Soulbeast One-shot Combo with Jade Cannon

Mell.4873

I saw a video on Reddit (I believe) about using the new merged Jade Bot skill with "Sic Em" to one shot player with the Jade Cannon from the merged Turtle. 

I tried it myself with Longbow. I have had some success, but the main strength seems to be stun of the Jade Cannon and the fact it hits more than one target.

Anyone else had any luck?

Edited by Mell.4873

43 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I saw a video on Reddit (I believe) about using the new merged Jade Bot skill with "Sic Em" to one shot player with the Jade Cannon from the merged Turtle. 

I tried it myself with Longbow. I have had some success, but the main strength seems to be stun of the Jade Cannon and the fact it hits more than one target.

Anyone else had any luck?

Yup, but it’s so unreliable. Hits like 30% of the time since the projectile is so slow. It says 1200 range but you really have to be like 600 range for it to make contact. 1200 range only really works if the target is running away in a straight line.

Here is my cherry picked montage. I died like 10 times per 1 footage. Build is in the comment section

Edited by kiwituatara.6053
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Yup, but it’s so unreliable. Hits like 30% of the time since the projectile is so slow. It says 1200 range but you really have to be like 600 range for it to make contact. 1200 range only really works if the target is running away in a straight line.

Here is my cherry picked montage. I died like 10 times per 1 footage. Build is in the comment section

Would be really nice if we had these nice things with the pets that actually just worked XD
I've gone into fights where I have to mash the buttons for their skills sometimes before they actually fire off. *sigh*

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

Dude I think it was your video too that inspired me. 

Anyway even if it is not foolproof it is an amazing opener especially during small skirmishes when no one is taking any losses. I normally use an Untamed duel Longbow build but it is only really good if you get get off the Barrages to trigger Fireworks. Something like this suits more of a Dueling style of engagement. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Dude I think it was your video too that inspired me. 

Anyway even if it is not foolproof it is an amazing opener especially during small skirmishes when no one is taking any losses. I normally use an Untamed duel Longbow build but it is only really good if you get get off the Barrages to trigger Fireworks. Something like this suits more of a Dueling style of engagement. 

If you’re interested, I have a preload condi ranger build. It’s another gimmicky stupid build but I have fun with it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

How long before they nerf it to do zero damage in WvW and PvP because it's a CC?

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

How long before they nerf it to do zero damage in WvW and PvP because it's a CC?

Just the merged variant needs nerfing.  You'll be lucky if they don't obliterate Sic Em' completely though because of these types of videos.

regardless, they need to stop balancing pets around meme 1-shot montages when the pet itself can't actually do this.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kiwituatara.6053 said:

If you’re interested, I have a preload condi ranger build. It’s another gimmicky stupid build but I have fun with it.

You know what this is pretty similar to my Carrion PvP build. I have been wanting a variant of my Druid condition build so I might try this. 

On 12/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, kiwituatara.6053 said:

I have just been testing this, it is amazing with Staff since it pierces a lot of types of projectile reflection.

I run full Carrion, Trapper Runes, and the Corruption Sigil. I believe I get around 2300 Condition Damage.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I have just been testing this, it is amazing with Staff since it pierces a lot of types of projectile reflection.

I run full Carrion, Trapper Runes, and the Corruption Sigil. I believe I get around 2300 Condition Damage.

Yeah I went overboard with 2700 condi dmg just to see how much I can pump out. The build works well with full celestial as well, less meme but more wellrounded

On 12/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Just the merged variant needs nerfing.  You'll be lucky if they don't obliterate Sic Em' completely though because of these types of videos.

regardless, they need to stop balancing pets around meme 1-shot montages when the pet itself can't actually do this.

I do wonder sometimes how much they really do use videos like this as data for their balancing. Kiwituatara even states the footage is cherry picked, something I always question when people call a build in a montage "OP".

It certainly reflects my own experiences using similar builds, sometimes it just doesn't work and you get flattened. Since the builds are often so focused into what they do, if you miss your shot or the enemy doesn't die to it, you're left with nothing. When you line up clips of it actually working, which may be only 10% of a play session, of course it's going to look broken.

On top of that, Anet has something of a track record of nerfing part of a particular build or spec seemingly without actually taking into consideration all the other use cases for that skill.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I do wonder sometimes how much they really do use videos like this as data for their balancing.

They will but only if they already want to.

There's a bunch of videos showing how broken willbenders are but nothing is done about it, but the nanosecond a soulbeast uploads a video winning a 1v1 there's an alarm blaring in Anet's offices.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Silvoshipnos.2089 said:

They will but only if they already want to.

