#nerf deadeye.

SleepyBat.9034

Honestly after they nerfed Binding Shadow Cantrip, I have no issues with Deadeye anymore.

That was the only thing which made me really hate the class cos it used to be able to do Burst damage (somehow the damage missed the coefficient nerf), knockdown from Stealth and Immob. And they could cast it from Stealth without being revealed.

After the June nerf it's just not good anymore and DEs pretty much disappeared from WvW, or people just played the spec less over others. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Single-target class with mediocre damage, and having to sacrifice 75% mobility for that mediocre damage, deserves a nerf hammer? I can write down more refutals, but since OP does not seem to play DE that much to understand these, it is kind of pointless. If anything, DE needs a cleave buff.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The hilarity of this request. Nearly everything beats the thief now in virtually every format of play. It isn't the fastest, doesn't hit the hardest, has near zero multi-target damage and cannot scale damage well any longer. Long gone are the days where a thief of any build variety had an advantage in 1v1 play. Now it is lucky if it can +1 a fight and not be utterly useless doing it.

Edited by Straegen.2938
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Deadeye is single target damage dealer, you literally can't kill or even hit more than 1 enemy if they're not packed or in straight line between you and your main target.

Instead of cleave, we have damage, boons and mobility... which doesn't matter of course because everyone can have boons, big damage, survivability, and cleave.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 9:05 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

too much mobility/boons for so much damage. not to mention perma blind spam.

they can keep all that, the problem is the stealth spam, they removed stealth on steal for thief, now its time they remove stealth dodge for deadeye.

Edited by Nokaon.4603
  • Confused 6

13 minutes ago, Nokaon.4603 said:

they can keep all that, the problem is stealth on dodge, they removed it for daredevil, its time they do it for deadeye as well

they removed what?  we still got access to smokefield and bound is still a leap finisher. so ever since they reduced silent scope to 1s, daredevil was able to get more stealth from a dodge. with SA changes the difference doubled too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bq pd.2148 said:

they removed what?  we still got access to smokefield and bound is still a leap finisher. so ever since they reduced silent scope to 1s, daredevil was able to get more stealth from a dodge. with SA changes the difference doubled too.

i might have fake memory but i recall thieves in the past had stealth on dodge outside of deadeye

Edited by Nokaon.4603
  • Confused 2

Just now, bq pd.2148 said:

no only stealth on steal and heal was removed with SA changes

ah yeah you're right, but yeah i still think that stealth spam needs a nerf, like i play vindi and im very dependent on LoS, i dont mind counters, but a good deadeye cant die at all vs LoS based classes/specs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Nokaon.4603 said:

ah yeah you're right, but yeah i still think that stealth spam needs a nerf, like i play vindi and im very dependent on LoS, i dont mind counters, but a good deadeye cant die at all vs LoS based classes/specs.

and there are plenty of specs they pretty much cant kill for lack of reliable damage, same thing really.