New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

4 minutes ago, Pyrin.2741 said:

How the dailies were identified is not relevant to my point. They were known in advance and were not entirely random- the latter of which is the significant part here.

There are far too many things to do in GW2 for us to already be seeing the number of repetitive tasks that we have so far. Yes, the old dailies also repeated, but not to this degree. We would have seen a far wider variety of dungeons and JPs appear before ever seeing the same one again. Either the pool it is selecting from needs to be much larger, or it needs to be adjusted to have less of an element of randomness (or more likely, both of these things need to happen.)

None of what you are saying addresses this criticism, and I'm not going to discuss it further with you. I have voiced my complaint and suggestions for the devs to review, and that's all I have to say.

If I flp two coins and reveal the results of one  on day one, and post the results of day two where people can read it, it's still random. Meaning it's not following a pattern. It's simply revealed earlier in the game's api and people are reading it.  I have observed the same daily more than once in the same week with the old system. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

I got "The Long Way Around" minidungeon in the Straits of Devastation on my list today. This is the first big Nope for me. I had to do this thing 2 or 3 times for other reasons and was always happy when it's done, simply because of the reason: It's no fun. No fun at all. And why the heck should I bother with something which is no fun? And that's the reason why options are a good thing and should be (re)added into the game.

Aint to bad I can let you teleport to friend if you awant since I got it on my alt yesterday

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pyrin.2741 said:

Adding my voice to the frustration with seeing Zen Daijun again so soon. I support the suggestion that this one should be a weekly. But also, this system is only a few weeks old and already feeling repetitive, what is going on? There are so many JPs, minidungeons, adventures, vistas, harvesting nodes... There is no reason I should already be feeling like I've seen the same options several times. Even the easy ones- combos, dodges, kill x things- I've seen them enough times, mix it up with more vistas and harvesting and non-combat options, please!

I totally agree with this. I get that it's most likely RNG and that's why we're getting repeats so often, but a weighted RNG against things we've had in even the last month would make this system feel so much better. And having so many generic dailies does get boring. 

• Like 4

Oh and one more frustration: why are the kill objectives for actual last hit? This seems to be antithetical to most GW2 philosophies and encourages you to not play with friends or with groups because you'll accidentally be stealing kills from each other. I've gone through entire metas without finishing a 10 kill objective despite being actively engaged in combat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Xenos.5307 said:

Oh and one more frustration: why are the kill objectives for actual last hit? This seems to be antithetical to most GW2 philosophies and encourages you to not play with friends or with groups because you'll accidentally be stealing kills from each other. I've gone through entire metas without finishing a 10 kill objective despite being actively engaged in combat

That has to be a bug.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pyrin.2741 said:

The old dailies were not random. You used to be able to preview what tomorrow's daily options would be. If we are getting this much repetition after only a few weeks then they either need to add significantly more options to the pool, or adjust it to behave similarly to the old system to have less of an element of randomness.

I wanted to confirm this for myself, and felt like it was information worth sharing. Dailies used to be on a rotating schedule: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2y1r8l/tomorrows_dailies_and_future_ones_visualized_as/ 

This post is from 2015, I don't know if this is how it still functioned when the Vault was introduced. Ultimately it doesn't matter. How it used to work is entirely irrelevant to the issues with the current system. The Vault is brand new and still being adjusted, and it's worth voicing suggestions for improvement, so I'm hoping they can do more to increase variety. I am at least looking forward to the extra daily option they intend to add, that will hopefully help a little with variety as well.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

I got "The Long Way Around" minidungeon in the Straits of Devastation on my list today. This is the first big Nope for me

All the mini dungeons can be cheesed, especially when they are dailies. For The Long Way Around today all I needed to do was a short swim from Fort Trinity, through the cave (a comm tag helpfully marked the entrance) and a quick mount/dismount of someone's turtle.

• Like 1

Seitung mini dungeon really is the worst. Horrible design focused on entertaining only the most extreme masochists.  This would even be annoying if it was monthly. Why making it a daily? Guarantueed to make people skip that daily and starting to hate the system.

TP to friend does not even seem to work here ... annoying. Should be to priority to remove this from all repeatable achievements. Keep it only once for some permanent achievements - that is enough for this content.

