Will even people who crafted legendary runes after the relic update get progress toward legendary relic?

Jirb.7213

On 9/16/2023 at 8:28 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Oh? They didn't reduce the material costs of legendary runes ?  They took away the sixth rune "wild card" effect. 

Oh right!  They adjusted the stats on runes so that they would be "equivalent" to that missing "wild card" effect.  They don't look equivalent to me, but that is what Anet believes.

Since Anet is saying that the current adjusted runes are just as powerful as the old version, there will be no materials cost adjustment. 

If you start making legendary runes now, then you can see what the current runes have as stats.  Remember Anet thinks current runes are just as good as the old runes, so there is no need to compensate someone who makes legendary runes after SoTo expansion launched.

Very true they aren't equal the runes and relics are all power crept and extremely powerful

• Confused 1

I have this feeling the "significant progress" means that legedendary runes are tied with legendary relics through an achievement. One crafting material needed for legendary relic is probably going to need at least 6 legendary runes. Seeing how crafting legendary runes now are getting more and more expensive, it's highly possible this will the reason.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, kurogane.9681 said:

I have this feeling the "significant progress" means that legedendary runes are tied with legendary relics through an achievement. One crafting material needed for legendary relic is probably going to need at least 6 legendary runes. Seeing how crafting legendary runes now are getting more and more expensive, it's highly possible this will the reason.

I very much doubt this as runes and relics are functionally separate items. It would be like tying legendary weapon collections to requiring you have 6 pieces of legendary armour.

Players without legendary runes will be able to craft a legendary relic without crafting the runes first. The whole point is supposed to speed up the process for those that do have runes.

I have this feeling that the "significant progress" won't be as significant as some might hope, but progress none the less. Ultimately I expect the material investment will still be high either way, as that is the function of legendary items. They give you quality of life at a high price, which is good for the game economy.

• 3 weeks later...

Necroing this thread a bit, rather than starting a new one with the same topic.

Do we have any update about when they're calculating the so said "compensation"? I was midway to craft several legendary runes (for QoL) and want to know if it's worth ending with that matter in terms of compensation, i.e. that I will be elegible for it when legendary relic kicks in.

This is not about if it's worth or not to craft them in the first place.

Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Knight.6914 said:

Necroing this thread a bit, rather than starting a new one with the same topic.

Do we have any update about when they're calculating the so said "compensation"? I was midway to craft several legendary runes (for QoL) and want to know if it's worth ending with that matter in terms of compensation, i.e. that I will be elegible for it when legendary relic kicks in.

This is not about if it's worth or not to craft them in the first place.

Thank you.

They have been very silent if there is or isnt a cut of date for compensation so buddy noone can answer this.

You me and everyone else will know at release or if lucky a week before update 2 when legendary relic gets into the game.

And thats febuary/march 2024 at the earliest

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It is going to test our patience, since the Legendary Relic won't be available for another four months.

I do hope that there will be some clarification before that, preferably soon.

On the plus side, most relics suck. If they were good, then the lack of a legendary relic would feel like much more of a loss.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

It'll take 30 pouches of stardust, 30 captured lightning, 30 purified kryptis essences, and 30 of the new make bulk currency for the first gift

Second gift is crafted from 7 items gained from crafting 7 legendary runes, 100 mystic runestones, a bloodstone shard, and a gift of craftsmanship.

Third item is a a gift of fortune.

Fourth item is a mystic relic that is gained through a 7 fetch achievements with steep gold costs.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/17/2023 at 10:45 AM, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Can't imagine why they would give the progress to people who made them after the announcement

Probably for the same reason that they cant tell if you have a heroic edition of the game or bought the initial GW2 release:  The game gets weird about what exactly it checks to see if you're eligible for certain things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knight.6914 said:

Do we have any update about when they're calculating the so said "compensation"? I was midway to craft several legendary runes (for QoL) and want to know if it's worth ending with that matter in terms of compensatio

to craft the relic in Guild Wars 2, you'll need to become familiar with ArenaNet's system. In order to gain the ability to craft it, you must complete certain dumb achievements. Those who already possess the required runes won't have to do this, but for everything else, there's still the hurdle of obtaining the standard, often overpriced "Gifts of..."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

to craft the relic in Guild Wars 2, you'll need to become familiar with ArenaNet's system. In order to gain the ability to craft it, you must complete certain dumb achievements. Those who already possess the required runes won't have to do this, but for everything else, there's still the hurdle of obtaining the standard, often overpriced "Gifts of..."

Where are you getting this from just look at the skyscale in SotO even if you have the skyscale already you cant just jump ahead and do the collection for the skyscale skin you have to do the first skyscale raising quest again so I doubt the compensation will be that you will skip doing any achievements mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Barraind.7324 said:

Probably for the same reason that they cant tell if you have a heroic edition of the game or bought the initial GW2 release:  The game gets weird about what exactly it checks to see if you're eligible for certain things. 

As fair a point as any lmao. I guess I meant more of an *intentional* reason, but spaghetti can still happen.

On 9/17/2023 at 1:42 PM, Lucy.3728 said:

That sounds very unfair to those who do them now, if the recipe didn't change. They pay the same, or no, now that all the mats got a lot more expensive they even pay more.

Then nobody should get support for the leg relic. The ones who have had it, benefited from it while they had it.

with that excuse anet can delete everything u own now

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Balsa.3951 said:

with that excuse anet can delete everything u own now

They don't need that excuse.

That they can change, alter, remove, do whatever they want with "your" stuff (that isn't yours, yours is only the playtime you invested) is, and has been, already part of the user agreement. Not just since now.

Edited by Lucy.3728

On 9/16/2023 at 7:22 PM, Jirb.7213 said:

I know people who have crafted legendary runes will be given "significant progress" toward legendary relics once it releases but does that only apply to those who made legendary runes before the relic update or for people who made their legendary runes after it too?

I doubt that ANet can extract from the account database set, when you have crafted the legendary runes. What they can extract is how many legendary runes you have unlocked when they roll out the patch that will give us legendary Relics. Like I have posted a few weeks back I think they will give us parts of a "Gift" for the Relic and the more runes you have, the less you will have to craft to complete the "Gift".
What currently is completely unknown (at least to me) are the following questions:
- will you get "compensation parts to the Gift" after the Relic patch came out? - I think you won't
- will the Relic follow the "core" concept of legendary crafting, involving e.g. Gifts of Fortune, Gifts of Might/Magic? I hope so, because those you will already have prepared on a legendary journey, no matter what you craft ... armour, weapons, sigils or runes
- will the Relic include Symbols/Charms which are currently reserved for Sigils & Runes (e.g in a 50:50 ratio)?
- will the Relic although a core mechanic involve some SotO materials in form of Emotions/Essences of Disrepair etc., which will make those Rifts important to people not going for the OW legendary armour?
- will the way to get the Relic involve completion of a multiple of achievements, including expensive collections (like they featured heavily in the IBS chapters)?

Currently everything is still in a black box and we will have to wait a few months for the patch to arrive.

56 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

They don't need that excuse.

That they can change, alter, remove, do whatever they want with "your" stuff (that isn't yours, yours is only the playtime you invested) is, and has been, already part of the user agreement. Not just since now.

i agree but how many ppl would stay if tomorrow they delete all skins and stuff.

as a player giving anet heads up is important and not just say take my items i had them long enough

• Confused 2