Forging Steel, Public, Does not Count Towards Wizard Vault Weekly

15 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

"Forging Steel is the sixth Icebrood Saga strike mission"

I agree that its different from other strikes, according to wiki it is just another strike mission so it should count. 
Why would anyone pick it for weekly? Because its soloable, long but soloable.

Wiki information is however defined by players. The issue is the game doesn't consistently recognise it as a strike. It is on the emissary chest listing, but it's not recognised by the strike portal or the priority strike listing and works instead as something closer to a dragon response mission (it's likely the prototype for it). Whilst I can understand the confusion because of the lack of consistency in the game, I can't say ive ever regarded it as a strike either.

I would suggest it the weekly is correct in not counting it, but if people feel differently a bug report would seem in order

Edited by Randulf.7614

14 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Wiki information is however defined by players. The issue is the game doesn't consistently recognise it as a strike. It is on the emissary chest listing, but it's not recognised by the strike portal or the priority strike listing and works instead as something closer to a dragon response mission (it's likely the prototype for it). Whilst I can understand the confusion because of the lack of consistency in the game, I can't say ive ever regarded it as a strike either.

I would suggest it the weekly is correct in not counting it, but if people feel differently a bug report would seem in order

In addition to that, I'm not sure , if it was ever called a strike by anet, I think they always called it a vision (of the past).

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So I can run my alts through it while soloing the whole thing on my main?

Last boss scales badly with more players, Basically you need all or most players to CC the boss to dmg it, you can do it alone if you are alone, maybe even if you are 2 but not when you are 3, then you need 2 players to CC. Yes, you do a bit of damage even without CC but it took me close to an hour to kill if not more. Atleast that was my last experience with the mission. Players did not usually know what to do anyway...