Expanded Weapon Proficiencies Beta Feedback: Guardian

Rubi Bayer.8493

My experience seems to match many others, but I'll try to elaborate my feel for each skill. Overall, the concept, animation, and sound for each skill are very cool, and the weapons are a ton of fun to play with some hiccups I'd like to see addressed before they go live.

1. A decent basic autoattack. The bleed is nice. The strike damage may be a bit low. It's serviceable with #3, but there are better skills to pop while the symbol is active. 
  2. This is a really cool skill. It looks and feels great. Honestly, I think it fits better for scepter autoattack, but I'll take it on a pistol. However, it also fits an OH skill better, and I think it should go to #4. This will help keep the synergies with #3 and the other OH weapons more level too.
  3. Such a cool concept that has some real mechanical issues. A pulsing damage symbol that can only be cast on self just does NOT work for a ranged weapon. And the only skill that can synergize well with it now is on another weapon (OH pistol #4). I can see two fixes for this thing:
    1. The simple fix is to make the symbol ground targeted or centered on your target. That way it can AOE at range, and attacks fired into it get the procs. This of course will have all the disadvantages of AOE DOT skills, especially in competitive modes, but it's better than what we have now.
    2. The more interesting, cooler fix is to rework it. Reduce the pulse damage significantly, make it so all attacks get the "projectile" procs when standing in it, and add a boon for allies standing in it. That way it can synergize in melee or at range equally for any OH weapon you use with it, except maybe shield.
  4. Another really cool skill. It's fun and fast, and I appreciate the ammo! The only real problem is that its power budget seems to be dependent on using it with MH pistol #3. What happens if I take another MH? This skill would feel underwhelming with a sword or scepter. For this reason, and because #2 Peacekeeper already acts like other multi-hit OH weapon attacks, #2 and #4 should be switched.
  5. Another fun, cool skill with some major mechanical issues. It's clunky as kitten. It would feel much smoother if we channel it and release the projectile by holding and releasing the 5 button. I can see why manually detonating the projectile can be advantageous sometimes, but it just adds to the clunk. It should detonate on hit, with maybe the option to manually detonate early.

So overall, very fun, but both weapons have some feel bad mechanics that would just suck and gnaw on me if they make it to release.

TL;DR: 

1. #3 should center on your target at range, or get reworked to grant a boon instead of any real damage and so all attack skills can benefit from standing in it, regardless of target location.
  2. #5 is too clunky. Hold and released to channel and fire. Auto-detonate at target, please.
  3. #3 and #4 synergize too well to consider different weapon matches. #2 and #4 should be switched so Hail of Justice can stay with the symbol when using different OH weapons. #2 works like other OH weapon attacks anyway, so balancing between weapon choices would be easier.

EDIT: I forgot to add the knockback on #5 is fun to see but really annoying for practical use. We want enemies at range clumped. We don't want to spread them out. A knockdown would be more beneficial. Although it would be fun to blast them apart and then drag them back in with Heated Rebuke, but that's an edge case.

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

These are the current channel phases of pistol.

• 1st channel: Quick double press on #5 for a fast fire knockback on who ever it hits first in its Line of Sight (pet, clone, etc)
  • 2nd channel: Press #5 once, press again once you hear the second 'whistle' sound to have it ignore everyone except the target you are looking at.
  • 3rd channel: Press #5 once, it will automatically fire when it finishes the full cycle. THEN press it a second time when you THINK it is at the right area to land the knockback.
    The 3rd channel's 2x burn damage only happens if the projectile passes through your target. It will definitely cause 2x burning on every target it passes through.
    Odds are your target will only get knocked back without the burst burning because it does not get pierced by the orb itself.

I really like the mechanics of these except the third channel will be used seldomly for burn guards who will NEVER detonate it because you would want the orb to actually pierce the target you are on, to give it the burn spike. So detonating it would be meaningless if you want to deal any kind of Burn damage to not just the target you are on but to every person it pierces. It just isn't worth sweating on trying to detonate the orb right when you see it pierce... it's too much of a mechanical hassle for such a small reward.

I would like to see some form of raw power damage (higher than just 9 damage...) on the final channel when you detonate the #3 correctly. That would give it a reward for channeling it fully and detonating it on the target properly.

