Engineer Shortbow

bethekey.8314

Why are we getting another support weapon. Mace was the last new weapon to be released for engi. Two support weapons in a row, comon. Where are my bomb arrows :(!

I mean the chain reaction thing is cool but this weapon just looks boring. I had very high hopes for it and now im pretty disappointed. Ill see what its like on the beta weekend, maybe I can make some frakenstine SPvP build with it. Honestly it just looks too clunky to use in any pvp mode.

I hope im wrong though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

37 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Why bother fixing the existing core abilities when you can re-release the concept for money?

I just made a joke an hour ago, that they could just rework turrets to be "arrow" skills, add them to the chain reaction mechanic, and we might actually see them used, unlike turrets.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm surprised that no one noticed Mesmer Profession purple butterlies flying around with Necromancer Profession purple condition effects. Once again, I will not be buying this expac. due this Ludicrousy

I can't believe that, Anet would go that far to Mix and Match.. Professions Roles and Identities and their main weapons, to suit other Professions Roles and Identities....

All there is left to say is, WoW!   

seriously, I can't even laugh at this. This is truely a sad state of where the direction of the game has come.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

I just made a joke an hour ago, that they could just rework turrets to be "arrow" skills, add them to the chain reaction mechanic, and we might actually see them used, unlike turrets.

Buffing turrets and turret traits by having them synergize well with the "arrows" would be nice, yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I'm actually kind of glad it's not just another Mortar / Grenades / Ranged Bomb kit. Rehashed deployable turret-gyros (old gyros used to be ground targeted too, no?) are at least new in the current game iteration.

Yeah. Engineer already has plenty of ranged explosive damage goodies, but mace + shield is our only support weapon at all, so it's cool to be getting a ranged support weapon alongside mesmer that isn't just one or two skills from elixir gun and mortar-kit 5 and that's it.

Edited by Icefyer.9208
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm surprised that no one noticed Mesmer Profession purple butterlies flying around with Necromancer Profession purple condition effects. Once again, I will not be buying this expac. due this Ludicrousy

I can't believe that, Anet would go that far to Mix and Match.. Professions Roles and Identities and their main weapons, to suit other Professions Roles and Identities....

seriously, I can't even laugh at this. This is truely a sad state of where the direction of the game has come.

Go play WoW, then. You don't need our permission to play another game and stop haunting the community of a game you hate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3

Its unique bring a fresh gameplay to the engineer, we never had aoe spam kit before... honestly the mechanic look neat but the gameplay... you had 1 job anet... do not make a mortar/grenade kit 2.0... 1 job... Make this a grenade kit rework, and give us revnant shortbow with engi style vfx... Im disapointed... The fact thats its support is whatever I guess, but the gameplay... 4 aoe... again..?

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Considering the fluff, is that those arrows used "extracted magical energies used by others" as a fuel, yeah, they definitely may be themed after other classes/especs, and therefore have visual cues pointing to that.

This reminds me of that tabletop RPG system that had multiple different magical beings, and then it also had mad geniuses, that could potentially create a "wonder" that would extract, and use energies of those other magical beings to fuel it's working....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Can we have a shortbow that his infuse with the magical essence of the engineer... The idea of having skill that look like other profession skill is super lame... I play engi because I want my skill to look like engi one. If I wanted my skill to look like other professions, I would play those other professions...

Edited by Zzik.5873
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Can we have a shortbow that his infuse with the magical essence of the engineer... The idea of having skill that look like other profession skill is super lame... I play engi because I want my skill to look like engi one. If I wanted my skill to look like other professions, I would play those other professions...

