Wizards vault. Spend or not spend Astral acclaime points.

Tom.6478

I'm not talking about points ready to go, but points that you have but have no room to move to your total that has only 1300 max.

Will not doing so and saving it for later limit the category's where you can go for more. 

This probably applies to the "Special" more than the others. As of now, I have 4 categories maxed out. I have 3 others I can work on, but there are 5 others that remain greyed out. I'm guessing I need to cash out the ones I have completed to get access to the ones greyed out. 

I would do it, but there is not much I can buy right now that I want. I have already bought all the revive orbs, mystic coins and most of the bags of gold. This is all fine and worth the effort, but I wonder if at some time they will offer something more expensive and more worthwhile.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. It's how and when is the best course of action when it comes to spending and/or saving points. 

What is everyone else doing. Spending them when you get them ( even on things you don't want or need ), or trying to save them for what yet might to come.

Edited by Tom.6478
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Im pretty sure the „later“ section of the WV is gonna contain every thing that was available this season, but you didnt buy and will be more expensive when they are still offered there.

Pretty sure not everything will be available in the legacy tab, but only the cosmetic items that otherwise players wouldn't be able to get after new ones roll in.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

- Mystic Coins (so you might turn them into Clovers later)
- Discount Gold bags
- T6 Materials
- Laurels (so you might turn them into T6 bags later)
- Mastery Potions (and selling them for 1 g to the vendor)
- Mystic Clovers (for every Legendary crafting up ahead)
That should probably the first stuff to get.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom.6478 said:

This probably applies to the "Special" more than the others. As of now, I have 4 categories maxed out. I have 3 others I can work on, but there are 5 others that remain greyed out. I'm guessing I need to cash out the ones I have completed to get access to the ones greyed out.

They only reason they should be greyed out is if you've completed them and collected the reward by clicking on the chest - that means they're completely finished.

Also you cannot save extra AA beyond the 1,300 limit by not collecting it. If you don't collect the reward for a daily or weekly before the reset you lose it, I assume the same will happen to the special category - when the timer runs out and it resets any uncollected AA will be lost.

So if you're at the cap and have more to collect the best thing to do is find something to buy to use some up, so you can collect the rest. If you don't want any of the other limited rewards you can get 1 gold for 30AA or a large crafting bag for 40AA, both of those are unlimited. It might not be a good choice, but if you've already earned more AA than you can hold and you're going to lose it if you don't collect it you may as well get something.

• Like 2

If you are limited on time I would get the skins and the emote first unless you plan on map completing Tyria again. The legendary kit is a trap if you are a newer player or a veteran player with legendaries in the box already. The same goes for the 1000 AA just to increase gold drops by 1%, unless you play a massive amount of hours that 900 or more gold is obtained in a month from gold drops you are better off getting the 1 gold for 6 AA or mystic coins for 9 AA.

That means 

• 1000 AA for Enchanted Griffon skin , requires SotO
  • 250 AA for Bless emote
  • 1125 AA (375 AA each) for Sanctified Boot, Gloves, Shoulder Skins , requires SotO
  • 2400 AA (16 of 150AA each) Sanctified weapon skins , requires SotO

Extras

• 850 AA (two of 425 AA) Build templates if you need them
  • 35 AA per upgrade extractor if you need them
  • 10 AA for Laurels if you need them, up to 150 of them

Check the wiki for the full list: Astral Acclaim - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Edited by Infusion.7149

For me it was something like:
1. cosmetics
2. 6aa gold
3. legendary starter kit
4. MC
5. Laurels
6. T6 mats
7. Mastery coffers (sold to vendors for gold)
8. didn't care about build expansions, but since they added even more specials, I got those too because whatever 

Might go for clovers, but I don't really need them now. The rest is going towards 30aa/gold, I don't think anything else is worth it for me, including the 1% account gold find.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure why people keep having trouble with this. It's pretty clear just in the responses here that folks have different ideas about what rewards to get from the Vault. That's a good thing as the ability to choose our own rewards is one of the best things about the Vault. For example, I didn't like the cosmetics and have no need of the legendary starter kit, so I didn't bother with those, though other posters here started with them. What I found worked best for me was a very simple strategy - look over everything available, decide what I want, get those items, and when I had everything I wanted, I simply shifted to buying the endless gold bags.

I know a number of folks who have been spending their AA on items they don't like, don't particularly want and sometimes can't even use, because they didn't know what else to do with their AA. So let me say this again: When you have all the specific items you want from the Vault, then spend your AA on the endless gold bags.

If you are concerned that something may be added to the Vault down the line that will make you wish you had saved your AA, remember that getting AA is not that hard and doesn't take that long. If that doesn't ease your concern, then only buy enough of those endless gold bags to keep your AA below the cap. 300 AA will get you 10 gold. So a simple strategy for saving your AA while staying under the cap is to buy 300 AA's worth of endless gold bags every time you hit the 1300 AA cap. That way you will always have 1000 AA on hand in case Anet  suddenly puts something in the Vault that you absolutely have to have asap. 

TL/DR It really is that simple folks. It's not rocket science. Decide the specific items you want. Get those and spend the rest of your AA on the endless gold bags. If you want to keep some AA on hand, do so by spending enough AA on the endless gold bags to keep you under the cap while saving the rest.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

legendary starter kit is too good to ignore.. just ge tthat one.. then mystic coins and clovers.. the rest.. not so important

Laurel is still the only thing you can get from Wizard's Vault and necessary if you want to buy some recipes from crafting vendors or when you want to fast get Infusions that fit with your game mode. Having at least a few Laurel in case you would need them later is always good.

There is really no need to plan that much ahead for what you want to purchase in WV. Buy the expensive (1000 AA) first and then turn to items with less cost. Getting Gold might seem to be high priority for some, but mats or currency which can not be obtained in other ways is more important. Then the rest can be used for Gold.

They've added new special tasks a few times and updated both the list of dailies and how they work, if they were going to add new rewards this cycle I think they would have done it at the same time they made those changes. Since they haven't I suspect the first time we'll get new rewads to buy is when we go onto the next cycle in 37 days.

For what it's worth my approach to spending AA is to mentally split the rewards into 4 categories, then work my way down the list.
1) Things I definitely want.
2) Things which are useful or nice to have.
3) Things which might be useful or are easy to store.
4) Things I don't want at all.
*) Infinite items.

I prioritised getting the things I definitely wanted, then I was going to save up AA and only spend it when I hit the cap (or close enough that I couldn't collect more) but I realised I'd definitely hit the cap several times over so I just started buying useful or nice to have things. Now I'm running out of those as well I'm going to save up until I hit the cap and get 'might be useful, or at least easy to store' things when I reach the cap or close enough that I can't pick up new AA I've earned. I'm also not going to go out of my way to complete dailies and weeklies because it's not as worthwhile at this point.

Importantly this is a personal list based on my own priorities. For example obsidian is in 'things I don't want at all' even though I know for other people it's a must-have item. I have 707 of them and get more most days from the guild hall nodes and I'm not expecting to use it any time soon. On the other hand I did buy the revive orbs, because I use them sometimes (I like to try to climb the scenery and break out of the map, which means I often end up dead in places I don't expect to see anyone else and where waypointing out would be annoying.)

• Like 2