Nerfs and more Nerfs

Penor.4651

The weakening of confusion didn't make sense! It was a nerf that came along with other heavy nerfs to the class, especially for Mirage, completely ruining Condition builds (except for Virtuoso, which doesn't rely on confusion). I feel like ArenaNet is ruining the PvE player experience (Raid, Fractal, Strike) to address imbalances in WvW and PvP. This must be the fifth update where Mirage has been nerfed (and the alac build is already unusable because it has terrible damage compared to other alac builds).

• Thanks 5

Yeah I'm very sad about the confusion nerf. Was trying to make a confusion focused condi build for funsies and maybe for strikes and raids but it just can't keep up with the iterations I've tried (mirage and condi chrono). I am le sad 
Maybe it'll get buffed??? Or they'll scrap all confusion and make it Torment since Anet seems to love Torment over anything else

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stavros.8249 said:

I also dont get why Damage on skill activation is lower than Damage over time for confusion. It should be 0.06*condition damage plus 0.03*condition damage on skill activation like torment formula

The point is to even out the damage condition builds do all across the board. With low DOT but high activation damage the condition is much worse than any other condition on anything other than an enemy that attacks fast.

The point of their change was to make the condition good in all situations even against lower attack speed enemies without making it do 100k DPS to high attack speed bosses.

Whether the numbers they chose meet that goal I don't know. I've never been able to calculate it myself.

Edited by Roadkizzle.2157
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@phokus.8934you abuse it on your condition build? why your crying about me being right. or you using all those signets to invul frame yourself whole fight so you dont notice how op it is. casting while you do it...name me class that can be 100% invul still use the burst you cant counter play to? evade isnt 100% invul because you can get pulled out it with pull skill or wall ability fear circle. with distortion you can walk threw. your 100% invul. 

Edited by gimmick.1845
  • Confused 6

On 9/21/2023 at 9:37 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

The point is to even out the damage condition builds do all across the board. With low DOT but high activation damage the condition is much worse than any other condition on anything other than an enemy that attacks fast.

The point of their change was to make the condition good in all situations even against lower attack speed enemies without making it do 100k DPS to high attack speed bosses.

Whether the numbers they chose meet that goal I don't know. I've never been able to calculate it myself.

Clearly, they are not suitable. Just access Snowcrown and check if there's still any recommended confusion-based build available. They nerfed the mesmer skills that were used in condition builds at the same time they nerfed confusion. And the result is predictable.

On 9/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, gimmick.1845 said:

mesmer (mirage) needs the dagger nerfted, and invul distoration casting they can do with sigenet trait. only invul left in the game that allows players to cast bunch skills or other actions while invul

If your concern is PvP, make it clear that YOU don't enjoy playing against something in PvP. We are discussing here the impact of nerfs designed for PvP on PvE.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

As far as I know, confusion have different duration and damage formulas in PvE and competitive modes.

Yes, confusion does have different parameters between PvE and PvP ("competitive mode"), as do all conditions. However, what has been happening is nerfs in ALL modes (PvP, WvW, Open World) due to issues in PvP or WvW. Just access the latest major balance update and see for yourself; most of the changes (nerfs) to mesmer or confusion (which almost exclusively affects mesmers) were applied to all modes, which made several Raid, Fractal, and other builds unviable.

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

As far as I know, confusion have different duration and damage formulas in PvE and competitive modes.

An example of this was the last "buff" that ArenaNet made to Mirage. They removed the ability to evade during CC in exchange for Mirage having a full endurance bar again. This decision sounds very good to me for balancing PvP, but what did it do to PvE?
In PvE, the following happened: They simply took away the ability to dodge during CC in exchange for nothing! Would it have been so difficult to make an update that said, "Now Mirage can no longer evade during CC in PvP and WvW, but regains a full endurance bar in these modes"?
Mirage already had a full endurance bar in PvE, and after the update to address an issue in PvP and WvW, it simply lost the ability to evade during CC, which was one of the central features of the specialization. Why?!
And I'm mentioning an older balance update; the more recent ones bring the same problem!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 9/23/2023 at 7:48 AM, gimmick.1845 said:

@phokus.8934you abuse it on your condition build? why your crying about me being right. or you using all those signets to invul frame yourself whole fight so you dont notice how op it is. casting while you do it...name me class that can be 100% invul still use the burst you cant counter play to? evade isnt 100% invul because you can get pulled out it with pull skill or wall ability fear circle. with distortion you can walk threw. your 100% invul. 

There are many builds out there that are simply abusing stuff, so finally, Mesmer has something that can be on par no it does not warrant a nerf. So sPvP in itself is kinda dumb thats why it is a dying game mode, it should not be a reason for balance because people win trade anyways. However in WvW there are many counters to this dagger mirage it doesnt do enough damage against classes that have sustain that are playing celestial builds which is 90% wvw right now. EVEN commanders are using celestial food buffs roaming. 

mesmer does need more nerfs to the invul frames and the dagger his muilty hit so if 3 your clones using amush skills from 1200 range...with invul from mirage dodge +choas+inspiration is busted. especially when they are able to cast skills on your while being invul and cant counter play vs it. theres no other invul that can allow you to que multiple skills while invul. distoration acessability needs get nerf and dagger/sword ambush

Edited by gimmick.1845
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, gimmick.1845 said:

mesmer does need more nerfs to the invul frames and the dagger his muilty hit so if 3 your clones using amush skills from 1200 range...with invul from mirage dodge +choas+inspiration is busted. especially when they are able to cast skills on your while being invul and cant counter play vs it. theres no other invul that can allow you to que multiple skills while invul. distoration acessability needs get nerf and dagger/sword ambush

You do realize that all those hits, that multi hit on ambush from the mesmer and three clones at 1200 range, can be completely ignored if you just double tap any direction.

I get that it's strong, and it WILL get nerfed, but it's not as amazing as you think it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People coping/malding on Mesmer invul.   L2p.   Nice as I can put it.   Tbh, I don’t feel it needs nerfed…. Compared to some other specs that get the same duration in invul plus boon spam with prot/aegis/resolution plus better mobility than Mesmer.   When those get nerfed maybe just maybe it might be a lot, but not until then.

Edited by dead.7638
  • Thanks 2

I love my staff/staff condi mirage so much. The playstyle, the smoothness, rotation, animations... but these nerfs are troublesome big time.
I hope ANet gives it a buff -- as right now it seems Virtuoso is outshining it greatly in absolutely everything.
I won't be switching to Virtuoso as I loathe the floating daggers, but Mirage really -really- needs some love.

• Like 2

Mirage staff is kittened in competitive because of pve.   The alac should be removed and nerfs to staff reverted back to its original state.   It used to be good before the alac was added is all I’m saying.  The alac was like a second life for it that wasn’t needed and created a whole mess anyways.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1