Why Are Legendary Greatsword Effects So Much Better Than Others?

I got the Bifrost to complete my ele recently, and yes I'm happy enough with the looks of it... but when you compare it to the Greatswords it just seems a bit naff...

Sunrise/Twilight etc all have AMAZING effects in battle, and their footprints they leave behind.

When you're following someone with a legendary Greatsword, you can REALLY tell, it's so obvious.
Their cool foot prints are leaving a path behind them for like 10+ footprints or so it feels.  They're also REALLY obvious and huge...

Whereas my Bifrost leave footprints for like 3-4 steps max, they're very light in colour and pretty small..

Are there any legendary staffs that can compare to the great swords?

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Liewec.2896 said:

greatswords are usually the best looking weapons!

If you remove their effects I find them (Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity) butt ugly.

And when it comes to effects, I'm always impressed by those that cause large ice? spikes to form from the ground when slaying a creature.

I wish that the footprint could be separated from the rest of the skin. First thing I did when I crafted Dreamer, was to add a skin. But I didn't mind its rainbow footprints :s

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

If you remove their effects I find them (Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity) butt ugly.

And when it comes to effects, I'm always impressed by those that cause large ice? spikes to form from the ground when slaying a creature.

I wish that the footprint could be separated from the rest of the skin. First thing I did when I crafted Dreamer, was to add a skin. But I didn't mind its rainbow footprints :s

The Aurene legendaries spawn crystal spikes on kill sometimes, I assume the Jormag variant uses ice though. I'm only using the vanilla Aurene staff atm but it is definitely very flashy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadringers.9047 said:

I got the Bifrost to complete my ele recently, and yes I'm happy enough with the looks of it... but when you compare it to the Greatswords it just seems a bit naff...

Sunrise/Twilight etc all have AMAZING effects in battle, and their footprints they leave behind.

When you're following someone with a legendary Greatsword, you can REALLY tell, it's so obvious.
Their cool foot prints are leaving a path behind them for like 10+ footprints or so it feels.  They're also REALLY obvious and huge...

Whereas my Bifrost leave footprints for like 3-4 steps max, they're very light in colour and pretty small..

Are there any legendary staffs that can compare to the great swords?

Congratulations to your glorious buttplug, enjoy! There is no greatsword possessing such subtle elegance!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Gen 3 staff 

Jormag variant is my favorite so far (but have only personally used aurene, Jormag and primordius so far)

Gen 2 staff is really unique, but maybe less flashy

From gen 3 it seems like the longbow is the most "in your face" flashy. 

It seems to be the weapon with the biggest trail.

Seems most gen 3 just have trail effect on specific places. Like the tip on the greatsword of staff 

The bow just have one giant trail

Looks cool when it's on your back 🙂

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Tastes & colors ... I'd say most legendary gen1 skins are pretty dull compared to 2.  The only gen1 I bothered doing was Howler
Astralaria, Xiuqualt, Nevermore, Verdarach, Claw of Khan Ur and Exordium all have way more interesting shapes AND visuals effects imo

Same, only one I made from gen 1 is Howler since it's the least gaudy and has cool audio effects. Later legendaries are a lot classier-looking to me.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

The Aurene legendaries spawn crystal spikes on kill sometimes, I assume the Jormag variant uses ice though. I'm only using the vanilla Aurene staff atm but it is definitely very flashy.  

Yup! Jormag variant does ice. It's beautiful, and I love it.

9 hours ago, Deadringers.9047 said:

I am immensely salty that the Nevermore and Astralaria footprints are nearly instantly gone, especially since Astralaria's are so beautiful. (unless this changed, and I completely missed it) My Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity footprints last forever, but my shiny special weapons last <1 second. 😭

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Deadringers.9047 said:

I agree, they have always been my favorite legos.    I was pretty disappointed with some of the Gen2.   The Gen3 at least had an option for picking the look you liked the best, but nothing matches the greatswords from Gen1 imo. 

18 hours ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

i have jormag GS variant, its spam effects like crazy, i stopped using it, call too much attention. i sticked to exordium, its looks "legendary" without make entire map know u have one.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416