Supply Drops before, but today it's problematic?  

War Eternal Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between April 23 - May 20, 2019.

New Horizons Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between August 27 - September 23, 2019.

8th Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between August 25 - September 21, 2020.

9th Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between August 17 - September 14, 2021.

End of Dragons Launch Supply Drop Requisition - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Only available between February 28 - March 28, 2022.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, Swagger.1459 said:

What's the issue? Not like Anet hasn't done these Supply Drops before, but today it's problematic?  

thats not what im referring to. facepalm. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

they're not talking about the supply drop, they're talking about the Wizards Vault

• Like 2

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:
GW2 players are very naive. You are insulated from the live service kitten that has infiltrated online gaming since Destiny 1. You are letting the trojan horse in

You are quite determined to see this as a bad thing, aren't you.

The rewards in this new system will never go away. After the cosmetic stuff is "rotated out," they still remain available, just for a bit more currency than previously. But it's still there. So you can play as much or as little as you'd like and still work towards the same rewards.

Even just logging in nets you 5 of the new currency per day; we don't know how much or how little that is, but you can still do absolutely nothing and still work toward those same rewards. Sure, it might take a while. Building up laurels also takes a while with our current system, so it doesn't seem that big of a change.

I don't really see how this is such a doom-and-gloom "oh noes the sky is falling/gaem is ded" sort of a thing.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

The rewards in this new system will never go away. After the cosmetic stuff is "rotated out," they still remain available, just for a bit more currency than previously. But it's still there. So you can play as much or as little as you'd like and still work towards the same rewards.

Even just logging in nets you 5 of the new currency per day; we don't know how much or how little that is, but you can still do absolutely nothing and still work toward those same rewards. Sure, it might take a while. Building up laurels also takes a while with our current system, so it doesn't seem that big of a change.

I don't really see how this is such a doom-and-gloom "oh noes the sky is falling/gaem is ded" sort of a thing.

I don't think it is for a bit more currency when it gets "rotated out". There is no information that implies this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

What you have to understand is that this is not CONTENT. This is arenanet DESPARATELY bribing people to "play" aka DO WHAT THIS MENU SCREEN TELLS YOU TO DO, rather than building out new good content that people want to do because it is FUN. That is my point. There is nothing FUN about this sort of mechanic. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 6
  • Confused 26
  • Sad 1

Oh I see. Well, if you don't like the added reward system, then don't chase after the items or play the game? 

I won't do anything that I personally do not find fun. I wish arenanet focused on making new fun content rather than scummy mechanics designed to essentially bribe players into logging in to do things they actually do not have fun doing. But hey, that's just me I guess. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 1

Oh I see. Well, if you don't like the added reward system, then don't chase after the items or play the game? 

It's not in addition to, it is in place of the current daily reward system.  The denominations are not known yet...we might be getting more choices on what we pick but perhaps less stuff overall once everything is tallied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1