• Thanks 1

Feedback for Guardian pistols:

Overall it is a weaponset that has potential. The damage is there for sure, and gunslinging Guardians are a fun fantasy. 
With that said, any condi weapon for Guardian is held back heavily by torch and the related Radiant Fire trait.
It is simply so strong that there is no point in taking any other off-hand because you not just lose out on torch, but also on being able to proc torch #4 twice. 
This is relevant in my opinion for pistol because mainhand and offhand both have a desirable skill (pretty much crucial) to make the DPS work, but torch design means it is very hard to justify to bring both. 

Skills:

Pistol 1 seems okay. A bit strange that a guardian pistol does not burn on auto, but maybe that would break the weapon when combo'd with firefields/pistol 3/Willbender F1.

Pistol 3 (the symbol) is obviously the big selling point of mainhand pistol, igniting every hit used within to stack a load of burns.
Unfortunately pistol 2 does not work well with pistol 3. I am not sure if it is buggy or intended, but I seem to trigger way less burns than I'd expect, maybe because of how it is coded. 
This means that to get the most out of pistol 3 you want to shoot pistol 4, which is on the off-hand....competing with the torch hegemony. 
And that is a problem.

On the long term I would say to rebalance guardian torch and its related trait.
For now, I think mainhand pistol could carve out its place for the supreme condi mainhand if you would switch pistol 2 and pistol 4 (so current off-hand pistol 4 becomes mainhand pistol 2 and vice versa). Then you can fix or figure out what to do with off-hand pistol after rebalancing torch.

Pistol 5 looks cool, but is also very awkard to use. The charge mechanic felt clunky to me and very uninituitive on top of feeling like any mild elevation in the terrain would cause it to miss or disappear. I am also unsure that if the charge mechanic would be made less clunky and tracking improved if it would be worth to use this. Considering the root and cast time the damage and burning does not seem to be worth it. And scattering mobs is not great in PvE either, a knockdown would be a better bet.

For PvP/WvW the common complaint is that the weapon has zero hard defenses within the set. While guardian has a lot of defense baked into the base class I do understand this complaint and thus want to pass it along.

TL;DR: Cool idea, damage seems to be largely there, but held back by torch and torch trait,  pistol 2 either buggy or meh, would be better to switch pistol 2 and 4, pistol 5 is awkward to use and does not seem to be worth it, PvP is missing defense on the weapon.

Personally disappointed with this weapon set…it seems like the devs were tunnel visioned when making them as if it’s one weapon, this needs to be addressed as two standalone weapons first. There isn’t much synergy when mixing with other weapons and I kind of feel like it is not a “Guardian” weapon. No Boons, no combo finishers, no reason to take OH pistol over torch unless dual wielding for skill 3 + 4 which locks build potential due the skill placement…a lot has been stated already that I agree with but I will summarize what I feel would be beneficial.

PISTOL MAIN-HAND:
Skill#1
- “Through the Heart” - whatever, it’s an AA it’s no problem (but it is bland like scepter) except it should have a projective combo finisher (20%) just like LB

Skill#2 - “Peacekeeper” - This should actually follow the same format as EVERY one handed weapons and make it “Symbol of Ignition”. Add a boon (quickness) and drop at enemy (this benefits you for the ignition while helping teammates in melee range with boon plus gives the option to jump into melee range yourself and still benefit from your symbol)

Skill#3 - “Symbol of Ignition” - This skill slot should have actually been “Hail of Justice”. Get rid of the charge count and make it a single skill with 10 second cooldown…ONLY give the 2 count maximum IF you are dual wielding pistols…doesn’t that seem obvious?!?…

PISTOL OFF-HAND:

Skill#4 - “Hail of Justice” - this skill slot should have been “Peacekeeper” as a result of the previous changes. 

Skill#5 - “Jurisdiction” - Poor thought process here. It’s been said already but the chosen CC is bad design. There are great ideas previously mentioned in this thread so I won’t as to the mix, I’ll just repeat that knockback should not exist on a weapon with all skills being multi-targeting. Also would make sense for this to be a blast finisher.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Strike damage should be increased for “Peacekeeper” (significantly if placed in skill 4 slot) and “Hail of Justice” (especially if no strike damage increases then it should be a projectile combo finisher in the least)

To me, this seems like the easiest approach to fixing these weapons with minimal major changes. No need to create new skills, just move them around and change some numbers. I hope feedback from this thread is heard, there are a lot of great ideas here.

