Are we really getting pistol, and not greatsword or some kind of bow??

Sensations.9507

Eh I kind of like that Anet doesn't go for the obvious stuff with weapons most of the time. Honestly I'm just surprised we're getting a main hand at all considering that means 6 (I think?) extra dual skills to design (well assuming they don't phone it in again like with Hammer). Conjure weapon should definitely have just been a single elite that changes based on attunement though; such a complete waste of 4 utility options.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Eh I kind of like that Anet doesn't go for the obvious stuff with weapons most of the time. Honestly I'm just surprised we're getting a main hand at all considering that means 6 (I think?) extra dual skills to design (well assuming they don't phone it in again like with Hammer). Conjure weapon should definitely have just been a single elite that changes based on attunement though; such a complete waste of 4 utility options.

Personally, I like that you can swap attunements when you have a weapon conjured without changing the weapon. Conjure mechanics could definitely do with some improvements, to be sure, but I don't think collapsing them down to one skill that varies based on attunement is the way to go.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Just saw the preview of dual mace ranger.  I didn't realize there was a possibility that classes receiving one-handed weapons would get both mainhand and offhand versions.  Does this mean elementalist is getting dual pistols?  I hope so, because that sounds a heck of a lot cooler than just one pistol!

possibility, we'll have to see on next expac

27 minutes ago, steve.2945 said:

possibility, we'll have to see on next expac

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/become-a-force-of-nature-with-the-dual-wielding-mace-ranger/

I thought so, too.  But then I saw this.  It sure sounds like ranger is getting both mainhand and offhand maces as a set in one of the 2024 updates for SotO.  So I figure maybe they are doing full weapon sets for all classes and we won't have to wait and see with the next expansion?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Just saw the preview of dual mace ranger.  I didn't realize there was a possibility that classes receiving one-handed weapons would get both mainhand and offhand versions.  Does this mean elementalist is getting dual pistols?  I hope so, because that sounds a heck of a lot cooler than just one pistol!

Nope, they stated from the start that ranger would get mh and oh maces. And ele would only get mh pistol. 
Proof: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/ 

• Ranger: Mace (main and off hand)
  • Elementalist: Pistol (main hand)
Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2023 at 5:18 PM, Reijii.1642 said:

After the hammer, there are no special expectations from the pistol, what I would really like is a rework and rebalance of the summoned weapons in the manner of the engineer’s toolkits. 

That would be HELLA BONKI OP and I would love it!!! Even if they have a CD as warrior Gunblade(changing weapons cd) it can be a game changer for eles. Now it makes me wish it was like thaaaaaaat!!! 😭

2 hours ago, Howluffu.7259 said:

That would be HELLA BONKI OP and I would love it!!! Even if they have a CD as warrior Gunblade(changing weapons cd) it can be a game changer for eles. Now it makes me wish it was like thaaaaaaat!!! 😭

Yeah, they'd probably need to implement some sort of cooldown rather than being able to swap at will like an engineer, but making conjures more like kits would be one of the most revolutionary things they could do for elementalist. Even just removing the second, ground-targeted weapon and cutting the cooldown in half would make them much more functional (practically nobody actually wants to have someone else pick up their conjured weapon nowadays).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 3:07 PM, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

I have wanted pistol on Ele for awhile now, and I have asked for it. So, there is your feedback on people wanting it. Spellslingers are a thing. And yes, it is too late to change since the beta for it is the 28th with it going live next year. Only thing you can ask for is getting your longbow next expansion.

arcane archer over spellslinger any day of the year

we could've been this ages ago but anet loves to sUbVeRt eXpEcTaTiOnS

Edited by Knuckle Joe.7408
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

I have low expectations for it. I already don't like we are getting pistol instead of another weapon, and I'm sure they will find a way to make it a melee weapon like everything else. I hope they have some good animations for it but I expect from them just bullets with conditions or boring reused animations. I do hope they use the animation from the Naga, that traps enemies in a bubble called Bubble shot.

• Like 2

Seeing how support focused all the weapons appear so far, I'm hoping pistol can still do some good power damage or something. But most of all I hope it has good cc. Outside of weaver ele's cc leaves much to be desired. (Talking about hard cc in pve)

Edited by Serephen.3420

3 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

Seeing how support focused all the weapons appear so far, I'm hoping pistol can still do some good power damage or something. But most of all I hope it has good cc. Outside of weaver ele's cc leaves much to be desired. (Talking about hard cc in pve)

Thief axe doesn't seem to be support-oriented. I think the goal in general is about filling gaps, and elementalist already has a few weapons that can be used for support. Mind you, elementalist pistol could end up being something that can be either support or DPS-oriented depending on build.

7 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Thief axe doesn't seem to be support-oriented. I think the goal in general is about filling gaps, and elementalist already has a few weapons that can be used for support. Mind you, elementalist pistol could end up being something that can be either support or DPS-oriented depending on build.

While that is true, thief has kinda been the exception so far. Most have been support/hybrids. I'm just hoping Pistol can be a solid ranged power option which is what we lack, as well as reliable CC.

If we ever do finally get a longbow, it will probably only have one 1200 yard range ability in which you stick it in the ground and fire yourself like an arrow into melee range. The other abilities will have 160 yard range and will center around spanking the enemy with the quiver, but with the power of all 4 elements. 

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

While that is true, thief has kinda been the exception so far. Most have been support/hybrids. I'm just hoping Pistol can be a solid ranged power option which is what we lack, as well as reliable CC.

It could well be that, apart from thief axe where they might have wanted to get it out early due to people prejudging it for not being an offhand, that they wanted to get the support weapons out early. All the other weapons so far have been weapons that were predicted to be support-oriented, while for the remainder (guardian and ele pistols, engineer shortbow, necromancer swords), there are lower expectations of being support.

Thief axe seems to be intended to fit the general role of providing better capabilities for fighting multiple opponents. Which is not something that thief was completely lacking before, but the existing options all have perceived shortfalls that would be hard to remove without fundamentally altering their character.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 1:43 PM, RazieL.5684 said:

pistol is only riveled by rifle for being the worst thematic weapon for ele... the feel will be horrible regardless what they do with the abilities... having projectiles will always be worse than scepter unless they are broken OP... there is no win here, only loss...

This comment hasn't aged well. Pistol sneak peek was released yesterday and it thematically looks cool as hell.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

This comment hasn't aged well. Pistol sneak peek was released yesterday and it thematically looks cool as hell.

the comment was only proven right even more by the sneak peek... a mage with a gun is simply looking stupid...

my bigger concern is that there doesn't seem to be a winning scenario with pistol...

1. pistol is broken OP to win over scepter, making scepter obsolete because both weapons cover the same role as mid-range condi focused weapons...

2. pistol is equal to scepter automatically making it obsolete because majority of scepter skills can't be reflected/go through projectile hate while pistol projectiles seem to have HORRIBLE velocity...

3. pistol is worse than scepter automatically making it obsolete to begin with...

and maybe there is one more scenario that is even worse... since scepter generally can't be reflected it might warrant nerfs to keep pistol relevant without making it broken OP...

not even to mention that scepter earth 2 gives you barrier but pistol earth 3 will only give you barrier if the skill actually lands AND you had a bullet which makes it horribly unreliable like hammer water 4...

and don't get me started on weaver... using a dual skill that has 3 elements in it only giving one bullet when even hammer gives 2 orbs...

Edited by RazieL.5684
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

54 minutes ago, ScottBroChill.3254 said:

Pistol is awesome, yall need to stop whining that they did something cool.

Ironically pistol looks the best one, that doesnt say one may not be even better upcoming, but its defintly the coolest concept thats come so far.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3