Bring back the old Dailies [Merged]

10 hours ago, Ryuk.6840 said:

I haven't logged in because of work , but what are the specials ?

Could the system randomize the rest of the unfinished dailies  , if you complete a special and have checked from the 2+ categories.

The special category is basically hand picked monthly achievements

So today my daily for pvp was to earn a whole 50 rank points, that's asking me to complete and win 5 ranked pvp matches. That's way too time consuming compared to the old system, I'm simply not going to log in if I have to complete objectives like that.  It takes a disproportionately long time to earn 50 ranked points compared to other daily and even some weekly objectives. I almost think I should make a bug report because of how much of an oversight this seems to be.  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Doctor.1384 said:

So today my daily for pvp was to earn a whole 50 rank points, that's asking me to complete and win 5 ranked pvp matches. That's way too time consuming compared to the old system, I'm simply not going to log in if I have to complete objectives like that.  It takes a disproportionately long time to earn 50 ranked points compared to other daily and even some weekly objectives. I almost think I should make a bug report because of how much of an oversight this seems to be.  

Oh wow. Even winning five matches in a row can take quite a while with wait times for matches to pop, waiting for people to select a map, waiting for people to click ready, and then the match itself.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/23/2023 at 4:03 PM, HawkMeister.4758 said:

If they could do it they would've.

I'm pretty sure all the old devs who coded it are long gone

and the new crop is too afraid to touch this perfectly fine functioning code with a ten foot pole.

The code could easily be untouched and the Wizard's Vault be added separately. It's not an inherent problem, it's a problem made by ANet themselves in this regards. Adding in Wizard's Vault is about the same as adding Fractals whilst Dungeons are still around, even though Fractals basically replaced Dungeons, the Dungeon system still exist for people to enjoy and is unaffected by the existence of its replacement

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If 12 were too much for you, you could have limited yourself to just five or six.

That doesn't mean, other people also need to have less choices (or none like it is now).

I absolutely limited myself. No way in hell was I going to do 12 dailies. For people who wanted to maximize rewards, they had to do 12, but I also feel after doing 3 the extras shouldn't have given additional reward. But that's a different discussion. Saying there is no choice is inherently false. You could very easily choose to just not do the daily. My point wasn't that we should be limited to 3 dailies and only get 3 options. I in fact said the opposite. We have 3 to do (I am not counting logging in), and so we should have 5-6 options. If you have all three boxes checked, sure, let's give those folks more. But I don't think people who pick PvE only should get 12 PvE dailies and people who pick all three options should have a mix of 12. I personally feel that if they stick to the requirement, we should have 50% extra options;  3 dailies, 5 options. Again, logging in I'm not counting, but if you count that, it would be 4 dailies, 6 options.

@missing.2148 had a good idea basis I'd expand on: You need to complete 4 dailies, but let's say you're given 6. One is logging in, meaning 5 left. You pick PvE only, you get 3 PVE and 1 PvP or 1 WvW (or 1 of each, idc). It gives the option JUST IN CASE you'd prefer to try that. I personally hate jumping puzzles and would rather go into PvP in those instances instead. I'm sure there are WvW players who hate defending Dolyaks and would rather just go do some PvE events. There should always be at least 1 option that you didn't tailor to specifically. 

11 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They could have made this optional, so that player can use it if they want and not use it, if they dislike it.

But giving us options to minimize interactions with the mobile game-esque UI would have been great.

A good mix would be we could "favorite" purchases which would move them to the top, and we could set one to auto-redeem. Once it auto-redeems, we get a notification in a tutorial-style that tells us to select a new one. At that point we can ignore it an not have an auto-redeem, or set a new one.

20 hours ago, Dalent.9358 said:

I think 12 was way overkill. Especially if you can pick only to do PvE and no PvP/WvW? 5-6 should be fine. I'm going to test today to see if not clicking a chest will cause it to auto-collect at daily reset or not. Will I potentially lose some currency? Sure, but science.

I did this, and I did in fact not get the Acclaim when dailies rolled over. I made sure I checked the amount I had right before dailies rolled, stayed online when they did, map changed, and logged out and back in. It just evaporates, which is not a good feeling. I'd like the bouncy chest back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1