Win ratio

Bobiniak.7195

Hey guys, What is wrong with game finder. I always get bad team. I know im not good or something, but my team always terrible. 60 games played only 22 win. It is under 50% win ratio. Oposite team always have giga chad and i have terrible weekend players 😞. Im tired of losing 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bobiniak.7195 said:

I play Blood Sage Scourge and condition Chronobunker Chronomancer.

I went from 1200 rating to 1400 rating in a day. Play a build with higher risk/reward. If you're not carrying consistently, then you're just getting carried by your team when ever you do actually win a game.

• Thanks 1

No, it's not just you. I'm good at this game, but I've been paired with absolute garbage players and I keep losing. It's not fun trying to carry and getting things like 35% dmg on a team of five and still losing. Absolutely trashing people where I'm at but the rest of the team failing everywhere else and our points getting decapped but not recapped by the morons on my team.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I went from 1200 rating to 1400 rating in a day. Play a build with higher risk/reward. If you're not carrying consistently, then you're just getting carried by your team when ever you do actually win a game.

What class/sub class u think is hight risk/hight reward? I have one boost to lvl 80.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:52 AM, Bobiniak.7195 said:

What class/sub class u think is hight risk/hight reward? I have one boost to lvl 80.

In sPvP (structured pvp) you don't need a level boost, nor do you need equipment. You can create a new character, finish the initial starting level and then go straight into Heart of the Mists to queue up for pvp. All of your stats comes from the amulet, runes, and relic.

That said if you are a new player that is still learning about the class and different build specs, do yourself a huge favor and play up until you're lvl 80 for the sake of learning your class.

When I talk about high risk/high reward builds, I'm talking about Berserk Amulet power builds that's able to dish out enough burst damage to potentially 100-0 some one no matter where you rotate to on the map. Bunker builds such as chrono support, scourge, bunker core guard, is NOT high risk/high reward. They are just high risk. You are 100% dependent on your teammates to do damage and that's not a position I like to be in these random soloQ ranked games.

Every class in this game has a high risk + high reward build. It's a matter of knowing how to play it.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Thanks 2

On 11/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

How does 1 person carry 4 others with so many random variables that differ in each match? 

• Confused 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:39 PM, Bobiniak.7195 said:

Hey guys, What is wrong with game finder. I always get bad team. I know im not good or something, but my team always terrible. 60 games played only 22 win. It is under 50% win ratio. Oposite team always have giga chad and i have terrible weekend players 😞. Im tired of losing 

When you play any game especially with random teammates you literally have no reason or right to expect anything from them. It's a complete waste of your time and out of your control. What you can do is improve yourself. Improve you decision making, mechanics, communication, conscientiousness of your team's current situation, your ability to perform your role as well as you can. That is what you can and should do. Eventually your teammates will get better once you do. All these "bad" teammates everyone complains about stop being in your games regularly as you climb. This is true for any online match made team based game. People that complain about their teams all the time are losers that never improve their own game or mental health. That's just the unfortunate reality in life. You never just get a free pass because you are so amazing at something but everyone around you is just holding you back tragically. Even if that were true you could do a few things to improve you situations and that is all you can do. Complaining just puts you and everyone around you in a worse mental state and generally that means worse performance all around.

In this game specifically you will get farmed many times. If you actually have awful teammates every game that means the enemy teams have similar leveled players on them just as often as your team does. Get better than the average in your games and you will have enough of a positive impact overtime to win more and gain rank. If you can't handle self improvement then you are just as bad as all the people you are complaining about. Unfortunately, winning only 22 out of 60 matches means you are likely an active detriment in your games. Not guaranteed but very likely. Everyone is playing with the same match maker you are and some of them manage much better results and it isn't all just luck.

Edited by Mount Mazama.2917
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

How does 1 person carry 4 others with so many random variables that differ in each match? 

It's not that complicated. Just concentrate on what you can control and things will fall into place. You can pan around the map to see who is the most glass prior to you actually engaging. There's almost always 1 person who gets easily melted. Such as a necro, perhaps a DH, engi or thief. If you're a Scrapper and they have 2 or more bunker classes, you have to play into mid very cautiously. In fact you'll probably spend most of your time rotating around the map attempting to +1 burst people if you and your teamates suck at mid fights.

It's staggering how there's so many players in this game who don't leave losing fights. Proper rotations is 50% of this game's skill ceiling.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

It's not that complicated. Just concentrate on what you can control and things will fall into place. You can pan around the map to see who is the most glass prior to you actually engaging. There's almost always 1 person who gets easily melted. Such as a necro, perhaps a DH, engi or thief. If you're a Scrapper and they have 2 or more bunker classes, you have to play into mid very cautiously. In fact you'll probably spend most of your time rotating around the map attempting to +1 burst people if you and your teamates suck at mid fights.

It's staggering how there's so many players in this game who don't leave losing fights. Proper rotations is 50% of this game's skill ceiling.

Don’t let him fool ya, saiyan’d real plan is he calls in some old timer burst nades engi to duo with 🙂

• Sad 2

On 11/1/2023 at 8:21 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

tldr; play bunker/support and grind games

You can't grind games as support and expect to climb elo. You're a liability when you're the best player on the team(cant carry worse players), but will have more impact when you're the worst player on your team, or the lobby is balanced.  Essentially, you should be choosing which games you go as support, also taking map into consideration on top of who's in your game for max value.

a couple good players on your team and it's skyhammer = great time to go support

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2023 at 8:39 PM, Bobiniak.7195 said:

60 games played only 22 win. It is under 50% win ratio. Oposite team always have giga chad and i have terrible weekend players 😞. Im tired of losing 

Player Population is low for a number of reasons. The match maker is very generous to let the remains still play. The opposing team has 5 free spots from 10 to get a player that is a whole division above the average of the match. Your team has 4 free spot from 10 to get an uber player. 60 x 0.4 =24. So that seems about right:).

The people who tell you to "get good" are just coping about their rotting game mode. Obviously if you become good enough you can counter act the stacked odds against you. But don't beat yourself up about win loss ratio, it is not your fault. With the matchmaker as it is and the average players having vastly more skill and apm, then restraint  or calm game tend to be volatile. Keep calm and consistent, then your win ratio will look better. If you like playing durable stuff try to bring yourself in situations where you are 2 on 1 an keep people busy or hold points 1 on 1. Trust your team to be more or less competent. Despite the Popular opinion on the forum if you are not bronze or low silver, in 99% of cases you have to worry about the mental of your teammates not their skill. People are quite good.

5 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

You can't grind games as support and expect to climb elo. You're a liability when you're the best player on the team(cant carry worse players), but will have more impact when you're the worst player on your team, or the lobby is balanced.  Essentially, you should be choosing which games you go as support, also taking map into consideration on top of who's in your game for max value.

a couple good players on your team and it's skyhammer = great time to go support

Guess agree to disagree--as I believe I could be mid plat 1 just by grinding Druid support as it contains some to a lot of offense depending on how you build it.  Surely this would apply to other classes too?

Maybe bunker is the better word? As that covers more than just support.  

The disparity gets less as you climb, but it’s still there in every game no matter who you are or how well you played.   Also duo q kitten hats that bring in alts to boost a friend is an issue, won’t be every game but it’s still there and kinda often…   fr if you realize two players are a duo q one is an alt rated silver and the other at least g2+.   Just don’t play raked if you know they are out there you will keep getting matched with them.