• Like 2

Instanced PVE perspective:

After basically doing strikes and easier raid wings twice on it as well as after spending some at golem, Kitty really likes the pistols. And yeah, while the "symbol on self"-design of pistol 3 might feel counter-intuitive on ranged weapon, it does seem like a good way to prevent people from just kiting away. Therefore naturally adding a price that would otherwise have to be paid with lower numbers due to higher DPS uptime. Though even then, Kitty would shave 20% of the burn damage away from main-hand pistol skills as the off-hand is currently overshadowed by torch but Kitty can still do 10% higher damage (37k at golem) on condi p+p willbender (no torch) just spamming skills off-CD compared to similar builds like Condi Scepter+Dagger Deadeye that requires some serious brain athletics. (34.5k at golem with way more practise required) 

The new/expansion weapon mobility and power creep has been quite steady. If you are going to continue in this direction then core weapons need review from time to time. When comparing main hand pistol to scepter the difference is embarrassing. If the pistol ended up in the current or similar state in the final release of new weapons, then almost no one will use scepter again. Scepter is just straight up slower, more clunky and has way less damage output potential compared to pistol in all game modes. 

This is a recurring frustrating theme of new weapons leaving the old ones in the dust. 

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

The new/expansion weapon mobility and power creep has been quite steady. If you are going to continue in this direction then core weapons need review from time to time. When comparing main hand pistol to scepter the difference is embarrassing. If the pistol ended up in the current or similar state in the final release of new weapons, then almost no one will use scepter again. Scepter is just straight up slower, more clunky and has way less damage output potential compared to pistol in all game modes. 

This is a recurring frustrating theme of new weapons leaving the old ones in the dust. 

(sPvP) I respect your input but that is only true if you are Condi Guard. If power bursts, Scepter outdamages Mainhand Pistol by a lot and Scepter#3's CC is eons more helpful than Pistol#3. That said a lot of guardians don't like Scepter and will never touch it for whatever reason. I personally prefer Scepter/Pistol & Sword/Sword.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

(sPvP) I respect your input but that is only true if you are Condi Guard. If power bursts, Scepter outdamages Mainhand Pistol by a lot and Scepter#3's CC is eons more helpful than Pistol#3. That said a lot of guardians don't like Scepter and will never touch it for whatever reason. I personally prefer Scepter/Pistol & Sword/Sword.

Main problem of scepter are the PvE projectiles. PvP & WvW players can outrun those orbs with just mere swiftness, don't even have to dodge. After so much mobility creep in the past years, projectiles moving at walking pace work in PvE only...

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Like 3

Certainly a clear winner of professions.  I find the symbol at your feet perfectly fine - if you are standing in it, all your projectiles burn, whereas if the enemy moves out of it, it does nothing.  Double bonus if you drop it in melee.  There's the tradeoff.  Love the feel of 5, but yes, choosing when to detonate it when the hitbox is questionable could be improved.

14 hours ago, Matt H.6142 said:

Certainly a clear winner of professions.  I find the symbol at your feet perfectly fine - if you are standing in it, all your projectiles burn, whereas if the enemy moves out of it, it does nothing.  Double bonus if you drop it in melee.  There's the tradeoff.  Love the feel of 5, but yes, choosing when to detonate it when the hitbox is questionable could be improved.

What if you use any other OH besides pistols? Where will the projectiles come from? Symbol at your feet is not "fine" then.

Also, offensive skills are not generally balanced by tradeoffs. (Although I would support that design if the devs got on board with it.) They are balanced by golem numbers, so with the current design, a guard standing in melee and getting all procs and strike damage will determine final balance when devs do their updates. If the strike damage doesn't take a nerf (as I suggested above), the projectile buff will and kill the ranged functionality. That is the concern here.

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

What if you use any other OH besides pistols? Where will the projectiles come from? Symbol at your feet is not "fine" then.

What other OH is there for damage? In PvP I can tell you that Pistol/Pistol is going to be the meta for every condi guard spec, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you're power bursts then you're not going to take mainhand Pistol anyways because it's not great for raw damage..  BUT you can take offhand pistol just fine.

If there is any kind of gripes for Pistol#3, it's the fact that Zeal's trait Symbolic Power royally sucks. It's not worth stacking symbols unless a person goes AFK.

Edited by Saiyan.1704

I'm primarily a PvE player, though I've dabbled in WvW and PvP with Guardian.

Generally speaking, I can see the idea here, but the execution is off.

