Positive Feedback: I like SOTO

I love the wizard's vault, the new dailies, the weeklies.

I love the maps! I mean, wow, the new maps are pretty cool! We get to fly around sky islands and a big, really cool wizard's tower!!

Oh, also, new mount masteries?? I'm having so much fun flying through updrafts with my skyscale and griffon, I can't wait to get ley-line riding for them!!

The rifts are a super cool new feature, and I think I've figured out motivations.

Please, everyone, if you like the expansion too, leave positive feedback. If a developer only sees negative feedback, they are more prone to changing functional features.

• Like 7

So far I think, yes it is less overall content, but the maps, even design, aesthetic, story telling and lore are all far better and much more cohesive. 

The rewards and masteries aren’t quite there yet and I think these maps would have been ideal for heart quests.

Pleasantly surprised so far but I haven’t finished the story yet. The final meta is insanely good though.

Rifts, if organically found or hunted as you complete the map are good ways to explore. I don’t really like the rift finding mechanic though. 

I wish we had a living Lupi though. 😞 

On 8/26/2023 at 2:07 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

I love the wizard's vault, the new dailies, the weeklies.

I love the maps! I mean, wow, the new maps are pretty cool! We get to fly around sky islands and a big, really cool wizard's tower!!

Oh, also, new mount masteries?? I'm having so much fun flying through updrafts with my skyscale and griffon, I can't wait to get ley-line riding for them!!

The rifts are a super cool new feature, and I think I've figured out motivations.

Please, everyone, if you like the expansion too, leave positive feedback. If a developer only sees negative feedback, they are more prone to changing functional features.

I LIKE THE MAPS. i DISLIKE SOTO IN GENERAL. IT FEELS MORE LIKE A LIVING WORLD SEASON THAN AN EXPANSION. THAT'S MY NUMBER ONE CRITICISM OF IT. IT JUST DOESN'T FEEL THE WAY IT SHOULD. I CAN'T BE MORE SPECIFIC; I HAVEN'T TRACED THAT FEELING BACK TO ITS ROOTS.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I'll wait to reserve final judgement until I see the final rift type.  For this to succeed, they are going to need all the casual PVE types to be able to do the instanced versions of the Rifts, otherwise what was the point?  I really want them to be as accessible and approachable as some of our favorite metas and not become elitist gatekeeping like happened with some of the strikes.

What is in the game so far is very casual and if the are going to double down on this sort of content (i.e. things getting easier vs. harder) then they need to have the whole xpac be that way. 

I like the maps and the story a lot, but Wizards Tower is surprinsgly under utilised given it’s iconic history though. I don’t regret purchasing despite some dubious side features and swathes of bugs taking a little shine off things.

Theres enough positive stuff in there. At least for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illuminati.8453 said:

I'll wait to reserve final judgement until I see the final rift type.  For this to succeed, they are going to need all the casual PVE types to be able to do the instanced versions of the Rifts, otherwise what was the point?  I really want them to be as accessible and approachable as some of our favorite metas and not become elitist gatekeeping like happened with some of the strikes.

What is in the game so far is very casual and if the are going to double down on this sort of content (i.e. things getting easier vs. harder) then they need to have the whole xpac be that way. 

How are strikes gatekept when anyone can make a 10 man group and go in and do them?

I'm having a really good time, working on the map metas to a point I usually don't, doing a lot of rifts, working on a lot of side achievements. Had the most social play I've had in a long time, looking for help with group events, calling out events. Found a relic for my main I really like. Working on thinking about what might be best for my other characters in that regard.

It's been a long week and a half! Lot of fun!

• Like 2

I like it overall; the story direction and characters are more enjoyable than previous ones, at least since HoT. It's more serious in tone, no back and forth quip writing. No "Dragon's Watch." Minimal Taimi.

Much of the level design is asset recycling with a twist to make up for it (needing flight) but there's still some cool looking new stuff.

Demons are always a plus for any story.

Wizard Vault is free real estate. Just wish they threw in all 3 options (PvE/PvP/WvW) at once and let us choose between 3 of them and grayed out the rest when done, same with Weekly (Weekly seems to have an overflow though for some reason). Then bugs wouldn't be as much of an issue.

First Meta is kinda boring honestly but I like the second one.

Rifts are... okay, but making the Rifts more challenging costs money, which is weird and unexciting cuz I'ma frugal lad.

Interested in seeing the rest, especially if one of the new maps is in Kryptis land and if there are any that are allies there.

3 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Just gotta stare at LFG, these don't seem as hard as the EoD ones so they went more casual route. I joined a squad that did a blind run where no one knew anything about the fights and the first one was pretty easy w/o fail. The Cerus one had a handful of wipes mainly from not knowing we had to stack the 3x greens then it was cleared pretty easy.