Literally the only reason I play GW2 is that there is no battlepass...looks like those days are over

Reward longevity: The rewards in the Wizard’s Vault rotate every few months, but any cosmetic rewards introduced through the Wizard’s Vault will remain available. When they’re no longer part of the most recently updated offerings, those rewards will go into a legacy tab of the reward shop, where they’ll remain available for purchase for astral acclaim (although at a higher price). from todays blog post.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Einsof.1457 said:

I won't do anything that I personally do not find fun. I wish arenanet focused on making new fun content rather than scummy mechanics designed to essentially bribe players into logging in to do things they actually do not have fun doing. But hey, that's just me I guess. 

OK, that's your choice of course. Anet is making content, are they not? We kinda got a clearer picture of their future development cycles, so that's content on the horizons? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

I won't do anything that I personally do not find fun. I wish arenanet focused on making new fun content rather than scummy mechanics designed to essentially bribe players into logging in to do things they actually do not have fun doing. But hey, that's just me I guess. 

No, it's not just you, that's also me too. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mypinkbunny.4513 said:

anet is putting this in to all 3 games modes and you just pick and choice what you want to do

yeah, it's basically the Dailies and daily login we have now, butt with more option for what we get each month

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

What you have to understand is that this is not CONTENT. This is arenanet DESPARATELY bribing people to "play" aka DO WHAT THIS MENU SCREEN TELLS YOU TO DO, rather than building out new good content that people want to do because it is FUN. That is my point. There is nothing FUN about this sort of mechanic. 

There is also nothing fun about not knowing what to do. One of the major repeating complaints, especially for new players, is people don't know what to do or what goal to work towards. This is a step towards solving that. The game is far more vast that some people care to realize and not everyone has the inherent knowledge of "I know what is out there to do so I know what I want to do".

If there is at least one "Hey what does the log say to do today / this week? I never knew this was here! I'll come back" then the system is working as intended. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

There is also nothing fun about not knowing what to do. One of the major repeating complaints, especially for new players, is people don't know what to do or what goal to work towards. This is a step towards solving that. The game is far more vast that some people care to realize and not everyone has the inherent knowledge of "I know what is out there to do so I know what I want to do".

If there is at least one "Hey what does the log say to do today / this week? I never knew this was here! I'll come back" then the system is working as intended. 

If that was truly a problem they wanted to solve, they would offer guides and tips in the game itself. What you just said is completely incorrect. The rewards for doing the content should be enough without this battlepass style carrot on a stick. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mypinkbunny.4513 said:

Reward longevity: The rewards in the Wizard’s Vault rotate every few months, but any cosmetic rewards introduced through the Wizard’s Vault will remain available. When they’re no longer part of the most recently updated offerings, those rewards will go into a legacy tab of the reward shop, where they’ll remain available for purchase for astral acclaim (although at a higher price). from todays blog post.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/discover-the-wonders-within-the-wizards-vault-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Thank you! Was going to go find and quote that for OP, but you beat me to it. 😄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It introduces fomo into a game that has never historically had it (since OG season 1, anyway). 

How so?

Did you not read the part in the blog post where it specifies that rewards are always available? [Edit: The same part that has been quoted in this very thread, no less?]

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

How so?

Did you not read the part in the blog post where it specifies that rewards are always available? [Edit: The same part that has been quoted in this very thread, no less?]

Always available at higher price. Did you not read that part?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

What an ignorant post. OP needs to read the article. Nothing they are claiming about this new system matches with what the article states. I just read it, in its entirety, and it is clearly not a battle pass. It is a well thought out facelift to the current daily rewards system. It also addresses an issue many of us have brought up in the past about the endgame feeling aimless at times. This is a welcome update. Needed far more than additional content that will get lost in the shuffle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Just now, Super Hayes.6890 said:

What an ignorant post. OP needs to read the article. Nothing they are claiming about this new system matches with what the article states. I just read it, in its entirety, and it is clearly not a battle pass. It is a well thought out facelift to the current daily rewards system. It also addresses an issue many of us have brought up in the past about the endgame feeling aimless at times. This is a welcome update. Needed far more than additional content that will get lost in the shuffle.

Enjoy your fomo content in a game where the design philosophy has historically been antifomo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Always available at higher price. Did you not read that part?

I did, as a matter of fact. How is that "missing out"? You can still get it. It will simply take a little longer.

Reward longevity: The rewards in the Wizard’s Vault rotate every few months, but any cosmetic rewards introduced through the Wizard’s Vault will remain available. When they’re no longer part of the most recently updated offerings, those rewards will go into a legacy tab of the reward shop, where they’ll remain available for purchase for astral acclaim (although at a higher price). Our goal in doing this is to alleviate player anxiety about timed rewards—if something comes into the vault when it’s not a good time for you to be playing much, it’ll still be there for you later.

(emphasis mine)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Einsof.1457 said:

Yeah ? Define a little. Do you know? It's fomo content..you're in denial. 

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

You're quite correct in that I don't know how long it will take compared to when the rewards are "in." However, continuing to say fomo is factually incorrect. FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out. No one misses out on anything. If you can't play when a reward is current, but you can in a few months' time when that reward is rotated out, you can still get the reward. You do not miss out.

You can take issue with the increased cost - as stated, neither I nor anyone know how much it will be or how long it will take - but please stop using a term that has no place here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Batel.9206 said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

You're quite correct in that I don't know how long it will take compared to when the rewards are "in." However, continuing to say fomo is factually incorrect. FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out. No one misses out on anything. If you can't play when a reward is current, but you can in a few months' time when that reward is rotated out, you can still get the reward. You do not miss out.

You can take issue with the increased cost - as stated, neither I nor anyone know how much it will be or how long it will take - but please stop using a term that has no place here.

Youre missing out on the cheap pricing. I'm flabbergasted I have to explain the basics. 

• Confused 15
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It introduces fomo into a game that has never historically had it (since OG season 1, anyway). 

Um...they explicitly say that it's about reducing/eliminating that problem:

Our goal in doing this is to alleviate player anxiety about timed rewards

So you appear to be complaining about the exact opposite of what this is intended to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Youre missing out on the cheap pricing. I'm flabbergasted I have to explain the basics. 

Okay, now we finally get to the root of your complaint (I think) - you're upset about the price increase.

That's fine. That's a valid caution. Great. But why on earth didn't you just say so at the very beginning instead of going on this bizarre rant about "battle passes" and "FOMO" and all that nonsense?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6