Are we really getting pistol, and not greatsword or some kind of bow??

Sensations.9507

I have wanted pistol on Ele for awhile now, and I have asked for it. So, there is your feedback on people wanting it. Spellslingers are a thing. And yes, it is too late to change since the beta for it is the 28th with it going live next year. Only thing you can ask for is getting your longbow next expansion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sensations.9507 said:

Who supported pistol?  Has anyone actually given feeback that pistol is desired?

Its not too late to change or fix this!!

You are aware that pistol has been one of the two most requested weapons for elementalist since the game launched right? The other one being Longbow… Longbow and Pistol have been constantly requested to the point that it is hard to tell which one was requested more now.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 5
  • Confused 6

11 hours ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Ele already has a (conjured) Greatsword, Bow and Axe. Would be quite messy to have the same weapon normal & conjured.

Conjured weapons have no baring on what the elementslist could and couldn’t use as a future weapon… think of conjured weapons as embodiments of their respective elements (though personally I feel air should have been bow, water should have been shield, and earth should have been hammer)…

• Confused 1

On 11/4/2023 at 1:35 AM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

What made you thin Anet does what the players want?

This TBH. Seems like they go out of their way to disappoint their player-base if anything.

eg: strong consensus for a ranged weapon after sword/weaver but they delivered hammer -- yet another melee weapon.

Then after receiving literally dozens of pages of negative feedback, they went ahead and released it with minor changes to the utility skills.

Edited by scerevisiae.1972
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Quip ele incoming.

Burning confetti, lets go. 

I m kinda curious what they will do with the water attunement with pistol. Water Was always a bit supportive but i cant really imagine that on a pistol. 

I m also very curious about the weaver double-attunement pistol skills.

I m actually sure it will be kinda interesting. (Well i will take that back if it will be like hammer 3)

4 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Quip ele incoming.

Burning confetti, lets go. 

I m kinda curious what they will do with the water attunement with pistol. Water Was always a bit supportive but i cant really imagine that on a pistol. 

I m also very curious about the weaver double-attunement pistol skills.

I m actually sure it will be kinda interesting. (Well i will take that back if it will be like hammer 3)

Healing water pistol, go!

There is a bit of precedence already with engineer having support-oriented gunlike kits (elixir gun, mortar, you could even argue medkit), and I don't think it's guaranteed that a pistol being used by an elementalist will even be firing bullets rather than being more like a pistol-grip wand for channelling elemental energies. So if ArenaNet has decided that elementalist needs a ranged, one-handed healing weapon to replace how people used to use Water Trident on sceptre before the sceptre rework, they could easily make that work on pistol by just not making it fire actual bullets. There are already pistol skins in game that don't have a chamber or firing mechanism, I can only imagine that when used by a thief or engineer, a bullet is simply placed somewhere in the swirl of crystals and magical energy and propelled by magic. 

• Haha 1

pistol is only riveled by rifle for being the worst thematic weapon for ele... the feel will be horrible regardless what they do with the abilities... having projectiles will always be worse than scepter unless they are broken OP... there is no win here, only loss...

• Like 10
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, RazieL.5684 said:

pistol is only riveled by rifle for being the worst thematic weapon for ele... the feel will be horrible regardless what they do with the abilities... having projectiles will always be worse than scepter unless they are broken OP... there is no win here, only loss...

That's why I suggested using elemental arrows (longbow) skills based on gw1... where some skills would have an "if blocked" secondary function

On 11/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, Dayra.7405 said:

Ele already has a (conjured) Greatsword, Bow and Axe. Would be quite messy to have the same weapon normal & conjured.

The conjured weapon is only 1 element... the equipped weapon would have 4... and I highly doubt that anet would copy skills from the conjured onto the equipping... ie they would be completely different skills

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2