Do you play beta characters?

Solvar.7953

Do you play Betas  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play Betas

• No
    • Yes, but not for the beta purpose - mostly to experiment with other things (wardrobe, builds, salvaging, etc)
    • Yes, but only for a short term to try out a build or two I might be interested
    • Yes, fully in, playing the beta a lot and providing feedback

16 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I am very disappointed when they put up beta tests with no proper skill icons. Makes me lose interest quickly in trying it out.

Huh? I thought the weapon proficiency update will be global, regardless of which expansion you own. 🤷‍♀️

Nah it will probabely be global if you own Soto.

HoT I played extensively,  though not sure I can recall what level of feedback I got involved with for it. I wanted to play Rev and put it through its paces as well as what I could get to in the new content. Since then I mostly use the betas, if I make any characters for it, to test weapons/specs for a little and then move on. Perhaps because since HoT I have at least one of every class and know I will unlock any new specialization/mechanic but don't have to use them if I don't prefer them.

Edited by synk.6907

15 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I tried some of them for a brief time, just a few minutes here and there to see what they're like. I have little interest in playing with beta characters for a long time.

The point of playing them is to let the developers know what needs to be fixed in what area of gameplay. is it any wonder this game is such a clusterfark when people wont test anything and give feedback, then complain when it goes live gg

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

The point of playing them is to let the developers know what needs to be fixed in what area of gameplay. is it any wonder this game is such a clusterfark when people wont test anything and give feedback, then complain when it goes live gg

u maybe new to the game, but ANET is known for ignoring player feedback. 

Also no need to guilt trip people into game bad bcs people don't want do free betatester for a game they bought

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

Yeah, I work as a Software Engineer, so if they want me to test their software they can pay me for it. I don't want a second job and I'm sure not spending my limited gaming time over less than a week trying to master new weapons enough to give good feedback on them.

I sincerely doubt they care about our opinions or feedback. This is more of a marketing exercise targeting those who don't own SotO yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

Combat in this game has gone downhill both PvP and PvE. I don't see any reason to "Beta Test" Classes since I don't think ANet is capable of remaking Core Classes which was and still is the best till this day. DareDevil and Marauder Rifle have been overpowered and uncounterable in PvP for many years now. Recently ANet made Willbender for Guardian which is just Thief on steroids. Guardian used to be a good powerhouse with both offensive and defensive skills, turning conditions into boons and still being able to hit hard with a Greatsword.

PvE is rather casual and its a good thing that it still is but I've seen other players do more damage than I do regardless I'm a double axe full DPS Warrior. To me GW2 can learn a thing or two from WoW on which classes are tanky while others do damage. Because despite being a complete glasscannon, this Charr with a Staff just default shooting with his 1 is doing more damage than my Whirling Axe on Berserk.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:48 AM, Tiviana.2650 said:

We are paying customers not their employees. Nothing wrong with playing beta and giving feedback. Also nothing wrong with just playing for fun if they give the option of open beta. But in no way can you blame it on paying customers if they release untested product.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2