Dual swords for Necro

porkchopMCgee.6193

6 hours ago, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Who else feels like it's more so a reaper thing due to obvious reasons?

Well power on scourge is kinda bad and power harbinger doesn't deal a lot of dmg.

So i d kinda say reaper.

Tho I could also Imagine it on celestial harbinger.

Necro doesn't have a lot of power options sadly due to harbingers weak power damage. 

13 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Power Harbinger might be a thing with this.  It makes use of the extra healing from everything, since health is never protected, and on the flip side it will be regenerating health faster than other specs to recoup health sacrifices.

We'll see, feel like reaper will outshine all other spec with dual swords.

And don't forget about the blighters boon change coming. Set it up right reaper will have better sustain /hp+then harb since won't matter if you are in shroud or not for the lf/hp

Also reapers shout heal is on a lower cd than harbs heal by like 9 seconds.

Edited by porkchopMCgee.6193

Definitely feels like more of a reaper weapon set to me, even down to the lifestealing part of the theme. I could see people attempting to make powerharb work with it, but apart from the whole "harbinger shroud is condition-oriented even if you take power traits" thing, harbinger also has the issue of often having less health than other necromancer specs, making the sacrifice mechanic more dangerous.

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Definitely feels like more of a reaper weapon set to me, even down to the lifestealing part of the theme. I could see people attempting to make powerharb work with it, but apart from the whole "harbinger shroud is condition-oriented even if you take power traits" thing, harbinger also has the issue of often having less health than other necromancer specs, making the sacrifice mechanic more dangerous.

There's a reason why they changed blighters boon to give lf/hp regardless of being in shroud or not.  That when it comes with reapers kit, and swords are far better than harbs kit imo. Offense shouts/low cd heal, coupled with blood magic

Scourge may be a competitor with swords,  just for the barrier aspect.  And possibly sandstorm shroud with the leap if timed correctly /shurg. 

Guess we will see.

35 minutes ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

What about power core?

I could see celestial bunker core using it just for the leaps, since the shroud leap is a joke and apart from that it's just a sitting duck. Boonrip is good for every build, or if they just focus on being as annoying as possible thay can just use the lifesteal sword skills with blood bank and be even more bunkery.

On 11/28/2023 at 4:04 AM, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

We'll see, feel like reaper will outshine all other spec with dual swords.

And don't forget about the blighters boon change coming. Set it up right reaper will have better sustain /hp+then harb since won't matter if you are in shroud or not for the lf/hp

Also reapers shout heal is on a lower cd than harbs heal by like 9 seconds.

From what little I tested on power reaper today on a beta char, it was really fun!! lol
I have a power reaper alt that I play very often so have gotten used to play style with GS.  On the test I ran with GS on backbar and dual swords on front bar.  Between the range skills for sword, and especially the added mobility on skill 3, then hopping in and out of Shroud (more mobility on shroud 2) it was crazy fun to pop in and out of positioning.   I did a few runs around Skywatch in the Maguuma zone, deliberately over-pulling every mushroom I could find to see how I could manage them swarming me, hehe,  Zero issues, despite all the poison rings and such.  Tagged a few Smokescale elites for good measure. Was hecka fun. 😂

Skills felt not as  fast paced but synergized well with GS/bar swap.  They will probably tweak the skills and cds more by the time it gets to live, and I am sure others may be more critical than me here, but I am definitely giving this some more in depth time with my Reaper in group content once the weapons are officially in live game 🙂

Edited by Surelia.2651

I did give the dual swords a quick test on my valkyries reaper setup and while it didn't feel too bad the damage output was /really/ bad compared to axe/focus and greatsword. (Damage was like a third of GS) It will probably work better in group settings or with berserkers gear. But i do hope it will work with my setup once its officially released, time will tell.

Dual Swords: the PVP weapon set that people thought would replace GS on a PVE DPS Reaper. Weird. Especially after getting the preview where we were told it has leaps and a life steal component. 

There are definitely some overlap between sword and GS skills but the key is that you trade DPS and LF regain for Life steal. This is good because it's a simple weapon swap to increase your survival if you need it with little interruption to making Reaper traits continue to work with either the GS or sword weapon choices. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

• 2 weeks later...

Probably stacking barrier on a reaper with the overheal would be amazing survivability. Maybe a vitality healing reaper using lyr relic would be some nice support. Scourge could also do this. First thing I thought about when I looked a swords was the barrier overheal and lyr relic support. This could make scourge and reaper really big spunges if they give up the damage. 
I think he synergy with the lyr relic will be good for that.
The reason why you gota give a lot of hp to do any decent damage is because there is the overheal barrier in blood. They probably intended that to be used and to just stack barrier and blow everything on dual swords. 

• Confused 2