Make Gift of Battle avaliable in PvE

8 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Anet could make a little GoB track that you can progress with AA in PvE. 20 installments of 1000AA  and once all 20k is spent you get the GoB, nothing else, only the GoB.

Or they could add GoB to the WV shop for 1301 AA.

Or, you can simply go and do WvW, as it is intended.

2 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

That was my point - people don't need to do any dungeons any more.

Maybe that was one of the primary intentions behind the starter pack.

After all, they want players to spend as little time with dungeons as possible.

• Like 4

Gift is like the easiest thing to acquire on the legendary crafting compared to crap like hearts and the whole world exploration. If i would get rid of something from legendary crafting its the doing all those mind numbingly boring hearts those things are the reason why it took me almost 10 years to actually get my first legendary done.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

20k AA for a GoB would be the definition of "I don't care how long it takes, just make it PvE"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

20k AA for a GoB would be the definition of "I don't care how long it takes, just make it PvE"

The point is, that it should not become available from PvE.

You want your Legendary? Go and get the Gift from WvW.

You don't want to do that? Go on without the Legendary.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

As a pve player who don’t enjoy WvW I don’t agree with op. Sure it’s a pain to get gift of battle sometimes, but it’s for a legendary and it should take effort to gain. It works fine the way it does now. You need to figure out if the effort is worth it for you.

As for gift of exploration, it really depends. I zoom through that way faster then the time it takes for me to get gift of battle (at least it feels that way) It also helps a lot to use Taco. I’ll attach an example of someone finishing map completion in less than 7 hours. Now this does not work for the average player, but it shows it’s possible to do way faster then many players think.

It all boils down to your interest in a game mode. For all I know it may take less time for me to get gift of battle then gift of exploration, but since I have fun while doing map completion time feels differently. While doing WvW it sometimes feels like when you sit at a waiting room at a dentist and one minute feels like 15 minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

The best solution would be to add a PvE-only legendary weapon set that does not require GoB at all. With this they could keep everyone happy. The people who would like to see other options to get the GoB ... don't need this anymore. They can just get another legendary weapon from another set. And the people that want WvW to exclusively have the GoB (not even wanting it to be allowed to be obtained with PvP) can be happy as well. Still exclusive to WvW and if someone wants those skins they would need to do WvW.

The other weapons would just be different skins. Since they seem to make a lot of stuff easier to obtain ... it would not be weird to see changes in that direction. For the people that did not want raiding there was already the option to do WvW or PvP for the legendary armor. Now you can get it completely with open world. (Which means: They recognized the fear of WvW by not replacing it with raids. They could do the same for weapons - a set where they recognize the fear of WvW - or people just being bored there - making a different way to obtain the weapon that does not require it ... while also not enforcing raids. Just pure open world stuff. Might be a thing for the next expansion.)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The best solution would be to add a PvE-only legendary weapon set that does not require GoB at all. With this they could keep everyone happy.

There are. Two of them to be honest. Gen 1 and Gen 3. You can buy them off tp. Getting gold from any game mode you want. The diffrence in price one can explain as fee for GoB or other gifts.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

At this rate, apart from the AA, they seem to want people playing as little of the game as possible. Map exploration and a few hours in WvW.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Connla Dda.9407 said:

It will be much halthier for wvw nad pve player population.

5 Gifts od Battle to 1 Gift of Exploration

1 Gift of Exploration to 5 Gifts of Battle

Please make vendor im wvw spawn and any major city im pve.

Exactly how will it be healthier for those two, diverse game modes?  If you want your suggestion to be taken seriously, then you'll need to provide more explanation.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The best solution would be to add a PvE-only legendary weapon set that does not require GoB at all. With this they could keep everyone happy. The people who would like to see other options to get the GoB ... don't need this anymore. They can just get another legendary weapon from another set. And the people that want WvW to exclusively have the GoB (not even wanting it to be allowed to be obtained with PvP) can be happy as well. Still exclusive to WvW and if someone wants those skins they would need to do WvW.

Sorry but that’s a terrible idea. There is absolutely no reason to change anything about the GoB or to make PvE-only legendary weapons. This would be a waste of time and resources.
 If you want a legendary weapon, do what is required just like everyone else or buy it from the TP. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Why, then, call it legendary?

Why not? I mean ... ther eis other stuff that is callled legendary that does not need all 3 game modes. In fact most or all other stuff other than weapons. (Where you can only do 1 game mode.)

What Biziut said is thing to be aware of though. Almost forgot about it. In generally you could sell mats you would gain through PvE and PvP. Then buy the whole weapon from the TP for certain genrations (farm the extra cost that is in the price - that probably is there to take into account the GoB).

Only issue is: You might get some clovers and stuff (from elsewhere) that you can't sell directly. You also have to farm their worth in gold that is included in the finished price. Maybe changing the recipe for the gift that requires GoB - for the generations that can fully be bought at the TP - to also get a secondary recipe that uses ... instaed of a  GoB ... some other farm stuff from PvE. (Even more clovers maybe. :D)

Exploration thing they changed nicely in the later expansoins. With the latest ones even allowing to get more than 1 gift with the same char. (Lanterns and stuff. For repeatable achievements.) For the core I have 9 chars - aiming to move all 9 (one for each profession) through full map completion. Should almost be enough. (I think there are 19 - 16 + 3 underwater as well in the oldest gen? - Should mean I will eventuell have 18 in the future. Not aiming to get all skins though. And mixing the generations. So this is enough. Buying from TP there is acceptable I think. Since there are the other gens that offer faster options regarding mapcompletions.)

Edit: @vares.8457It is not a terrible idea. And just because you don't like it does not mean you need to be agains others getting different options. Also the post assumes that I would not be willing to do certain stuff when in fact I have a Bolt from the old way. Doing WvW without problems. (I just cap a camp every 10 minutes and do other stuff while waiting for the reward track.) I just think things can be improved for others. Now that they are doing it even for the armor ... when armor is actually more important than the weapon. Odd to have the weapons with strictest requirements. (Must be for historical reasons since they were the first legendary items.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4