Why are Activities in "PvE" Section?

That confuses me when they're even under pvp section in the achivments tab, and in them youre always competing against other players, not against bosses or enviroment so its PvP, not PvE, why are they included in PvE dailies "forcing" PvE players to do PvP content if they want to complete their dailies.
(I know no one is forcing anyone to do anything but if you want to complete them all for the day then you have to do it)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I didn't know activities were PvP you don't kill anyone like in PvP. So far I got a race, trying to throw crabs that didn't seem to work and something that kinda looked like football but with a beer keg that had me laughing hysterically the entire time. For the daily you just have to participate not win which is a good thing in the case of the crab throwing one we had to just wait out the timer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Qys.5937 said:

I didn't know activities were PvP you don't kill anyone like in PvP. So far I got a race, trying to throw crabs that didn't seem to work and something that kinda looked like football but with a beer keg that had me laughing hysterically the entire time. For the daily you just have to participate not win which is a good thing in the case of the crab throwing one we had to just wait out the timer. 

Southsun Survival is killing other players and trying to survive. Or everyone can just kill when the no revive part starts and end it right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Southsun Survival is killing other players and trying to survive. Or everyone can just kill when the no revive part starts and end it right away.

When the grace period ends.. I just jump off the highest spot I can find.  Quicker the activity ends, the faster my daily completes.

Same goes for Keg Brawl, except I throw the keg closer to the team that has more points.  First team to 11 wins lol.

Edited by Vegeta.2563
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I get that they want to encourage players into different content, but If you ask me they shouldn't be in dailies.

Most players don't like them and so throw the games to end it as quickly as possible, which only ruins the experience for the players that do want to play, and those players would play whether or not they were a daily (masochists).

• Like 3

Activities are to all intents and purposes pvp. This is the only way to make the skills and items interact differently when targetting a player on your team vs a player on the other team. They should never have been in the pve tab for dailies, but anyone who regards themselves as a pvper would hardly lower themselves to doing an activity instead of playing a match- especially if they could be improving their rank.

• Like 2

Activities can also include the PvE and PvP style festival activities, as well as the in-between race activities. I don't know if they can truly pin it on them being PvP exclusive.

46 minutes ago, suialthor.7164 said:

They have categories for pvp, wvw, and pve.  Why not add a 4th option for Activities?

I wouldn't mind an option for mount races, adventures, festival events, and activities to be an side option for dailies. They tend to be really easy to do, even though some have difficulties with them. There are enough of them in core Tyria, HoT, PoF, EoD, and SoTO to build up a hefty daily list of them.

However, one request that I ask would be to please add a additional token for all of these events. We have currencies for the roller beetle races and festival activities. Somethings grant next to nothing! It is quite discouraging.

• Like 2