F2P Maps deserted, Daily System working perfectly.

Congrats Anet,

you got what you wanted!

A website daily nagging me to buy your pre-paid Living World story'lett,

while VERY often sending me to maps I never been to (failed about half of these dailies by now).

AND ALL NEW PLAYER F2P MAPS DESERTED.

Been Key farming a bit and I see the same as all new players do,

virtually empty maps where everybody is lonely slogging through a rare painfully tiny event,

wondering when the fun starts.

It's exactly as I predicted on day one.

The old "3 events daily" on F2P MAPs ONLY, literally revived F2P maps and pulling in any hapless noob wandering by.

This is gone now.

Sad. :classic_wacko:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 33
  • Sad 1

Populated on EU servers at least. Just finished map completion again and saw no issues with player count

I was even in Draconis Mons on a few days this week and that’s been well populated too. Even saw wyvern and all champ events being done as they popped. That wasn’t a map I expected to be done, even with legendary/return to lw stuff going on

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I was in Lornar's Pass on Friday night and saw a lot of people around, including a big group getting things for the new skyscale collections. There were also quite a few people about when I was doing map completion in Gendarren Fields yesterday - enough that Nebo Terrace had scaled up mobs attacking all 3 entrances during the event and a group got together to take down the level 80 bandit boss (the legendary one didn't spawn). When I left people were getting organised to do the Ley Anomaly.

Maybe it's different on NA? Of course it also depends a lot on the time you're online, each region has it's own peak time and will be quieter outside of that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Since the PvE tasks now also include forced tasks that I simply do not want to do, I have my dailies only set to WvW and must admit that since then I no longer visit the PvE maps as before. Back in the days when I still had extra chars on certain maps that I visited frequently for PvE daily.
I only entered maps when the daily offered it as a choice, I didn't have to but I could and wanted to from time to time. And sometimes I thought to myself, boss xy or event on map xy... yeah why not. As a variety.

That no longer happens. I'm a bit sad but I can't get myself motivated to visit a map without a reason.

In addition, the WvW tasks are just great. Except defend, its success is quite dependent on chance.

I levelled a Charr just last week, took me 9 days from 1 to the end of the personal story. And can't say that I was on deserted maps. I explored some maps for the exp to reach the next story chapter minimum level. And the lower level maps had more people than the high level ones. On the starter maps of Charr, Norn and Human were always other players in sight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/10/2023 at 1:12 AM, HawkMeister.4758 said:

Congrats Anet,

you got what you wanted!

A website daily nagging me to buy your pre-paid Living World story'lett,

while VERY often sending me to maps I never been to (failed about half of these dailies by now).

AND ALL NEW PLAYER F2P MAPS DESERTED.

Been Key farming a bit and I see the same as all new players do,

virtually empty maps where everybody is lonely slogging through a rare painfully tiny event,

wondering when the fun starts.

It's exactly as I predicted on day one.

The old "3 events daily" on F2P MAPs ONLY, literally revived F2P maps and pulling in any hapless noob wandering by.

This is gone now.

Sad. :classic_wacko:

=)

Edited by Kree.5628
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Lots of people at Shatterer the other night when I was there for the daily.

Saw plenty of people in Sparkfly Fen, Timberline Falls, and Straights of Devastation while doing the weekly rift incursion achievements. There was even a commander in SoD leading zone events.

Under the old dailies, I almost never did the “three events” because there was always a faster daily.

Core zone world bosses, JPs, and mini dungeons are still in the rotation.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Bruh, wut. NA here: been leveling an F2P account, and no map I've been to so far has been utterly deserted. Hell, I have full PvE dailies/weeklies on my other accounts and have had no issues getting those done (except for laziness when it comes to I just don't want to do any minidungeons I can't solo in 5 seconds).

If you're doing the get-to-level-10 farming, I'm extra confused because all the starter areas I've been to have been reasonably populated.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hindenburg.3415 said:

Orr was packed the over day - people were doing temples.

Somehow Orr is always well visited. What is it with those maps?

6 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The OP can't be a free player because you can't use the forum without a paid copy of the game.

Why?
Sounds mean.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

Why not get the expac? ..

Dont get me wrong, its not free, but its not that much either.

As a rule I don't buy unfinished products.

This "expansion" hasn't even introduced the main attraction, the new weapon system.

Let alone any proper content.

7 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Why?
Sounds mean.

Nah, that's just smart.

Keeps the spammers away, so only paying customers have a say.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

21 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Somehow Orr is always well visited. What is it with those maps?

Why?
Sounds mean.

It reduces the number of players posting under pseudonyms to artificially inflate feedback or getting round account bans with froob accounts. Buying accounts doesn’t stop it (as we have discovered with some posters), but at least manages it a lot better.

• Like 4