F2P Maps deserted, Daily System working perfectly.

core maps are abandonware, they don't want you to play them. They could have easily added stuff to them if they wanted, they haven't for the past 8 years besides some insignificant invasion events that everyone got over with after 3 days.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Wherever I go, to any core tyria map, I see people everywhere, many people doing events and even outside the events, if I am just running arround I can see players every 10 seconds, how is that empty map? On EU atleast. Sure, sometimes you end up on empty map but that is most likely new opened map cause old one was full...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

As a rule I don't buy unfinished products.

This "expansion" hasn't even introduced the main attraction, the new weapon system.

Let alone any proper content.

It is unfinished. At least the story mode is unfinished if you value the story highly. If not, then it is still worth it. Even without the extra weapon system.

The maps are fun. A lot to do. The first map is great with all its different fractals. And from completing achievements it feels like Seitung (with more players). (Seitung was also very entertaining for me.)

Your skyscale will get partly ruined and partly boosted when you do its new mastery.

• Sad 1

Guild Wars 2 is not pinin'! It's passed on! This game is no more! It's ceased to be! The new expansion is obscured and gone to meet its maker! New dailies are stiff, bereft of life, rest in peace! If you hadn't nailed em to the UI they'd be pushing up the daisies! F2P players are now 'istory! It's off the Twitch, kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' MMOs invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PANSION!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I assume they mean core Tyria maps, since those are the ones everyone has access to.

What does that have to do with new players? And those maps are extremely populated, I can't even remember the last time I was in a core Tyria map and there weren't other players at every event. Went to Orr for the first time in ages last night, every temple was under Pact control which was rarely the case even 8 or 9 years ago.

• Confused 1

On 9/11/2023 at 5:25 PM, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

What does that have to do with new players? 

.I can't even remember the last time I was in a core Tyria map and there weren't other players at every event.

Then quite frankly, you(& others like you) are completely unqualified to opine in this thread here.

With the old 3 events daily you literally had ZERGS running across the WHOLE kitten map in the ORIGINAL MAPS of this game,

that is commonly known as the F2P part of GW2.

It was a glorious mess and to EVERY MMO PLAYER on this planet virtually unheard of for "noob maps".

Literally any other MMO has utterly deserted leveling maps,

or outright abandoned ones like WOW. So they can sell their insta max level boost.

It was the initial shock that showed a noob that he was dealing with something different here. 🤯

That's gone now.

☠️

• Confused 7

F2P maps are still populated. I don’t know why you keep on lying.
Nothing really has changed, there are still meta trains and you have to visit F2P maps for dailies and weeklies.

This week one of my weeklies was to do the meta event in Caledon Forest, it was full of players. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Then quite frankly, you(& others like you) are completely unqualified to opine in this thread here.

With the old 3 events daily you literally had ZERGS running across the WHOLE kitten map in the ORIGINAL MAPS of this game,

that is commonly known as the F2P part of GW2.

Nah, you're wrong. The core maps aren't really in a different state than they were before the dailies change. If you think they somehow qualify to be described as "deserted" now then they also qualified for that before the change.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5

be me, on a fully F2P account (no heroic, no nothing; straight up F2P)

also be me, every map I've gone to so far has had a decent population, especially the starter maps

be me on an F2P map that has the kryptid rifts on it, there are entire zergs of people there

be OP: yOu'Re NoT qUaLiFiEd To SpEaK oN tHiS

lmao, ok, OP. Is this just ragebait?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 3:39 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If one can not even remember

At least I can remember how a bursting Verdant Brink map looked, since I returned last year. Let alone Queensdale or Gendarran Fields.

It should be quite obvious,

especially to you people playing this frikken games nonstop all these years.

But I guess denying objective reality is a thing nowadays.

BTW, you can keep my typo.

It seems to bring you joy. 😷

Edited by HawkMeister.4758
  • Confused 7

On 9/16/2023 at 9:46 AM, vares.8457 said:

F2P maps are still populated. I don’t know why you keep on lying.
Nothing really has changed,

So projecting your own lie onto me?

Ok.

Just today on EU prime time I've been to pretty much ALL F2P maps farming hero points for an alt.

There's "population", I guess.

Nearly every event was deserted, or a lonely guy was running it then ran away when I joined.

Clearly relieved somebody else was finishing it for him. Which I did as I'm a 🫶guy.

Quite frankly it was a lonely 💩show.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, HawkMeister.4758 said:

So projecting your own lie onto me?

Ok.

Just today on EU prime time I've been to pretty much ALL F2P maps farming hero points for an alt.

There's "population", I guess.

Nearly every event was deserted, or a lonely guy was running it then ran away when I joined.

Clearly relieved somebody else was finishing it for him. Which I did as I'm a 🫶guy.

Quite frankly it was a lonely 💩show.

And what population have you expected to see ? I started to play 5 years ago and core maps ( aside maybe from Orr ) never had many ppl there.

As for your experience - here is mine.  Recently I played on my lvl 70 or so asura elementalist and while running from story point A to story point B I decided to stop and participate in random bridge defence event in Lornar Pass. And you know what ? In 1-2 minutes 2 people joined me and we had 3 ppl doing useless event with trash rewards in 11y.o game on core map. I think this is pretty much incredible.  But you do you I guess.

Edited by Hindenburg.3415
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

And you know what ? In 1-2 minutes 2 people joined me and we had 3 ppl doing useless event with trash rewards in 11y.o game on core map. I think this is pretty much incredible.  But you do you I guess.

It is indeed incredible and I don't know why I'm still surprised at posts like this.

During a 4 EVENT DAILY

that event would have had 5-10 people, maybe even more. It's a fun event.

Edited by HawkMeister.4758
PS.really curious how many of my heretical posts survive the day
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 9/11/2023 at 4:46 AM, Whelium.4706 said:

All these people complaining are talking out their... Last week it was Soto maps are dead before that gw2 is a dead game. Just ignore them seriously they don't know what they are talking about and their thoughtless rant post would look much better with zero replies.

New content bad, old content good.

In a few years we might see people praising DRMs for being good content.

• Haha 4