Black lion stolen goods reward is poorly designed

note tobi.7146

A post to express how frustrated i am about the Black Lion event. To obtain the weekly reward, we had to complete the quests before the end of the week. Why not keep the previous 2 weeks active until the end of the event ?

I managed to get the reward for the first week but not for the second, simply because i forgot. And the letter announcing the event doesn't help. On the main chat, I see many people who have also forgotten. You added an overlay for the Fractal Rush (which, by the way, was really bad this time, sorry but this is true), but not for this event. Why didn't you include it? At least we wouldn't have forgotten. Just ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Learn to take responsibility for your priorities. Use a clock or calendar app to remind yourself of things that are important to you. It's a basic life skill that has existed long before computers but is now super easy with them. For this particular event, I just have the achievement watchlisted in-game. I see it every time I log in and that's good enough for me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Leablo.2651 said:

Learn to take responsibility for your priorities. Use a clock or calendar app to remind yourself of things that are important to you. It's a basic life skill that has existed long before computers but is now super easy with them. For this particular event, I just have the achievement watchlisted in-game. I see it every time I log in and that's good enough for me.

Exactly and that is why the watch list exists ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I can only say the same thing people complained about similar "weekly" event last time it was up: add the main achievement to the watchlist and it should be enough to remind you to complete it. If it's not, you can always set a reminder in your phone or w/e. For me, watchlist does the job.

Edited by Sobx.1758

52 minutes ago, leila.7962 said:

So, am I missing something or you are blaming Anet for you forgetting to do the event?

From the latest studio update: 

As a reminder, bonus event information is displayed in the in-game UI on the right-hand side of your screen, so you’ll always know when one is running.

Remind me again what category the black lion stolen goods achievement is listed in the achievement panel? 

• Confused 5

3 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Exactly and that is why the watch list exists ❤️

You know that Wizard's Vault will hide Watch list until everything have been unticked or done in WV first? Watch list isn't a solution to everything when there is so many achievements that can be put on that list (and it have a limited space for what you can directly see during game play without having to open Hero Panel to see the complete Watch list).

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I agree the OP has no one to blame but themselves but jeez y'all, no reason to pile on ; p

Have a little basic compassion for your fellows. It is odd that the fractal rush, with its poor rewards, was pinned to the UI while the BL event with much better rewards was not. Allowing us to track wizard's vault goals and achievements simultaneously would also be a welcome change that could have helped at least some players in this circumstance . . .

• Like 6