Edit: What confused me a bit: The dungeon seems actually pretty well in "remembering/tracking" which boss you killed. While you need all 3 ... it seems possible to go later there after a map change and to other ones. Not all at once. I could not get the blue buff again and got the other 2 buffs and killed the other 2 buffs - after I gave it another try. Then I could go to the chest room. Remembered that I did the blue boss earlier. This makes it a bit better. Still a "weekly" for me I guess. Could make it less crowded and give people more options to find a good time to do it. (And please remember there are other "mini dungeons" as well. Don't bring only that one.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

Considering some WV's dailies are more general than previous dailies, we're bound to see more repetition. For example, unlike the old system, we no longer have to do events in specific maps. This alone cuts down on the number of options. For Anet to cut down on repetition, they'd have to go back to specific maps. Part of Anet's goal for WV was to let us do dailies/weeklies while playing the way we want. I'm not sure telling players to go back to specific maps is the direction they want to go. Then again, there are a lot of specific dailies/weeklies already. Not to mention that JP's, mini dungeons, and activities are NOT the type of stuff some players enjoy, specific or not.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4

I got the same daily objectives now four times: Dodge 3 times, Perform 3 combos 3 times, and do a minidungeon. Twice now it's been the Spirit Vestibule as well...

These dailies definitely feel much more like a chore than something fun to do for some reason. At least with old dailies, miner/gatherer/lumberer gave you a little benefit of choosing where you want to do that task in that region, as well as choosing what node to do.

I like the acclaim system, but I'm really starting to miss the old daily system in terms of what you were asked to do...

Edited by Uhkam.2164
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

See in the past 9/12 dailies could be broken and nobody would care as long as they got 3.  I mean you could care, but you'd rightfully be called unreasonable.

But when all dailies are needed, then people really start noticing the bad or faulty ones. If they just made some of them optional they won't have to go around playing whack a mole with every daily people start looking at and starting to hate.

And that Obsidian Sanctum weekly really needs to go. But hey, because I only need 6/8 I can pretend it is gone.

The most important thing is that these daily tasks are the entry point for engagement of the game; it's the most accessible part when it comes to progression. I mean legendaries have many unpleasant tasks, but you often only do them once and you're done until the next time you make a legendary. And going for that stuff means you signed up for a grind. I do not see the advantage of frustrating players on both a daily and weekly basis if all they do is want to play the game (in their way).

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Uhkam.2164 said:

I got the same daily objectives now four times: Dodge 3 times, Perform 3 combos 3 times, and do a minidungeon. Twice now it's been the Spirit Vestibule as well...

These dailies definitely feel much more like a chore than something fun to do for some reason. At least with old dailies, miner/gatherer/lumberer gave you a little benefit of choosing where you want to do that task in that region, as well as choosing what node to do.

I like the acclaim system, but I'm really starting to miss the old daily system in terms of what you were asked to do...

So you'd rather have 2 gold and 3 spirit shards for doing nothing than what we have now?  No thanks.  These dailies ask you to do a bit more, and for them we get more. At least wait until they add the extra element to see if they get better, but the truth is, they're asking me to play now, and they're rewarding me for that play and that, to me, is a winning formula. Before I was done with dailies almost every day in 5 minutes.  And I was happy for the 2 gold but dailies were completely meaningless. Now I've gotten multiple new skins, gem store items, even a mount skin. I've gotten an emote, plenty of currency and mats. They can't increase the reward this much without making you play for them.

It's nice that people want 12 dailies to choose from so they can pick the 3 easiest, fastest and have them done super fast.

Also I see you're ignoring the days where you can do three dalies in five minutes now.

• Confused 7

10 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Also I see you're ignoring the days where you can do three dalies in five minutes now

Those days are the majority now, and when they're not, they're often unenjoyable content. I'm looking forward to getting an extra daily option, so I can pick WvW dailies again and say farewell to the PvE dailies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Those days are the majority now, and when they're not, they're often unenjoyable content. I'm looking forward to getting an extra daily option, so I can pick WvW dailies again and say farewell to the PvE dailies.

I think you'll find if you tracked the days, they're not the majority. Stuff like that is easy to say, but it's just not true. For example, the long way around minidugneon isn't any worse than the old jumping puzzles we got, since there were people porting.  And yeah, the extra option will help for sure.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I think you'll find if you tracked the days, they're not the majority. Stuff like that is easy to say, but it's just not true. For example, the long way around minidugneon isn't any worse than the old jumping puzzles we got, since there were people porting.  And yeah, the extra option will help for sure.

My view on how long they take may be distorted because I've been doing them on a full-featured account as well as a core only account, and at least one of them can be done in 5 minutes almost every day. And yes, doing 3 PvE dailies in the previous system was probably as fast as they can be done right now.

