Golems, Rockdogs and Horrors oh my [Merged]

6 minutes ago, zeddy.8406 said:

So we never had an official ANET response to this? I suppose all our rune pet friends are gone forever?

Yes most likely they are.

You can stock up and  still use these in the open world tho

Deployable Mortar Kit

Fire Elemental Powder

Ogre Pet Whistle

Deployable Thumper Turret

Mortar Seed Turret

Pocket Jade Armor

Sunspear Paragon Support

Cannon in a Box

Edit

Sadly they nerfed them abit so you can only use them 1 time every 30 mins.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Sad 2

On 8/22/2023 at 8:38 PM, Stx.4857 said:

Well, I’m shocked.  And disappointed.  

This feels like the flesh reaver sigil all over again.  They better put these back in the game, they have to know players love these.  

Hell I love the privateer runes on my thief because of the bird summon!  I don’t want to lose that permanently.  Hopefully they add them back sooner rather than later. 

This Privateer agrees - I want my parrot back - Yar!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, zeddy.8406 said:

So we never had an official ANET response to this?

Sadly, official responses aren't their strong suit.

7 hours ago, zeddy.8406 said:

I suppose all our rune pet friends are gone forever?

As far as we know, it appears that they simply don't want us to play with them anymore.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Remember, originally there weren't going to be legendary relics at all.  They only decided to add legandary relics because of the backlash from the nerfed runes and the underwhelming standard relics.

The player base was so outraged Anet panicked. "We can make legendary relics! We can make better relics that you can use with your legendary relics! Please stop being mad!"

Sure, the drip feed of new relics may have been planned from the start.  I bet the company had to assign far more resources to relic development than they had originally intended.  Of course the players would be told that the relic release schedule was planned this way from the beginning.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Remember, originally there weren't going to be legendary relics at all.  They only decided to add legandary relics because of the backlash from the nerfed runes and the underwhelming standard relics.

The player base was so outraged Anet panicked. "We can make legendary relics! We can make better relics that you can use with your legendary relics! Please stop being mad!"

Sure, the drip feed of new relics may have been planned from the start.  I bet the company had to assign far more resources to relic development than they had originally intended.  Of course the players would be told that the relic release schedule was planned this way from the beginning.  

Looking at what they continue to give us... Nope they did not panic at all. At least not yet.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

Okokokok...

New and improved idea, hear me out...

It's the memegolem, but the model gets updated to be have cat ears like the golems in the ironically named unCATegorized fractal. Great idea, amirite?

There is minis of all those already so you can have any one of them follow you around 100%.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

There is minis of all those already so you can have any one of them follow you around 100%.

But it does not fight and its not as big, also I already run those mini, with my mech and my miss in action golem. I was Zzik the golemancer, now Im Zzik the jobless...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

While we are at it, I still miss my Rock Dog from the ogre runes.

And while it's not all that related to this topic, I think we should have a Rock Dog Ranger pet available in the core game as well.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Thank for keeping this thread up there. I miss my golem... if its to fight afk, dont punish player that actively play your game... The afk dont care if the rune is here or no, it didnt do anything for the necro infestation in living world map...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1