They are selling hero points in the gem store now

3 minutes ago, LikeRaven.1348 said:

I've been skipping the HP with WvW currency for ages , have no clue why ppl are so triggered now . 

You still have to play the game to earn those, it's just a different process and potentially using a different character. This doesn't require playing the game at all to use.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

I don't know how to feel about this...

So now apparently you can buy an item that allows you to complete a hero challenge in any expansion. Pay some money, skip the hero challenge and get the points. Plus bonus, makes map completion easier cause you don't have to do them now, you can just pay money to complete it.

I don't know. Feels like a slippery slope. I'm curious why they thought to add this to the gem store. Just buy the power, no need to earn it now.

Hmm...

yeah I made a joke post about it, as I said there, we prob getting pois and vistas too, so entire map comp will be buyable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

the sad part about that is people confusing emote lol, wake up man, anet is going shady here

Yeah, best to just ignore those. We got no dislike/facepalm, so they just use those instead. And people troll the forums doing nothing but those for no reason.

Someone asked a question earlier if it was a random hero point or they could pick, and I just answered their question and let them know it was random. Got three "dislikes" for just trying to be helpful and answer someone's question lol.

So yeah, they mean nothing. Just ignore them.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

Even if people don't care about this addition, noob traps like these should not exist. Ever.
The same can be said about all the noob traps in the Wizard's Vault and the hero's choice chests but this time we are talking about real money.

yeah... people might quit over this

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, LikeRaven.1348 said:

I've been skipping the HP with WvW currency for ages , have no clue why ppl are so triggered now . 

Because it allows people to bypass gameplay at the expense of wasting a lot of their money, we don't have any other item like this in the game, oh wait....

11 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

the sad part about that is people confusing emote lol, wake up man, anet is going shady here

You can buy WP unlocks since late 2017. Level80 boosts have been around since 2016. Repair Canisters are still in the game since release. So, stop acting like Anet suddenly started adding junk like this.

2 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

yeah... people might quit over this

Just like they did over mounts, or Soto, or WV?

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Not really. I don't see where I gain advantage over others and save hours of gameplay by paying gems for HPs, so, yeah, low effort.

I get ur point, but right now we have: buy gold, buy gear, buy some achievs, buy bags, buy bank, buy everything on tp, buy waypoints, buy hero points, so yeah a very big gameplay time can be skipped here and we just got 1 more little skip to it in the form of a noob trap

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

46 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

I got 2 friends into the game because of today's beta (they liked mesmer rifle) and when they pressed O, they insta quit, I even tried to convince then but yeah, no success. seasoned players know the impact isn't even that huge... but anyways ur buying even more progress than we already can, sorry o7

That's impressive, considering beta characters can't open the Trading Post. Also, the hero point scroll is discussed in the BLTC blog post for today and is one of the first things shown on the TP when you open it, so I'm not sure you can say they "stealthed" it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Assolador.3598 said:

I get ur point, but right now we have: buy gold, buy gear, buy some achievs, buy bags, buy bank, buy everything on tp, buy waypoints, buy hero points, so yeah a very big gameplay time can be skipped here and we just got 1 more little skip to it in the form of a noob trap

While you are right about this, in a way, it can be skipped for real money, ALL of this can be also skipped with golds and all you have to do is do lets say silverwastes all over again. Some people complain about skipping content but all all these things does is skip the time and NONE of it is pay to win, never ever was in this game cause everything you can just buy with in game currency.

It can be unfair to some, maybe, but anyone who consider this pay to win have no clue what it means and is using the term just because they like it I guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Welcome to Whale wars. I already see the change for the last few years. This is again a item (like the paid level booster and wp unlocks) that is pay to progress. Its obvious that Arenanet has permanently changed since the mass layoffs 4 years ago. The heavy NC Soft influence is noticable since that time. Add to that the decrease in creativity and productivity, a lot of recycling, minimals unique assets and functionality since EOD and even more since SOTO, compare that to HOT, POF, LS3 and LS4. The narrowing of PVE design to a minimal level. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

Even if people don't care about this addition, noob traps like these should not exist. Ever.
The same can be said about all the noob traps in the Wizard's Vault and the hero's choice chests but this time we are talking about real money.

Why do you even call this a noob trap? Very early in the game you learn that doing HPs is pretty easy, I can not imagine any new player, coming to the game and instantly buying all HPs for money. If they do then well....up to them, they probably have enough money and Anet deserve it in that case. If anything I would call it stupid trap and not noob trap. Cause if you buy it, it is all you are.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SpyderArachnid.5619 said:

Not everyone does PvP/WvW. That NPC doesn't mean much to those that don't engage in that content. And besides, that NPC sells things for in game currency that you earn. You worked for that currency and rewarded yourself for your work by buying HP unlocks.

It's a bit different than just opening your wallet and swiping to have your HPs done. No effort and faster to boot.

The HP unlock can be acquired via in game earned currency (gold) as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1