Bladeswornβ€‹πŸ‘ Still πŸ‘ Immune πŸ‘ To πŸ‘ Projectiles πŸ‘

bethekey.8314

10 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Sorry cant hear you over the sound of my mitigation getting yoinked like charlie brown's football

What is Aegis if not mitigation lol

Looking at the numbers on combat stimulant, it just looks more like a normal heal now...except it has 2 charges so it's twice as good. Does Tactical Reload refresh it too?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bethekey.8314 said:

What is Aegis if not mitigation lol

Looking at the numbers on combat stimulant, it just looks more like a normal heal now...except it has 2 charges so it's twice as good. Does Tactical Reload refresh it too?

You misunderstand. I am too distraught over berserker rebalancing to care about shield master still turning bladesworn into a walking mirror.Β 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

To say that the visceral love many of us have for Berserker is not equally shared with Bladesworn would be an understatement.

Bladesworn is a fan fiction in form of a Elite Spec. Literally.Β 

Just imagine the time line where Anet gave a kitten. Must be nice.Β 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

On one hand, I don't like it when people wish the death of the class I'm playing.Β 

On the other hand, it's Bladesworn. So I don't care.Β 

I really don't wish the death of any class lol. Asking for Bladesworn to have even a single, clear weakness and to allow projectile classes to play the game is extremely reasonable imo.

Let me see if I'm getting this correct. On Bladesworn I can reflect or avoid every projectile that comes my way using:

- Gunstinger, 3 sec Aegis, 15 sec cd, 2 ammo

- Triggerguard, 2 sec Aegis, 40 sec cd, 2 ammo

- Cyclone Trigger, 3 sec Aegis, 20 sec cd, 2 ammo

In theory then, Bladesworn can chain 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 16 seconds of projectile reflect. Then Tactical Reload adds 1 ammo, so 16 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 24 seconds of reflect. I imagine the cds are still ticking, so add another Gunstinger and Cyclone Trigger. 24 seconds of reflect + 3 + 3 = 30 seconds.

30 seconds of continuous projectile reflect, at least. Holy kitten. How this was ever allowed is beyond me and it's been going on for months. This isn't even considering dodges, stuns you apply etc. that can be rotated in.

Yes, it assumes that a non-projectile hit doesn't disrupt the chain, which is unlikely. However, it's not 1 long duration Aegis, it's 11 separate applications in 30 seconds. Aegis can easily be reapplied.

1 hour ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

I think I'd be fine with Aegis reflecting 1 projectile before being broken but this perma reflect is pretty degen.

Yeah sure, but I suspect Anet would struggle to implement it that way.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I really don't wish the death of any class lol. Asking for Bladesworn to have even a single, clear weakness and to allow projectile classes to play the game is extremely reasonable imo.

Let me see if I'm getting this correct. On Bladesworn I can reflect or avoid every projectile that comes my way using:

In theory then, Bladesworn can chain 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 16 seconds of projectile reflect. Then Tactical Reload adds 1 ammo, so 16 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 24 seconds of reflect. I imagine the cds are still ticking, so add another Gunstinger and Cyclone Trigger. 24 seconds of reflect + 3 + 3 = 30 seconds.

30 seconds of continuous projectile reflect, at least. Holy kitten. How this was ever allowed is beyond me and it's been going on for months. This isn't even considering dodges, stuns you apply etc. that can be rotated in.

Yes, it assumes that a non-projectile hit doesn't disrupt the chain, which is unlikely. However, it's not 1 long duration Aegis, it's 11 separate applications in 30 seconds. Aegis can easily be reapplied.

Anet struggles to implement warrior spec that doesn't do the same kitten as core for 8 years, you kind of expect too much here. Without the "OP" bandaids (I'm using quotes cause 80% of the professions do not give a kitten about projectile block/reflect ) it is kinda useless for PVP PVE spec(with kitten flow even for PVE, like it has broken gears and you have to stop and press a button that does kitten all to get a damage buff). By design its heavy damage burst spec, but in pvp it is locked to kitten damage and from release till now it is the only spec that didn't get to 'oneshot' people. If someone can explain how a spec with main mechanic of sitting still for x seconds and then do damage with big as telegraph can function at all without gimmicks, that would be cool. But as long as the core of the mechanics is this bad it will always have some gimmick to cover the clunk.Β 
Also tough luck , it is a expansion poster boy seller spec, it is explosion Samurai theme, the weeb kitten beats all the lame looking projectile classes, sorry pew pew guys your builds don't have cool factor to be relevant.Β Β 

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

If someone can explain how a spec with main mechanic of sitting still for x seconds and then do damage with big as telegraph can function at all without gimmicks, that would be cool. But as long as the core of the mechanics is this bad it will always have some gimmick to cover the clunk.Β 

So why does Bladesworn get to be the top tier of meta and Mechanist not? If both are poor PvP design, why does Bladesworn get crazy defense, mobility, sustain, and big numbers while Mechanist gets a neutered Ranger pet? Mechanist is also a poster boy of the expansion.

And sitting still for X seconds while charging up more damage has almost 0 downsides right now. Between Aegis (for non-projectiles), Aegis for perma reflect, stability, the teleports, the threat of unblockable AoE 5k+ stun at any moment, hardly anyone is focusing the warrior in this supposed "vulnerable state". They're running away or focused on dodging with ping.

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

tough luck

Saying things like this is a quick way to lose any sympathy when it comes to your own class calling for buffs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Anet struggles to implement warrior spec that doesn't do the same kitten as core for 8 years, you kind of expect too much here.

I genuinely don't understand why, when they made such significant changes to zerk, their decision was to give it parity with spb and bladesworn sustain (via damage immunities, mostly) in order to make another sidenoder, instead of actually allowing warrior to teamfight or whatever.

Zerk wasn't good but like, lemme light everyone on fire while I yell like an insane angry man, don't make me afk on a node while I ignore half the things my opponent does.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I'll say that thereΒ isΒ a clear weakness, but you won't like the answer. Non-projectile ranged attacks and unblockables... I know, I know Engi and Ranger have few of those.Β 

But @Vancho.8750Β is right that without the OP bandaids the clunky AF main mechanicΒ gimmick can't even function. The spec sorely needs a redesign. It was plainly obvious at the beta and was soundly pointed out in our feedback, but here we are and it still relies on unhealthy gameplay in order for CMC's very bad fan fic spec to even function.

If they allowed movement and dodging while in Dragon Trigger, then there would be far less need for the aegis and barrier spam. That and to pre charge bullets.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If they allowed movement and dodging while in Dragon Trigger, then there would be far less need for the aegis and barrier spam. That and to pre charge bullets.

I believe weebslash class is balanceable. Mockable, sure, but also balanceable.Β  But it's going to take much more than going "what if it stands still" to "oh right, projectiles.Β  How abouttttttt no?"Β Β 

CmC if you're reading this, consider small defiance bars for the dragon trigger, so there's room for projectile play (by poking gaps in the aegis uptime). (Defiance bars because stab can linger through the dragon slash and we prob don't want that on every slash)

Otherwise, every engie is going to continue to be mad at warriors, because the other variants stun them and this one disables like 80% of their kit AND stuns them.Β 

I mean, or you could adjust shield master and make berserker worse again. That's prob what's gonna happen.Β 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261