GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

6 hours ago, Spaced.6751 said:

When will we see new outfits in the Gem Store? I've only been playing a couple weeks but the current outfits for sale are horrendous compared to the unavailable ones I can preview.

😆

Get used to it.

It's their stock rotation method.

I've been requesting for years, for every outfit and armour skin to be available at any given time, to no avail.

There are many people even saying that sometimes they have to wait months, even years, for their outfit to become available, which was the case of the outlaw outfit, which I finally got it after a 3 year wait. 😆 

Only came out once, that I've seen, within that period, but I never got the time to get it, and slipped through my fingers, up until recently, and I finally got it.

You'd think that... being one of the main sources of income, besides xpacs, that the Gem store would have every item available for purchase at any given time.

Boggles the mind.

Players want what they want.

If they want a certain outfit, they're not going to buy something else out of impulse, just cause...

It makes no sense to me.

But hey... apparently, it's working.

Apparently....

It's just a huge inconvenience for the rest of us.

It's seems more like, some costume designers trying too hard to sell their product to justify  having their job and hang on to that working position, I guess. 

The outlaw outfit was probably designed by someone who's no longer in the company, so it doesn't matter if it sells or not.

One hand washes the other.

Meanwhile, you're probably waiting another year for your favourite outfit, weapon, or mount skin.

It's not like they're dumb.

ANet is well aware that aesthetics matter a lot these days in the videogame world.

The game is not called Fashion Wars just for no reason.

But it seems like the financial team are the only ones still oblivious to this little fact, or they simply just don't care.

Anyways... 

It's one of them. Shrug and ponder just for a second, then move on.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Oneiroid.9245 said:

i would pay eighty million dollars for a tank top skin for real

It seems like ANet are still among the very few game dev companies that have issues with copyright material, and does not allow mods to or from, for some reason.

I think visual mods support would do wonders for guild wars 2, and 1.

Look how massive UT2004 was, and still going after so many years. People still buy the latest U5... and play both. 

Same with GTA. 

There are tons of people still playing and making mods for these, but also play other titles in the series.

Look at Fortnite.

It's massive.

You can find skins for just about any other videogame characters. 

Their library is never ending.

Even Capcom has given in on the mod department, and allows street fighter, Resi, and other titles to be modded.

You can play as just about anything you want in SF5 and 6.

But then, we, here, got tons of crappy skins, which are just unnecessary clutter, and no mod support.

FF has mouth opening skins, for armor and weapons.

But we, the GW players (family) are not allowed nice things.

Every medium armour piece is almost the same as the next. 90% having butt capes for some reason... and no possibility if combining them with other weights, because sod you.

Too much work apparently. 

Since outfits, weapons, etc, are in stock rotation, and it seems like skins are not of big concern, then add mod support.

Let us add our own... even if at a initial cost.

Say... put an item in GS that costs like 2,000 💎  gems...

Or something that allows us to use mod skins for purchased skins.

Other players can see it, and might motivate them to also buy that item.

So people would still end up buying skins they wouldn't otherwise buy, just because they can mod them. 

Simples.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 2

On 7/16/2024 at 3:54 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

😆

Get used to it.

It's their stock rotation method.

I've been requesting for years, for every outfit and armour skin to be available at any given time, to no avail.

There are many people even saying that sometimes they have to wait months, even years, for their outfit to become available, which was the case of the outlaw outfit, which I finally got it after a 3 year wait. 😆 

Only came out once, that I've seen, within that period, but I never got the time to get it, and slipped through my fingers, up until recently, and I finally got it.

You'd think that... being one of the main sources of income, besides xpacs, that the Gem store would have every item available for purchase at any given time.

Boggles the mind.

Players want what they want.

If they want a certain outfit, they're not going to buy something else out of impulse, just cause...

It makes no sense to me.

But hey... apparently, it's working.

Apparently....

It's just a huge inconvenience for the rest of us.

It's seems more like, some costume designers trying too hard to sell their product to justify  having their job and hang on to that working position, I guess. 

The outlaw outfit was probably designed by someone who's no longer in the company, so it doesn't matter if it sells or not.

One hand washes the other.

Meanwhile, you're probably waiting another year for your favourite outfit, weapon, or mount skin.

It's not like they're dumb.

ANet is well aware that aesthetics matter a lot these days in the videogame world.

The game is not called Fashion Wars just for no reason.

But it seems like the financial team are the only ones still oblivious to this little fact, or they simply just don't care.

Anyways... 

It's one of them. Shrug and ponder just for a second, then move on.

Man... That really stinks. I would be spending so much more money if there were more outfits available. There's at least 5 that I think are cool and would insta-purchase. Such an obscure marketing team for GW2. Fashion has a pretty major factor in how often I play a game, if my character looks awesome, I will want to log in and play more, buy more DLC to see my fashionable character in the story sequences. It is what it is I guess, plenty of other games for me to dump my money into for cosmetics in the meantime.

On 6/28/2024 at 11:16 PM, keyokku.5412 said:

edit: a real request

Is there an Infinite Transmutation Stone?

i and probably many others would pay big money for this so we can change designs constantly/anytime and use on many alts

transmutation charges are so easy to obtain though. i'm literally sitting on over 3,000 charges and i change my armor fairly often. 

• Sad 1

I recently reran the core story and noticed the hats on the orrian nobles during the mission: ossuary of the unquiet dead. They have a flared top and the reminded me of this model (sorry for the warhammer jumpscare). This has caused me to realize there is a distinct lack of "tall helm" and flared top styles in the armour selection. I mean, that model would make the perfect tempest. that hat is truly magnificent, and the ghostly orrian noble's hat was no slouch either. I suggest adding a girthy selection of this style to the wardrobe post haste.

Edited by Fipmip.7219

On 7/7/2024 at 4:28 PM, Ellie.6752 said:

Hello,

Please bring back the Plush Raptor and the Plush Skyscale to the gemstore! 

Thank you!

^ Need these two too, will be appreciated.

Edited by Miporin.3529

On 7/17/2024 at 10:40 PM, Spaced.6751 said:

Man... That really stinks. I would be spending so much more money if there were more outfits available. There's at least 5 that I think are cool and would insta-purchase. Such an obscure marketing team for GW2. Fashion has a pretty major factor in how often I play a game, if my character looks awesome, I will want to log in and play more, buy more DLC to see my fashionable character in the story sequences. It is what it is I guess, plenty of other games for me to dump my money into for cosmetics in the meantime.

It's not an obscure method, they are using fomo (fear of missing out) so that people who might not absolutely love something might still grab it when it pops up since they don't know when it'll be back.

Anyways, pigeon/dove griffon. There are some really cool wild ones out there and tons of breeds, but the common mourning dove and rock dove based feral pigeon are lovely too. Here are just some of my favorites

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luzon_bleeding-heart

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicobar_pigeon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yungas_dove

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_bronzewing

Please rework how the gemstore functions in terms of how products are sold.  Some people are claiming that they had to wait three years before being able to purchase an item that they've been wanting and in my opinion, that's absolutely unacceptable.  Allow us to purchase whatever we want, whenever we want or at least significantly reduce the turnaround time.  Thank you.