Well I got bad news for you...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Did you even read the announcement? Or did you just watch the video and call it a day? The arrows have magic from other classes stored within them… the Yellow arrow is Necromancy (specifically Scourge), the Pink arrow is Chaos magic (Mesmers)… judging by the blur flames, the Purple arrow must be a Guardian’s magic… and considering the Red arrow left  a Black mist on the ground, it must be either Mist magic from a Revenant or Shadow magic from a thief…

4 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Did you even read the announcement? Or did you just watch the video and call it a day? The arrows have magic from other classes stored within them… the Yellow arrow is Necromancy (specifically Scourge), the Pink arrow is Chaos magic (Mesmers)… judging by the blur flames, the Purple arrow must be a Guardian’s magic… and considering the Red arrow left  a Black mist on the ground, it must be either Mist magic from a Revenant or Shadow magic from a thief…

what black mist?

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal

16 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

The blue one is definitely Guardian, and given the name, I'm pretty sure it's the other skill mentioned in the blog (skill 4). 

I was tossing up on the red one being elementalist (but distilling elementalist into one thematic effect is... difficult) or revenant. I could see it being thief, though - thief effects are typically closer to indigo than red apart from deadeye, but the thief profession colour is a red-orange colour, and I think the mist on the ground left by the red arrow has an indigo tinge to it similar to spectre wells, so maybe...

Another out-there possibility is that with the yellow one being specifically scourge, the red one is another necromancer arrow.

I'd guess engineers didn't bother distilling elemental energy because they can already pretty much replicate it through conventional technological means.

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

what black mist?

Pay close attention to the red arrow in the preview video when they detonate the arrows… a black mist spreads over the ground when it detonates… we only see it for a moment before it is panned off screen.

Edited by Panda.1967

4 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Pay close attention to the red arrow in the preview video when they detonate the arrows… a black mist spreads over the ground when it detonates… we only see it for a moment before it is panned off screen.

the only black stuff i see is the shadow from the npc, other than that the red arrow explodes in a bright white explosion

1 hour ago, Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

the only black stuff i see is the shadow from the npc, other than that the red arrow explodes in a bright white explosion

Try around the 16-17s mark. You don't actually see the canister directly in that sequence, but the mesmer one seems to be set off first, setting off the scourge canister (and imparting its butterflies), which in turn sets off the guardian one and the final canister offscreen. Just before the camera cuts away, an inky pool forms on the lower right, where previously the indicator for the fourth canister location had been.

The times when you see the red canister explode directly, it is a white explosion, but the camera cuts away before any fields can form apart from the scourge field.

A bright white explosion might, however, be an indication that it's revenant rather than thief. We'll find out in... a week and a half, I think it is? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VixenHack.7829 said:

Seriously, I am saddened by this.

While the idea of chain reactions is cool and all, Engineer already has a plethora of support options. Why add another whole weapon dedicated to it?

Where is my batman style gadget shortbow??

WHERE IS MY GRAPPLING HOOK ANET??!?!?!?

I think Grappling hook maybe better for something like a Elite Spec that utilize a wrist launcher as their Elite Spec special ability. 

On 11/16/2023 at 8:47 PM, Burnfall.9573 said:

You mean the proffession built on the concept of building, genius, and creation has developed a method to recreate power through scientific discovery?. 

How is this exactly mix and match. While I can agree with some critic written here, no one can say it looks like anytging but a engineer. 

You write alot of Weird and made up rubbish to vent at a game lol. 

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

You mean the proffession built on the concept of building, genius, and creation has developed a method to recreate power through scientific discovery?. 

How is this exactly mix and match. While I can agree with some critic written here, no one can say it looks like anytging but a engineer. 

You write alot of Weird and made up rubbish to vent at a game lol. 

I am more surprised it took Anet this long to give Engineer this technology considering they established it early in GW2 but it was during its infancy stages of creation.

Though I was hoping for Anet to be a bit more creative with Technology that can utilize magical energies from other professions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

I am more surprised it took Anet this long to give Engineer this technology considering they established it early in GW2 but it was during its infancy stages of creation.

Though I was hoping for Anet to be a bit more creative with Technology that can utilize magical energies from other professions. 

Maybe it just took the Jade Mech and experience in Cantha for them to realize that they could do something like that, since all magic is simply specific spectra of the same energy and it took them a while for them to find a way to split it and harness it safely.

Edited by Icefyer.9208