GW2 Sales/Revenue/Earnings Report 3Q-2023

Zok.4956

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Basis for enjoyment is not logical. Mine, for example, requires not having to worry about the future of this game.

Which is illogical because you base your enjoyment on a variable that you have little to no control over, this really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp, but we're getting really off topic here, still waiting for that "specified" date btw, I'd like it in DD.MM.YYYY format if possible, thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

Which is illogical because you base your enjoyment on a variable that you have little to no control over, this really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp, but we're getting really off topic here, still waiting for that "specified" date btw, I'd like it in DD.MM.YYYY format if possible, thanks.

Indeed and assuming that GW3 will come out, this date will not be given to us before GW3 has launched imo. I suspect that they will keep GW2 going at least for a while after to ease the transition for GW2 players. GW2 will likely go to true maintenance mode before GW3 comes out but not too long before (I'd say 1-1.5 years before), so that players will have GW3 to look forward to instead of another expansion. I mean, it wouldn't be wise to continue making expansions for GW2 because then it would be competing with GW3.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Passerbye.6291 said:

Which is illogical because you base your enjoyment on a variable that you have little to no control over, this really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp

Like i said, enjoyment in itself is not logical, so expecting it to suddenly act according to logic is illogical in itself. This really should not be that difficult to grasp.

It's like trying to persuade someone that likes the color green but hate blue that it's illogical, because they cannot control the color everything they come in contact with.

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Like i said, enjoyment in itself is not logical, so expecting it to suddenly act according to logic is illogical in itself. This really should not be that difficult to grasp.

It's like trying to persuade someone that likes the color green but hate blue that it's illogical, because they cannot control the color everything they come in contact with.

Still no date then, interesting that. 
I'm glad you try to come up with more nonsense analogies instead of actually responding to my points, great conversation this is /s

For the last time, you can like whichever colour you want, but you then proceed to behave in accordance with said like, for instance something as simple as choosing a green keychain instead of a blue one, suggesting that there is no driving force of logic behind is such an ignorant thing to say that it baffles me you'd even type that.

I won't bother entertaining this conversation further until you cough up that "specified" date you mentioned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Basis for enjoyment is not logical. Mine, for example, requires not having to worry about the future of this game.

But you've always had to worry about the future of this game, if you're going to worry in the first place.  Months after the game launched, when Anet introduced ascended gear, many people said it was the end of the game, the game was over, and we did lose a lot of people.

When HoT came out, casuals walked away from the game, including several in my guild. They found HoT too hard, not fun, and they paid for the expansion like everyone else. They expected more of the same and didn't get it.

Everyone was saying the game was in maintenance mode back in IBS when Anet claimed they weren't going to make another expansion, and then EOD was announced. But before it was announced, I can't tell you how many times I saw maintenance mode posts in these forums.

If I were going to worry about the game, I'd have been gone 3 months after it launched. It's the same with TV series too. I watch a series, invest time in it, and 3 years down the road, they cancel it without finishing the story. But I enjoyed what I saw so I shrug and I move on. Not much else I can do.

I understand why people worry, but I suggest that Guild Wars 3 is not the biggest threat this game has seen to its health. I'd certainly be waiting for a lot more information before I started worrying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

Just goes to show how much NC have screwed up the other games they have.

Yeah. :/ Aion's gone hardcore p2w and been pretty much dumped for their "Classic" re-release (that is also p2w), B&S just exists, and I don't know the states of L1/L2 in terms of how NCsoft has handled them. They didn't post T&L stats that I saw, but I've heard it has underperformed. 

NCsoft pivots more on their games/business model than even Anet does and makes very 😕decisions (who deletes entire zones repeatedly in their game and then replaces them with garbage can zones? N C S O F T!). It's...impressive.

Of the current NCsoft lineup, GW2 really is the best option overall for if you don't want to hemorrhage tons of money into an abyss of RNG P2W that deletes your efforts within a few months repeatedly. :( 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/9/2024 at 1:36 AM, Passerbye.6291 said:

All enjoyment is based on some elements that one has limited control over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

All enjoyment is based on some elements that one has limited control over. 

This is absolutely true. The company could start making content much harder, and not everyone would love it, but some people would. But you don't have any control over it. The company could close PvP and if you were a  PvP player that would suck but most of us probably wouldn't notice. Companies make decisions all the time and we have no control.  I've had my favorite dish at a local restaurant taken off the menu, and there was nothing I could do about it. I enjoy the restaurant less because of it, but on their end it was just a business decision.

Anet is going to make many changes and choices and it'll affect some people and not affect others, most of the time. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I hope they do something i cant even fill raids and strikes anymore. Not to mention we have all this dead content in the form of dungeons, how is other games keep dungeons relevant but not gw2?

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

I hope they do something i cant even fill raids and strikes anymore. Not to mention we have all this dead content in the form of dungeons, how is other games keep dungeons relevant but not gw2?

Not sure you've played other games if you think dungeons are all relevant. In most games only the most recent ones are. In Guild Wars 2, I don't have trouble finding groups for dungeons to this day.