Mainhand
S1: No real notes here, bleeding and piercing shots are cool. Maybe consider having this be a 'double-tap' skill (i.e. two shots closer together, then a break) to differentiate it from other pistol autos (the pistol seems to be more of a 'focus' for magic than an actual tool firing bullets, what with the lasers and fire, so we don't have to pretend we're reloading here).
S2: A good skill, multi-hit is always great for Guardian. However, its lack of interaction with the S3 means it should swap places with the offhand S4 (or just make it work with the Symbol).
S3: Cool idea, bad execution. No boons, so it breaks tradition with symbols as a whole. It casts at my feet, but does damage (so it wants me in melee, negating the benefit of 900 range). It empowers shots that go through it, so I'm supposed to play around its location, but it doesn't last long enough to really make use of that (33% uptime baseline). Either make this a ground-target skill (to be in line with all other ranged weapon symbols for Guardian), have it be an attack that drops the symbol underneath your target (so it'll work fine for most PvE and encourages movement versus Pistol Guardians in competitive modes), or something new... tether the symbol to the player like Scrapper Gyros function (for this option, remove strike damage from the symbol entirely, but definitely still give it a boon).

Offhand
S4: Solid skill, needs its base damage increased to be useful outside of Symbol of Ignition. The fact that it has charges is very 'meh' to me, I'd honestly prefer it to have a 6-8 second cooldown with maybe another shot or two thrown in.
S5: Really cool animation, but entirely too complicated to use. Damage is weighted on charge level 3, but has the old Flamethrower S2 mechanical issue (you want the projectile to pass through your target before detonating in order to get more damage). You removed it from Flamethrower because it sucked to micromanage, please don't add it back here. The projectile should simply detonate when hitting a target regardless of charge level. Definitely increase the damage in competitive modes, a charge as long as this should feel rewarding to pull off. Perhaps consider trading the knockback for knockdown/stun, considering issues with AoE fields (or wait for the community at large to understand that they don't need to use skills that knock things out of AoE fields for DPS).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

What other OH is there for damage? In PvP I can tell you that Pistol/Pistol is going to be the meta for every condi guard spec, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you're power bursts then you're not going to take mainhand Pistol anyways because it's not great for raw damage..  BUT you can take offhand pistol just fine.

If there is any kind of gripes for Pistol#3, it's the fact that Zeal's trait Symbolic Power royally sucks. It's not worth stacking symbols unless a person goes AFK.

The torch is still a good pick for condi and hybrid damage builds, especially when running Radiance. It would be nice if I could pair it with the MH pistol for a short/mid-range situations beyond 240 inches.

The focus is rather popular for single target builds and roaming in WVW, especially with celestial builds. Shield of Wrath can be very effective, and Ray of Judgment would be sweet if it got Ignition procs at range.

The OH sword is popular for both OW and WVW for its mix of damage, mobility, and CC. It doesn't have the problem the other OH weapons do though, since it will always get the procs from all attacks inside the symbol. All good here, I think.

Bottom line, making the symbol proc for all attacks instead of just projectiles increases build diversity for very little cost and just slightly rebalancing the symbol. It also means you don't have a useless skill if you pick the other OH ranged weapons per your preference. Your last sentence says it all, just apply it to other weapons. If the symbol got reworked/balanced to give burns on all skills, pistol might still be best, BUT you can take torch/focus just fine. 😉

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not gonna go too deep into this, I played with the beta guardian for a while and did not find the gameplay exciting and fun, which I think should be priority before adding new weapons for specs. It just did not feel like something I want to play as a guardian.

I always found it strange that guardian does not have any viable shield build for open world content. It is a guardian, it should be a tank by nature while when new players look for class guides online most of the time it says guardian does not have good defense, survivebility, etc. 

I would rather see revamp of sword/shield/greatsword core guardian than some pistol nonsense that does not fit the fantasy of the class.

• Confused 2

I rather liked this weapon set overall, it feels pretty in line with the rest of guardian weapons and is refreshingly straightforward after trying some of the other new weapons on offer this beta. That said there is some weirdness in the design. First the requisite guardian Symbol skill. It is worded quite oddly and makes you think it only inflicts burning if you are shooting at or attacking targets that are inside the AoE but in fact it inflicts burning on every projectile fired while within it. This means you miss out on strike damage from the skill by using it at range but do still benefit from the burning it applies. Very confusing. Second skill 5 with it's inconsistent functionality. I appreciate being able to fire it off early for reduced effect but it's very clunky to have that functionality but then also having to manually detonate the blast with another flip over skill.  

