Why in this day and age are we stuck with buy 1 or 5 items from the Wizards Vault, click to close, click to open, repeat until you get the amount you want

Roobarb.2160

Remember when we didn't even had the open all options on bags? 

Or the "salvage all" options? Not even on the endless ones had it. 

Ahhh the memories. Farming stacks on stacks of bags in silverwaste. 

Using an auto clicker to open them and salvaging the blues and greens one by one. 

Anyway. QoL options are always welcome. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Roobarb.2160 said:

What happened to being able to scroll, or enter the exact number you want, enter yes and have done. I have 1270 AA to spend, please reduce my mouse clicks. Having to repeatedly click click click, is making me a teensy weensy bit 😠😣

It is there to delay you from doing other stuff in game. That way you will have to click (which means it take some time) to claim rewards, to purchase items one by one and so on while dealing with Wizard's Vault.

This strategy isn't something new as other already have remarked down here where you had to click each items until ArenaNet added "Salvage All..." option and other option to consume a stack in one click instead of having to click every item one by one.

The more time you spend on doing everyday stuff, the less time you have to earn in game currency, make any progression at all on account and that makes it easier for ArenaNet to keep players to use/play the same content until they release a new expansion or Living World (which is the way GW2 worked before SoTO release circle).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

As this thread seem to be about everything which you have click which could have been directly gone to Wallet or Material Storage lets not forget how we now get small "pouches" (Bag of Coins) which only contain a small amount coins in the most cases or silver which could as well have gone to Wallet instead.

It the same as when you Purchase Gold for Astral Acclaim in WV you will need to have empty slot in your character inventory to collect that and then consume that pouch to get your 1 Gold transferred into Wallet.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Coins

Or take the 500 ways we now get Karma that instead getting added to account now also are treated as items that need space in inventory to be accepted and then consume it when map have Karma consumables.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma

All these things could have been going directly to Wallet here, but instead you will need to always check that you have enough space in inventory and spend time to consume these items as to not block your inventory from getting full from all those consumables.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Remember when we didn't even had the open all options on bags?

We still don't have them for Bags of Loot from the Treasure Hunt at the Labyrinthine Cliffs (I just deleted a bunch of stacks instead of clicking through them); also the Baubles from the HI node, I get that it's part of the SAB mechanics as players have an expandable limit on how many they can carry but outside of the SAB levels - or at least when the festival isn't active - we could do with an option to convert a full stack into a Bubble, and then add Bubbles to the material storage PLEASE.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

The more time you spend on doing everyday stuff, the less time you have to earn in game currency, make any progression at all on account and that makes it easier for ArenaNet to keep players to use/play the same content until they release a new expansion or Living World (which is the way GW2 worked before SoTO release circle).

Sad to say, but this is probably the exact reason.

7 hours ago, Roobarb.2160 said:

What happened to being able to scroll, or enter the exact number you want, enter yes and have done. I have 1270 AA to spend, please reduce my mouse clicks. Having to repeatedly click click click, is making me a teensy weensy bit 😠😣

Don't worry, there's a new mastery line coming for that. Soon. 

• Haha 1