Not a single patch without nerfing ranger

Vamp Rook.7835

1 hour ago, saltysnack.1054 said:

They're just trying to nerf boyce

unfortunately players at that level are op no matter what you give them to play on.

did boyce even use the tanky untamed build before it was nuked from orbit? he's usually pretty vocal on his utter disdain for bunker builds and that playstyle.

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vamp Rook.7835 said:

Yes, and Necros didn't get a nerf while u can find 2 or 3 every game.

Yea but it's not if you find that many in 1 match that it is OP or enemy team has large advantage.

That many in 1 match makes it easier to outrotate them. And necro is mostly played because it's 1 of the classes easier to get into.

So why should it need a nerf if it is just good/not even too oppressive. Just because you see 2-3 in match who don't know that too much of this makes their team comb more vulnerable?

Edited by arazoth.7290

Posted (edited)
On 11/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

It's even crazier when you look into history of Stalker's Strike:

Feb 25th 2020 - (Competitive split) Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

May 2nd 2023 - Reduced cooldown from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.

So what exactly changed so suddenly and recently to warrant such a huge nerf of 12 secs to 25 secs???

It seems so targeted. What did ranger dagger do to CMC?!!

It was killing Willbenders.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Vamp Rook.7835 said:

It's again that time of the year, like every patch, rangers can't have a meta build.

Stop being a clown. SLB was completely OP with 14k maul crits, and it is still a powerful spec that has quite easy damage application. Druid has been a consistant side noder for months now (maybe longer? I forget). You also had a strong AF untamed condi build, and then maces came, making power untamed the most bloated, broken thing ive seen since playing this game, while druid wasnt bad at all with it either. The thing you should be complaining about, is why the FK ranger is consistantly one of the most powerful melee specs? I guess we should be greatful.. becuase I for one hope to never see the day when LB somehow hits meta, with its 1700 force fire range.

Get off the cope train.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Stop being a clown. SLB was completely OP with 14k maul crits, and it is still a powerful spec that has quite easy damage application. Druid has been a consistant side noder for months now (maybe longer? I forget). You also had a strong AF untamed condi build, and then maces came, making power untamed the most bloated, broken thing ive seen since playing this game, while druid wasnt bad at all with it either. The thing you should be complaining about, is why the FK ranger is consistantly one of the most powerful melee specs? I guess we should be greatful.. becuase I for one hope to never see the day when LB somehow hits meta, with its 1700 force fire range.

Get off the cope train.

To say that mace untamed was the most broken bloated thing you've seen since playing the game is a big stretch considering staff warrior pre patch was not too long before it, and better. Yeah it needed to be toned down but let's be real lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Psh.

Warrior ISNT safe. literally only bladesworn works and a good chunk of diehard warrior mains hate it

Power zerk gets nerfed constantly regardless. Ranger isnt a bulwark against this, its just their turn on the clownworld carousel 😔

Bro I love being right 

A timeless classic

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I for one hope to never see the day when LB somehow hits meta, with its 1700 force fire range.

It's actually 1900 🤓

EDIT why the kitten would people even be confused by this, you can literally go in game right now and check the range by yourself.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ordaine.3149 said:

To say that mace untamed was the most broken bloated thing you've seen since playing the game is a big stretch considering staff warrior pre patch was not too long before it, and better. Yeah it needed to be toned down but let's be real lol

Mace untamed has access to almost every single mechanic in the game, including ranged dmg/utility from pets. Condi cata was bad, but it was hard countered by any support with decent cleanse, but nobody plays support. Maces are still strong af, and other ranger builds running mace with monster tank for what are suppose to be "squishy" power builds. Didn't we forget the trade off for higher power dmg was suppose to be lower sustain, and well timed CC? Or is that concept out the window now that its your golden class shining with CC spam and easy sustain. Maces just allows yet more sustain crept power builds to join the rest of the sustain crept power builds, they make scourge look good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)

How about Rangers get nerfed into Mech levels of uselessness all at once, so then they can be nerf free the remaining patches?

Or is one pet class favored over the other?

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

How about Rangers get nerfed into Mech levels of uselessness all at once, so then they can be nerf free the remaining patches?

We can just delete Mechanist from the game, I'd really like my F skills to be responsive again.  Your special ed child in Mechanist ruined that one right quick with 'auto cast' 😂.

Anyway, Ranger is always strongest but never makes it to mAT grand finals but 1/10 times.  Makes sense.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Get off the cope train.

Thank you for stating what every sane player thinks, actual breath of fresh air.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It's actually 1900 🤓

EDIT why the kitten would people even be confused by this, you can literally go in game right now and check the range by yourself.

People are also confused when you are saying "Dont burst into the Reaper shroud".   I wonder about nothing at this point.

• Like 1

If only they would keep those nerfs to spvp instead of nerfing already underpowered builds in WvW ...

But i guess that privilege is reserved for harb and wb ...

6 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Mech is a spec, not a class. And ranger - the entire class and not just a single spec! - suffers already because of it ...