There's a bunch of videos showing how broken willbenders are but nothing is done about it, but the nanosecond a soulbeast uploads a video winning a 1v1 there's an alarm blaring in Anet's offices.

Which dev was bitten by someone's pet dog as a child to make them hate rangers so much?

• Like 1

Interesting, I'm gonna add that to my "Another bad excuse" list.

It's a meme build, you miss the oneshot and game over and if they didn't kill you when you miss the oneshot then they just suck, also you are forced to play a specific race.

Willbender just exists like that, it just plays and it's broken it doesn't even need to run a meme build.

Noone will nerf a build that such a super small fraction of the entire population of that community uses and most likely runs it once in who knows when.

4 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Which dev was bitten by someone's pet dog as a child to make them hate rangers so much?

It's because a pew pew soulbeast did Owp, sic'em, 4 & 2 on them once and they died because they didn't have a stunbreak. I think more recently they were the victim of a f2, f1 f3 smokescale-merged combo, which is why they removed the cc from the f1.

You know, these highly technical manufacturers that are very hard to avoid and justify nerfing soulbeast to the ground.

9 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I do wonder sometimes how much they really do use videos like this as data for their balancing. Kiwituatara even states the footage is cherry picked, something I always question when people call a build in a montage "OP".

It certainly reflects my own experiences using similar builds, sometimes it just doesn't work and you get flattened. Since the builds are often so focused into what they do, if you miss your shot or the enemy doesn't die to it, you're left with nothing. When you line up clips of it actually working, which may be only 10% of a play session, of course it's going to look broken.

On top of that, Anet has something of a track record of nerfing part of a particular build or spec seemingly without actually taking into consideration all the other use cases for that skill.

The verdict I have is the Jade Cannon from the merge turtle requires such a convoluted build it is useless. You essentially need to pump Power and Ferocity with no crit chance to even getting close to one shotting player.

The second build he showed with high Condition Damage is very possible with Carrion stats and it also provides you a lot of vitality. This is really good for dueling since people will dying without knowing what killed them. The only roaming build it cannot kill is Renegade since they come armed with a lot of condition cleanse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The verdict I have is the Jade Cannon from the merge turtle requires such a convoluted build it is useless.

The in-merge Heavy Shot deals less damage than other skills like Worldly Impact. To be able to even get close to one-shot damage with Heavy Shot, you have to run actual full DPS like pve level DPS on a glass cannon build that has 0 defenses, 0 cleanse, 0 utility and can't deal with being focused at all. If you run a build that is somehow pulling off 15ks - 17ks with Heavy Shot, that means you're automatically dead if anything targets you.

Posting that video is making people question of Heavy Shot one-shots are a thing, but it's really not a thing. These builds are about as effective as a Core Warrior stating full DPS for rifle one-shots. Pretty good description of its value/efficiency.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 12:28 AM, kiwituatara.6053 said:

I remember running something similar in the release of Soul beast, did you ever figured out that there was a recursive loop with Vulture stance? The interval was actually broken on vulture stance and wolf stance, so with predator onslaught you can burst someone down real hard with that build.

For those that don't know what a recursive loop, it is a never ending loop.

So the duration of vulture stance and One wolf pack it would work like this.

Hunter call's Activates Vulture stance and one wolf pack

One wolf pack proc vulture stance

anything that proc vulture stance will proc predator onslaught

Predator onslaught will activate vulture stance and one wolf pack

One wolf pack Proc vulture stance which proc predator onslaught which goes back to procing one wolf pack and vulture stance.

On 12/1/2023 at 6:47 PM, porkchopMCgee.6193 said:

Soon, next patch watch 

No.....it works like this:

1. Busted in PvP?.....nerfs the next patch
  2. Busted in PvE?...nerfs within 6 months
  3. Busted in roaming/small scale?...nerfs end of summer, in the next 8 months

So basically, you always need to pray something is worthless in PvP but useful everywhere else...it does delay the inevitable nerfs and at least you have time to have some fun

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The in-merge Heavy Shot deals less damage than other skills like Worldly Impact. To be able to even get close to one-shot damage with Heavy Shot, you have to run actual full DPS like pve level DPS on a glass cannon build that has 0 defenses, 0 cleanse, 0 utility and can't deal with being focused at all. If you run a build that is somehow pulling off 15ks - 17ks with Heavy Shot, that means you're automatically dead if anything targets you.

Posting that video is making people question of Heavy Shot one-shots are a thing, but it's really not a thing. These builds are about as effective as a Core Warrior stating full DPS for rifle one-shots. Pretty good description of its value/efficiency.

Well i agree... hence why I said it Useless since it requires you do something silly like pump Power and Ferocity and rely on a sigil to guarantee a critical hit.