My critiques for this weapon set:

1. Rewrite the symbol skill's description to illustrate that you can stand in it and shoot at targets outside of it and inflict burning that way.
  2. Make skill 5 detonate when it hits a target or make it ground targeted, it's too clunky as is.

As a final aside, please update scepter. This condition oriented weapon is doing more strike damage than scepter.

10 hours ago, Bastien.5891 said:

I am not gonna go too deep into this, I played with the beta guardian for a while and did not find the gameplay exciting and fun, which I think should be priority before adding new weapons for specs. It just did not feel like something I want to play as a guardian.

I always found it strange that guardian does not have any viable shield build for open world content. It is a guardian, it should be a tank by nature while when new players look for class guides online most of the time it says guardian does not have good defense, survivebility, etc. 

I would rather see revamp of sword/shield/greatsword core guardian than some pistol nonsense that does not fit the fantasy of the class.

I think this is largely a consequence of mentality. You can take shield, and it will increase your survivability, but most "open world" builds are either designed for soloing champions, or are raid builds modified for meta events on the theory that you'll just burn through anything else. Shield does have its uses in open world, but you have to know when and how. If the enemy doesn't have projectiles, cannot be knocked back, and doesn't rely on single hits that can be blocked by aegis, though, it's pretty much a glorified breakbar source, and guardian has more efficient ways of doing that.

That said, if you do want to play tanky and you're not planning to solo champions that overwhelm aegis through volume of hits, there are ways to do it. Running shield, Shattered Aegis, possibly Pure of Heart, and as many aegis sources as you can squeeze in can be fun - I did that with willbender for EoD story and found it fairly smooth running. Hammer with all the symbol traits can be pretty tough in situations where you have constant ticking of damage that stops aegis from being useful. And guardian has possibly the widest range of projectile hate in the game - Ventari's bubble lasts longer, but that requires committing an entire legend. Most of the guides, though, tend to be looking for either maximum DPS or the ability to solo legendaries with not much in between.

Guardian pistols seem to have drastically lower power scaling than other guardian weapons, even other condition damage weapons like axe and torch. The biggest thing I was hoping guardian pistols would do is provide a more practical alternate power offhand weapon for open world use, since focus is rather passive and unengaging. It didn't even need to be a good power offhander, just one that was usable... but guardian pistol offhand is laughably low damage for power. The condition damage on pistols, especially the burst, is great, but the poor power scaling and low duration symbol leaves no room for anything other than condition damage willbender. Also, it would be nice if the 2 skill had a bit wider of a hitbox, so it would be a more bread and butter cleave option instead of a thin linear one. 

• Like 1

The auto attack is a little lackluster. Would like to see a boost to damage and projectile speed. Don't really care about the bleeding at all. 

The beam attack feels unwieldy. I would prefer a cone attack over a beam attack. 

For skill 3 if the projectiles that move through the symbol now deal fire damage, please make the combo field Fire and not Light. 

Skill 5 has too long of a charge time. It does look cool though. Add the Defiance Bar damage to all levels, but increase the amount done depending on the charge.

Quick Feedback:

Skill 1: Projectiles are too slow. Damage feels low. I don't care about bleeding, but if it needs to be there we should get a bonus to bleeding if the target is also on fire. Piercing is nice. 

Skill 2: Please make a cone attack, not a beam attack

Skill 3: For consistency based on what the attack skill does, could it please be a FIRE field and not a light field? Increase the length by a second or two. It feels like a vital part of the weapon set. 

Skill 4: Again, bleeding on Guardian is meh, but if it needs to be there give it bonus damage if the target is on fire. I like the piercing.  The power of the attack needs to be increased.

Skill 5: Put defiance damaged at all levels, but increase with charge Allow for quicker charge. Increase damage. 

Overall: I like the idea of laying a symbol and having it influence what projectiles do. Feels more like a trait, but can work with it on the pistol. Since Guard has some good interplay with vulnerability, maybe give an extra bonus to bleeds if Vulnerable. 

Glad to see the dual pistols I mentioned a few years back on here being envisioned for guardian. The preliminary skills and concept is good, but finetuning for each skill is needed for the playstyle to feel slightly less clunky. 