The difference for me is that I never exclusively did PvE dailes before. It was always 3 WvW, or 2 WvW and 1 PvE if a 3rd WvW wasn't feasible, either because of my own time constraints or the status and activity on my server at the time I was playing. The current implementation of WvW dailies brings with it the possibility of not being able to complete my dailies, so I'm all PvE now, and it's not nearly as enjoyable. Five more days and that may well stop being an issue, so it's probably only a short lived irritation. Notwithstanding the now non-existing level of choice, I do like the new system. Actually having to do something for the rewards is a good change.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

My view on how long they take may be distorted because I've been doing them on a full-featured account as well as a core only account, and at least one of them can be done in 5 minutes almost every day. And yes, doing 3 PvE dailies in the previous system was probably as fast as they can be done right now.

The difference for me is that I never exclusively did PvE dailes before. It was always 3 WvW, or 2 WvW and 1 PvE if a 3rd WvW wasn't feasible, either because of my own time constraints or the status and activity on my server at the time I was playing. The current implementation of WvW dailies brings with it the possibility of not being able to complete my dailies, so I'm all PvE now, and it's not nearly as enjoyable. Five more days and that may well stop being an issue, so it's probably only a short lived irritation. Notwithstanding the now non-existing level of choice, I do like the new system. Actually having to do something for the rewards is a good change.

It's a valid complaint. I hope it gets better for you.

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

So you'd rather have 2 gold and 3 spirit shards for doing nothing than what we have now?  No thanks.  These dailies ask you to do a bit more, and for them we get more. At least wait until they add the extra element to see if they get better, but the truth is, they're asking me to play now, and they're rewarding me for that play and that, to me, is a winning formula. Before I was done with dailies almost every day in 5 minutes.  And I was happy for the 2 gold but dailies were completely meaningless. Now I've gotten multiple new skins, gem store items, even a mount skin. I've gotten an emote, plenty of currency and mats. They can't increase the reward this much without making you play for them.

It's nice that people want 12 dailies to choose from so they can pick the 3 easiest, fastest and have them done super fast.

Also I see you're ignoring the days where you can do three dalies in five minutes now.

No, I didn't say anything about acclaim (or the daily REWARD) being bad. I like that aspect. I meant that I much prefer "Krytan Lumberer" than "Dodge 3 attacks" as a daily. I dislike the TASKS, not REWARDS

I don't like the 3 out of 3 aspect of dailies, nor that they're overall slower to do.

Don't forget that old dailies at times took only couple minutes as well. Gatherer + Vista Viewer + Mystic Forger was a very easy old daily for instance.

Edited by Uhkam.2164
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Uhkam.2164 said:

No, I didn't say anything about acclaim (or the daily REWARD) being bad. I like that aspect. I meant that I much prefer "Krytan Lumberer" than "Dodge 3 attacks" as a daily. I dislike the TASKS, not REWARDS

I don't like the 3 out of 3 aspect of dailies, nor that they're overall slower to do.

Don't forget that old dailies at times took only couple minutes as well. Gatherer + Vista Viewer + Mystic Forger was a very easy old daily for instance.

Maybe I'm crazy, but on a normal day I dodge 3 attacks playing. Dodging attacks is normal. Going to kryta might or might not be out of my way.  Saying I don't like dodging attacks when it's so basic to the game is part of the issue with the playerbase. Dodging is a normal part of play and so is farming.  You can dodge attacks almost anywhere. You can't say the same about krytan lumberer.

• Confused 6

30 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but on a normal day I dodge 3 attacks playing. Dodging attacks is normal. Going to kryta might or might not be out of my way.  Saying I don't like dodging attacks when it's so basic to the game is part of the issue with the playerbase. Dodging is a normal part of play and so is farming.  You can dodge attacks almost anywhere. You can't say the same about krytan lumberer.

I think you missed my point on it because you're putting words in my mouth again: I never claimed I don't like dodging as part of the game.

I dislike dodging daily as a TASK because it's not very creative task. At least with Krytan Lumberer people could go anywhere in Kryta they like to get any wood they might like - or find the fast way to do it. People would be free to choose whichever they want to do for the daily.

I guess what I'm after here is that the new tasks mostly are too... boring or specific on what you need to do. The old tasks allowed you to have freedom on how you could do the task (aside from daily fractal and daily activity...), in addition of giving more choices on what counted as a daily. 

Edited by Uhkam.2164
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Uhkam.2164 said:

I think you missed my point on it because you're putting words in my mouth again: I never claimed I don't like dodging as part of the game.

