gift of battle

Dangerous War.9621

Actually no. There are legendary items for every game mode. If you want them, play the mode. I am mostly in WvW and have the same issue with PvE items. I had to learn about Wings and a lot of other stuff. And most legendary items are in PvE. Sorry, that's the game. 

Edited by Ares Alpha.6725
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Why would you have your teeth pulled, when you could just buy the legendary weapon?

The only reason to play WvW if you don't like it is if you want easy dailies or if you're building a gen 2 weapon, or conflux.

Especially with the stuff from the wizard's vault lowering the price of legendaries. I bought Quip and saved me 10+ hours of map completion and whatever other nonsense.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Another Gift of Battle complaint letter where everyone rehashes all the same old for/against arguments.  Never fails.  xD

Just suck it up, pop boosters, and ktrain in WvW.  Couldn't be easier these days now that reward track progression has increased.  You can even end up with enough jade to buy your Hero Challenges from the WvW vendor instead of spending gems!

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I swear the gw2 pve playerbase is the only mmo playerbase I see get upset when they are asked to play the game to get the best items.

Do these people complain that they have to 100% a game to get platinum on psn too?

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dangerous War.9621 said:

Need to come out with another way of getting the gift of battle besides wvw. Something that involves pve for those of us that cant stand wvw or pvp. I rather have all my teeth pulled with no antisea than play wvw or pvp bewcause that is not my kind of fun. And ALOT of people thnk my way too

Why? Or what can we agree to in trade for GoBs for the PvE style of GoE(s) in their various forms? A lot of people have agreed over time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dangerous War.9621 said:

Need to come out with another way of getting the gift of battle besides wvw. Something that involves pve for those of us that cant stand wvw or pvp.

You need like what, 1 or 2 hours for a Gift of Battle, flipping some camps here and there or running around with a commander - something you can do while watching a movie or something. Meanwhile us WvW enjoyers need to spend HOURS (if you aren't actively using an optimized route, it's going to be well over 10 hours) doing mind numbing map completion (hearts are so boring) for the Gift of Exploration. I want a WvW-only way to get a GoE then.

Edited by ZenDrake.8316
  • Like 2

I'm conflicted on this entire design:

* On one hand I like that crafting a Legendary requires you to play all the play modes to some extent (to master them). In theory I think this is a good thing, for an optional vanity item (and every single one is ugly to boot).
* On the other hand, the tasks you have to do to get the PVE ones are... beyond asinine. Those .... "hearts"... are.... yeah I'd rather do a few expensive trips to the dentist. (Compared the WvW one is super quick and easy!)
* But mostly, I'm more and more in favor of just deleting/removing all legendaries. I see them mostly as something that creates strife between players (like in this thread), or used to troll others in game with all the ugly looking skins and glitter stuff. I see the legendaries as mostly toxic/negative/conflict design.
* That, and they're all ugly as sin.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

While I have all the GoB (and GoE) I'll likely ever need, I also never think it is a good idea for games to make players play game modes they really don't enjoy.  What it will likely do is just make them quit playing the game and play something else instead (if I'm doing something on my limited free time, it should be something I enjoy doing, not something I find annoying).

Sure, legendaries are not required to play the game, but it is a valid (and one of the few) end game goals people may set up for themselves.  If the suggestion above to remove all legendaries form the game happened, I'd think there might be a noticeable number of GW2 players who quit because it becomes  'what goal do I have now' situation.  And if that did happen, everyone who currently has a legendary would probably quit out of disgust/removal of something of great value to them.

I'm all for an exchange mechanism between the different gifts - I don't see any real harm in it, and it would seemingly make a good number of players happy.  Having happy players hardly seems like it would ever be a bad thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

https://fast.farming-community.eu/competitive/wvw-reward-track

As you can see here, GoB makes only 1/3 the value of the Living Story reward tracks.

I only ran gob track cause of the extra memories, but since they've tanked in prices and I don't really need extras at the moment I guess I really should farm a different track now. 😏

14 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I only ran gob track cause of the extra memories, but since they've tanked in prices and I don't really need extras at the moment I guess I really should farm a different track now. 😏

Well that only depends if you care about gold efficiency. Some people despise the clutter other reward tracks give, such as containers that force you to select things one at a time. Your sanity is also a cost.

Like that site used to always recommend Maguuma Wastes as profitable but it involves you doing some kitten with Dry Top and seeing that makes me instantly discard that option. The game gives you so much just by playing it that I don't feel people have to chase gold. And yes, I suppose WvW has ok gold/hour now too with reward track buffs, though it did come at a cost.

The game has so little Vertical Progression so it basically means once you're geared, there's very little difference having 1k gold or10k gold. Of course, having 10k gold would feel better but that just means more random gem store items, ascended feasts, and throwing guild siege on guildies that fall off a cliff (and Grimm). Wait, oops.

edit: Also WvWers should probably disable Mystic  Clovers calculation on the site. There's an option up top. Funny enough, this is acutally another complaint PvErs have that WvWers may not realize unless you are a true degen legendary spammer.

15 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, so is there any case where you might see an exchange in currencies? I claim PvX status though 90% of it be in WvW. So is there any ground to allow trades?

Gift of Exploration. is the only fair exchange. 
if it isn't too much trouble, need to give 1 achievement point every time we get a chest in WvW because there isn't any achievement point anymore to get from WvW while there are tons of it to be had in PvE 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

4 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

While I have all the GoB (and GoE) I'll likely ever need, I also never think it is a good idea for games to make players play game modes they really don't enjoy.  What it will likely do is just make them quit playing the game and play something else instead (if I'm doing something on my limited free time, it should be something I enjoy doing, not something I find annoying).

The problem is that "game mode I don't enjoy" is entirely subjective. What if someone decides they don't enjoy any content that involves more than pressing 1? Or leaving the city at all? Being able to arbitrarily remove content because one doesn't like it doesn't make much sense.

And the problem is the goalposts keep moving. For example, people want to stick to only pve, but throw a fit when instanced content is required, and write all kinds of mental gymnastics on why it's not pve.

The quantity of each can be questioned, for example now Gift of Battle is easier to obtain. However, refusing to do anything regardless of quantity is pretty much strict entitlement.

And people threatening to leave the game over stuff like this? Well, honestly that seems to be an overestimation of one's own personal impact on the game. This isn't a subscription based game and it is rather unlikely such entitled people really would have much impact anywhere in the game.

Like it or not, it's been this way for 11 years, and enough players go through WvW to make this a non-issue. One cannot just dismiss WvW as a simple niche game mode.  You don't see them putting sPvP requirements in legendaries for a good reason. *cough Cornerstone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

And the problem is the goalposts keep moving. For example, people want to stick to only pve, but throw a fit when instanced content is required, and write all kinds of mental gymnastics on why it's not pve.

This reminds me of Anet now releasing an open world legendary armor set.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This reminds me of Anet now releasing an open world legendary armor set.

Well I think that can be divided into 2 groups:

1.) Casual players that suddenly had this dumped in their lap and now have something to work on. But this is not the whining group since they probably didn't care about legendaries in the first place. They may get it eventually.

2.) The legendary coveters that ran out of excuses and need to go out to buy another tank of copium on why they can't get anything done.

Overall I still think it is a net positive for casuals. But for types that want high end rewards without putting in the equivalent effort, nothing will change.

Again, much could be debated on the actual grind of the problem, but some people as always refuse to put even the slightest bit of effort to consider trying.

• Like 2