Skill 1: Feels weightless for filler usage with only 1 bleeding stack, perhaps increase the bleeding to 2 stacks to match axe or have it also inflict 1 vulnerability at low duration to increase impact temporarily.

Skill 2: As many suggested, it would make more sense for this to be on slot 4 for the off hand pistol for the sake of main hand pistol as a standalone weapon. For this, slightly increased cooldown and burning stacks would be a good tradeoff to fit as a slot 4 skill. I really like the freedom of the beam being castable in any direction and also hope the sound fx can be differentiated for release.

Skill 3: The symbol duration is too short to get the intended impact out of the skill even with quickness, perhaps increase the duration to 6 seconds considering the cooldown is already 1.5x longer that the other main hand weapon symbols. As many suggested, the symbol should be ground targetable similar to scepter 2 since the current limitation feels like a waste of symbol tick damage and hits in many scenarios. A lack of boons on the symbol feels very unthematic for the guardian and I would suggest adding either might or quickness(at low duration). The quickness would synergies with the need to get skills off quickly for the ignition while also not having impact in coordinated pve damage numbers where quickness is already maintained by the group. 

Skill 4: As stated above, moving Hail of Justice to skill 2 allows the main hand pistol to combo independently while allowing off hand pistol to exist in a similar state to torch as a different take on a damaging condi off hand. As tradeoff to being a slot 2 skill, perhaps consider lowering count recharge to 7-8s. The radius of cast on this skill can often feel clunky after being able to freely rotate with Peacekeeper and Jurisdiction since it can lead to the skill getting cancelled and going on full count recharge, perhaps slightly increase the turn radius from target while the skill is in use. 

Skill 5: Nice concept but playing it too safe with the payout for doing the full cast. Here I would suggest having the power damage from the skill be spread out into multiple hits during the cast time so that this can synergize with the many multi hit aspects of guardian. Perhaps have a beam similar to peacekeeper for this power damage multihit animation that results in the final fireball cast. I would also suggest this final fireball to be unblockable for the time needed to get it off.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hail of Justice: Bug (Probably).

Doesn't autoface or track moving targets very well, especially when standing still.

If you stand still and use it on a target behind then sometimes your character will turn around but not fire, a charge will be consumed and go on cooldown.

Or, if you are firing at a target that runs around you or past you and they move out of the narrow forward firing range your character will not track the target and will stop firing mid-channel.

On 12/2/2023 at 9:33 PM, Bastien.5891 said:

Mmm… this is a feedback regarding the new weapon. What the f*** is the feedback value of saying you don’t like guardian for beta weapon feedback?! 

• Thanks 1

Guardian using a pistol is bad enough, but two? This is without a doubt the worst weapon decision for guardian, it doesn't fit the holy knight / paladin theme at all. Anyways, here are my thoughts on the weapons:

Through the Heart (pistol 1): no changes needed.
Peacekeeper (pistol 2): reduce the number of targets from 5 to 3 and change its angle to a cone so you have to aim at enemies.
Symbol of Ignition (pistol 3): can apply a lot of burn stacks with skills like Peacekeeper and Whirling Light, so increase the ignition time from 0.25 to 0.5 seconds.
Hail of Justice (pistol 4): remove the cripple. This skill already applies bleed, pierces targets and it's an ammo skill, the cripple would make it more annoying to deal with.
Jurisdiction (pistol 5): reduce the charge time from 2 to 1.5 seconds and make the blue fire ball knockback enemies only when it's fully charged.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Josif.2015 said:

Guardian using a pistol is bad enough, but two? This is without a doubt the worst weapon decision for guardian, it doesn't fit the holy knight / paladin theme at all. Anyways, here are my thoughts on the weapons:

Through the Heart (pistol 1): no changes needed.
Peacekeeper (pistol 2): reduce the number of targets from 5 to 3 and change its angle to a cone so you have to aim at enemies.
Symbol of Ignition (pistol 3): can apply a lot of burn stacks with skills like Peacekeeper and Whirling Light, so increase the ignition time from 0.25 to 0.5 seconds.
Hail of Justice (pistol 4): remove the cripple. This skill already applies bleed, pierces targets and it's an ammo skill, the cripple would make it more annoying to deal with.
Jurisdiction (pistol 5): reduce the charge time from 2 to 1.5 seconds and make the blue fire ball knockback enemies only when it's fully charged.

I'd like you to meet two friends of mine. Virtue and Justice. They never miss.