The timing of updates

Hachimaro.6234

Apparently the code of GW2 is such a tangled mess that it's impossible to drop an update without changing the daily objectives >_>

Because WvW dailies were a buggy mess two days in a row (and there was no sign they were going to be fixed in the foreseeable future), I selected PvE as my preference for the first time. Of course I was punished immediately by getting Vexa's Lab which is about as fun as any other mini-dungeon (read: not at all), but hey, I could always do it in the evening with my boyfriend, so it wasn't going to be that bad. Then the patch dropped, Vexa's Lab was removed, and I got The Long Way Around instead, the gaming equivalent of licking a cactus.

I not only lost the opportunity to get 10 AA, but now I have only a few hours to do that awful, awful objective.

Right now we have the daily reset, the weekly reset, the weekly WvW matchup reset, and the new build time, which all happen at different times. Why not combine the new build with the weekly reset so situations like this won't occur?

Also, for the record: if you wanna say "StOp WhInInG, yOu CaN dO oThEr ObJeCtIvEs," just quote this part of my message and move along, your input is as valuable as a stack of Hatched Chilis.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Do you been another cookie again 

Say what? :classic_blink:

36 minutes ago, Hachimaro.6234 said:

Then the patch dropped, Vexa's Lab was removed, and I got The Long Way Around instead, the gaming equivalent of licking a cactus.

Quite harsh there. 😄 At least on EU servers, there are always people helping you pass the barrier without having to do the actual mini-dungeon.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cernoch.8524 said:

I dont understand why it changes with each update either, it did not happen with old dailies right?

It did not. The only exception was when a revamp of the system happened. However, now we're getting new dailies whenever there's a patch.

17 minutes ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

Do you been another cookie again 

If you're asking if I'm not a blind apologist of SotO, then you're correct, I'm not.

• Confused 2

Also, bonus points for resetting weekly rift hunting.

I honestly have no idea how much time I have to complete objectives in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if WvW weekly and FotM weekly were reset someday.

That's my main gripe with GW2 lately: I have no idea how much time I have to complete a "weekly" or "daily" objective. It can be changed or removed anytime.

It's been years since I've been so frustrated with the game.

Edited by Hachimaro.6234
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Hachimaro.6234 said:

Also, for the record: if you wanna say "StOp WhInInG, yOu CaN dO oThEr ObJeCtIvEs," just quote this part of my message and move along, your input is as valuable as a stack of Hatched Chilis.

That's not how a public forum works.

It's only 10 wizard bucks you're complaining about?  Wow.

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

You can easily skip all of Long Way Round. Every time it comes up as a daily there are people waiting by the barrier on turtles to taxi you into the final area.

Sorry, I should have been clearer: skippable solo. Yes, there are usually people portalling/turtling players to the end when it's a daily, but you can hit the wrong map at the wrong time and there's no-one. Vexa's Lab is skippable just using mounts in the right place.

Technically almost everything is skippable if you count other players helping you.

Edited by Manpag.6421
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 8:27 PM, Hachimaro.6234 said:

I not only lost the opportunity to get 10 AA, but now I have only a few hours to do that awful, awful objective.

I really, really wanted to say "StOp WhInInG, yOu CaN dO oThEr ObJeCtIvEs". But I'm not going to. Instead I'll say this:

In the grand scheme of things, considering the items for sale in the Wizard's Vault stay there for 3 months, 10 AA is like a drop of water in an ocean. It won't make any difference, except in your mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I agree with the OP.

Not on the specific dailies and weeklies it changed to, but on the fact it actually happens.

When weeklies reset, you know what tasks can be done to complete it. It should not be that one has to Rush the tasks cause tuesday patchday might remove the task AND the progress just cause.

Pre patch I was 4/6 completed, after patch 3/6 Not happy about that.