29 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Not sure you've played other games if you think dungeons are all relevant. In most games only the most recent ones are. In Guild Wars 2, I don't have trouble finding groups for dungeons to this day.

Depends on what you mean with relevant. In SWTOR for example you could say they are all still relevant because they are all playable at max level and people still play them because end gear drops there as well. It's been a couple of years since I played but yeah. In fact, the last time I played SWTOR there are a few dungeons (Flash Points) in particular that are the oldest ones (Hammer Station, Cademimu and Athiss to be specific) that are run mostly because they are shorter and they do drop endgame gear but they're not run exclusively. Also SWTOR still makes dungeons and raids (Operations).

However, SWTOR has a gear grind, so every time the level cap is upped, new gear tiers are added to the game. And that's just not what GW2 does. I think content stays relevant primarily for the rewards/currencies you can get there. 

And if you're not having trouble finding groups for dungeons then you're lucky. My experience is that there are some dungeons that you cannot find people for like (Arah) a lot of the time. Ever since they unified the dungeon currencies especially. Now, if you're talking in general, sure you can always find people to do some dungeons but if you want to do a specific dungeon or path, you might be out of luck most of the time.

• Confused 2

On 5/3/2024 at 7:19 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Our current team size is roughly what it was during the development of Living World Season 4 and about 15% larger than it was at the release of End of Dragons in 2022

Team size doesn't matter if leadership is bad, which has been the case all of GW2's life span. Also too many cooks in the kitchen.

I've seen indie games with 2 devs consistently create faster and meatier content updates than Anet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Team size doesn't matter if leadership is bad, which has been the case all of GW2's life span. Also too many cooks in the kitchen.

I've seen indie games with 2 devs consistently create faster and meatier content updates than Anet.

Yeah. They are all clearly totally incompetent. It's really bizarre that they have created such a good game that we, and presumably you (at least at some point), enjoy playing?

Inconceivable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 2:16 PM, Dami.5046 said:

Just goes to show how much NC have screwed up the other games they have.

yah u mean like the spaghetti code that they put in themselves, which they then use as an excuse to justify why nothing can be done, improved or added to the game. Thats my favorite

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

yah u mean like the spaghetti code that they put in themselves, which they then use as an excuse to justify why nothing can be done, improved or added to the game. Thats my favorite

Refactoring code is less important than working on some random game that will never see the light of day.

12 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Yeah. They are all clearly totally incompetent. It's really bizarre that they have created such a good game that we, and presumably you (at least at some point), enjoy playing?

Inconceivable!

Oddly defensive reply. This is a publically traded  company, not your family.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Confused 5

49 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Anet isn't publicly traded, though...?

But they are part of NcSoft wich is publicly traded. NcSoft used to be just their publisher way back when but they've been part of NcSoft for a long time now.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Another falsehood.

lol no its not, ive seen tons of people in these forums use this as an excuse as to why xyz cannot be done or implemented or improved upon, specifically super adventure box world 3, infusions/infusion wardrobe, dyeable weapons, wvw improvements, improvements to old maps, added meta events to existing maps, skipping dialogue in story events, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

lol no its not, ive seen tons of people in these forums use this as an excuse as to why xyz cannot be done or implemented or improved upon, specifically super adventure box world 3, infusions/infusion wardrobe, dyeable weapons, wvw improvements, improvements to old maps, added meta events to existing maps, skipping dialogue in story events, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on and on.

There have been 4 expansions added. Guild halls added. Mounts added. Gliding added. A new WvW map added. Legendary armory added. SAB added. Infusions added. Thousands of things added. 

Yes, other things have not been implemented, but to claim that nothing has been done or added, whatever wording you choose, is an absolute intentional falsehood. 

I am (very) disappointed in the current state and direction of the game, but I dont need to lie to express that. Doing so undermines very real issues that (I think) need to be addressed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

There have been 4 expansions added. Guild halls added. Mounts added. Gliding added. A new WvW map added. Legendary armory added. SAB added. Infusions added. Thousands of things added. 

Yes, other things have not been implemented, but to claim that nothing has been done or added, whatever wording you choose, is an absolute intentional falsehood. 

I am (very) disappointed in the current state and direction of the game, but I dont need to lie to express that. Doing so undermines very real issues that (I think) need to be addressed.

wow nitpick much, you knew what i meant

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Link one example of each of the things on your list. Most notably sab w3, infusion wardrobe, wvw improvements (even thought that's pretty vague), improvements to old maps (even though that pretty vague) and added meta events to existing maps.

In case you don't remember your claim we're talking about now, here it is:

12 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

spaghetti code that they put in themselves, which they then use as an excuse to justify why nothing can be done, improved or added to the game.

I'm afraid you won't be able to do it, so after you're done with that, you can move a level down to linking the same with "tons of people" using "this excuse" (which was a second, different claim in your subsequent post btw) in regards of what you listed. Because I don't recall those tbh.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1