FSP vs WSR - something must be wrong with the matchup system?

erKo.9586

Hi all! I never use the forums but today I coulnd't stay away.

I just want to know how Anets system is working to create matchups? 

https://ibb.co/2cvmzcD
https://ibb.co/qRsFP7q

This is during the day on a saturday, WSR put up so much siege at our spawn in EB that we couldn't pass with 10-15 players.
I mean if WSR have so many players more than us (FSP) how is the high tier servers lol?

/ A sad FSP player. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

Just now, Vardy.3592 said:

Everyone left FSP to go to other servers to dodge WSR.

Please clear out "everyone" 
And if a lot of guilds are leaving a server to avoid another server for another week of abuse, then there is something really wrong with the matchup. How can we be matched up with them again then? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's No time to balance for all these transfers and bad links, with only two weeks and 6 days left, but in the long run it's all for WR in the new year.

Its not because of WSR at all😂 It has to do with retards like ODIN and some brainless pugs following them. And when someone is going against community when they decided on something, theres no other way than just leaving. If u would read FSP discord for the past few weeks u would understand.

10 years later, from my experience  of the mass exodus from Desolation twice during that year, I'm not surprised this kind of drama still happens.

tl;dr Two of the biggest guilds on Deso back then, had drama with their own community and other guilds, they took players and commanders from the server and Community website with them, also other smaller guilds left, leaving a big void left, to have to fill from their loss. The community rebuilt itself though, because there was enough of a playerbase and population left.

Nowadays, there is no such thing, because many Guilds and players server hop, or switch accounts, leaving Servers dead, unless they become the next Bandwagon, because it's cheap to transfer.

In this current system though, you could see vabbi and FSP linked in under 3 weeks.

Edited by CrimsonOneThree.5682
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WSR server:

• All roamers run only uber cheese.
  • Ganking squads run 8:2 cheese ratio.
  • Ganking squads usually need a minimum of 5 people and maximum of 50.
  • Ganking squads only engage in 10v1 to have fair fights.
  • Blobbing 24/7.
  • Outnumber enemy most of the day.
  • "Some" guilds exploiting inside enemy objectives and porting their frandz.

Did I forget about anything? It's only observation from this week alone though. Skill wise is below average, thus outnumbering enemy I guess. 
Kinda amusing though, to run only cheese builds and still have problems in 2v1 situations or even 3+v1 is a amazing in itself, but when you guys still die in 3v1 situations I must say, you must have some sort of special talent.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, erKo.9586 said:

What have ODIN done? 

You'll never get an unbiased response to this, as nobody in ODIN will even respond to this matter. 

But they were asked to stop tagging up for the server, they asked for a community vote - which never publicly happened. So they kept on resuming what they've always did, play. Alot of drama followed, and everyone who followed them was branded as a brainless pug. Which is ironic as there tags were often accompanied with people from the same guild that is now discrediting them, but whatever right. 

In the end, it wouldn't have mattered anyway, as most of the people that left wouldn't have played anyway in this matchup. If you don't like this week, just don't play and do something else instead. 😘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

So who here wanted faster relinks?

Don't worry you get to redo all this in 3 weeks. 

🤭

In this case the faster relink period is acutally a blessing. The transfers out had nothing to with the current links - FSP was full and unlinked for 6 months and that in the end caused the drama that led to the exodus. FSP probably isn't "very high" anymore after this massive outflow. Under the old system you'd have to live with that underpopulated linking for two months.

55 minutes ago, Radamantys ITA.3896 said:

No one gave up. Nice try troll

Responding to him is a waste of time, he's just a local troll wannabe celebrity. All you'll get is bullying and crawling all over your acc including negative reactions to your comments no matter how old they are 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, erKo.9586 said:

Hi all! I never use the forums but today I coulnd't stay away.

I just want to know how Anets system is working to create matchups? 

https://ibb.co/2cvmzcD
https://ibb.co/qRsFP7q

This is during the day on a saturday, WSR put up so much siege at our spawn in EB that we couldn't pass with 10-15 players.
I mean if WSR have so many players more than us (FSP) how is the high tier servers lol?

/ A sad FSP player. 

The only person to blame for this is:   J A Z Z [Odin] 

Edited by Simo.6819
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

If you look at https://gw2mists.com/worlds/transfers, and filter transfers since relinks were announced, you will see transfers by people who have account linked there.

FSP lost 100 people, Vizunah (Whiteside Ridge link) gained 65 people.

In reality only maybe 1 out of 3 players have their API registered and are using that accounts API, so we can approximate that FSP lost 300 accounts and WSR gained 175. That is 475 people swing since relink.. And these players were active enough to care about transferring. Look at it positively: At least ANet made bank. Fair matchmaking isn't even nearly as important, right?

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

am pretty sure that more than 30% of players that actively play in guilds have their API registered. The gw2mists numbers for FSP leavers should be quite accurate.

You have to consider that lot of WvW players have alt accounts these days. They don't have multiple GW2mists account. We all know lot of veterans keep their alternative accounts on Whiteside Ridge and Fissure of Woe links. They are not using those accounts for GW2Mists. While lot of FSP might have been registered guild account mains, lot of the Vizunah incoming transfers were alt accounts.

Even [ODIN] has several people with accounts on multiple servers. There is no guarantee they linked their main account, or linked at all.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1