I dislike dodging daily as a TASK because it's not very creative task. At least with Krytan Lumberer people could go anywhere in Kryta they like to get any wood they might like - or find the fast way to do it. People would be free to choose whichever they want to do for the daily.

I guess what I'm after here is that the new tasks mostly are too... boring or specific on what you need to do. The old tasks allowed you to have freedom on how you could do the task (aside from daily fractal and daily activity...), in addition of giving more choices on what counted as a daily. 

I can't imagine you think chopping down three trees is a creative task. Dodging is something people need to learn because not even people dodge. I see this all the time. People standing in circles and not dodging. People getting hit by attacks they could avoid. Dodging is basic to the game. You can be creative with it. You can find places you enjoy dodging. You can train dodging at wurms that throw rocks. Or you could go to a different kryta zone and hit f, with no timing. There's nothing creative about a gathering daily.  Nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I think Anet greatly overestimates the percentage of players that finding jumping puzzles and mini dungeons fun.  For a person that does, having those as dailies would be fine, but I know several players who straight out will not touch those.

I switched to PvE only dailies, after having PvE + WvW the first week and getting several which were very time consuming or otherwise near impossible to do.  And in that bunch, I've gotten some which are really fast to do (craft a few items, do a dodge, use a combo, kill 10 enemies/3 vets).   So if the goal was to make it so that one had to do more work for the dailies, that is true for some days, but not others (today I have catch 5 fish, complete 1 event in crystal desert, kill 10 enemies in crystal desert).  I can probably do that in under 5 minutes.  But some days a JP that is going to take 10 minutes on its own is added in.  I guess Anet wants to keep the mesmers in business.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

More variety would be nice.  My WvW dailies for 15 days have always included "Defeat 3 enemy players."  Complete a "Defend an Objective Event" has also popped with some frequency, and given the random nature of completing that one, is annoying.  Otherwise, it's Capture a Flag, Escort a Supply Yak, Defeat 5 guards, Destroy a Supply Caravan and maybe one or two more.  I'm hoping that the 4th option solves my issue  with the randomness of the Defend Event task.  I'd prefer being able to choose three from the pool of 4 each PvE/PvP/WvW, but if I have to live with 3 of 4 in one mode, it won't be the end of the game for me.

• Like 2

Obsidian Sanctum is fine though. Yes: You can not do it and still get the weekly chest. (Missing out on 40 acclaim but it feels worse ot not get a chest. Therefore imo feeling worse to not be able to get the daily chest though there it is 40 acclaim as wel ... 30 from the chest 10 if you can not do the last of your dailies.)

The OS at least is fun to run. (Have not had to do it on weeklies though lol - only during guild missions for my solo guild outside the weeklies others had.. Must be harder during weeklies - but also getting more interesting it if gets more populated. I liked it back then in 2012/13.) Sounds like the "one annoying" thing similar to the tournament people might want to avoid in PvP. (I switched from PvE/WvW to pure PvP cause of that. I do not play WvW so I wanted to wait WvW not cause of the OS but because it would have sent me to do other stuff there as well.)

Yes: The generic content seems good because you can chose your map. Not tied to a map. But for the "mini dungeons" exactly the same could be possible. Or them chosing between more different ones. (Not all have been in rotation since the Spirit Vestibule.)

For the WvW/PvP it seems they are more l mited cause of the game mode. I think the last time I checked the wiki PvP was most limited (lowest amount of different stuff). Even in the old dailies it had the tournament match in there daily and less variety than the 2 other game modes.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I think Anet greatly overestimates the percentage of players that finding jumping puzzles and mini dungeons fun.  For a person that does, having those as dailies would be fine, but I know several players who straight out will not touch those.

I switched to PvE only dailies, after having PvE + WvW the first week and getting several which were very time consuming or otherwise near impossible to do.  And in that bunch, I've gotten some which are really fast to do (craft a few items, do a dodge, use a combo, kill 10 enemies/3 vets).   So if the goal was to make it so that one had to do more work for the dailies, that is true for some days, but not others (today I have catch 5 fish, complete 1 event in crystal desert, kill 10 enemies in crystal desert).  I can probably do that in under 5 minutes.  But some days a JP that is going to take 10 minutes on its own is added in.  I guess Anet wants to keep the mesmers in business.

On JP daily days there's virtually always mesmers porting. Even after the change to the dailies. Often the jumping puzzle is the fastest daily because of this.