DRMs and Dungeon Rush [Merged]

Just now, notebene.3190 said:

It's not working. I did Brisbane twice and Metrica once and it's only showing I've done 1/10 activities. I wasn't going to do it, then got excited when I saw this, now it's not so exciting again.

Only the instance owner gets credit, so either solo it or start it.

• Thanks 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you all for reporting the issues with the Dragon Response Missions in the Dungeon Rush event. We're investigating it, but we're at a stage in our process for next Tuesday's Wintersday release that makes it very difficult for us to safely address this issue in the live game. We'll be able to fix this for future iterations of the event, but we aren't able to fix the DRM bug this week. We sincerely apologize for the trouble we know this is causing.

The specific issue, as some people have rightly deduced, is that the instance owner is getting all credit for a DRM completion. Players can either solo the DRM or take turns in private groups to work around this issue. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 8

19 minutes ago, Branded Employee.5397 said:

Thank you all for reporting the issues with the Dragon Response Missions in the Dungeon Rush event. We're investigating it, but we're at a stage in our process for next Tuesday's Wintersday release that makes it very difficult for us to safely address this issue in the live game. We'll be able to fix this for future iterations of the event, but we aren't able to fix the DRM bug this week. We sincerely apologize for the trouble we know this is causing.

The specific issue, as some people have rightly deduced, is that the instance owner is getting all credit for a DRM completion. Players can either solo the DRM or take turns in private groups to work around this issue. 

Based on the current in game timer for Dungeon Rush, it’s supposed to end when the Wintersday release drops. How does waiting until Wintersday to make the fix work when it’s scheduled to not be available then?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Lady of Chaos.2514 said:

Based on the current in game timer for Dungeon Rush, it’s supposed to end when the Wintersday release drops. How does waiting until Wintersday to make the fix work when it’s scheduled to not be available then?

it will help for the next dungeon rush event no this one.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Lady of Chaos.2514 said:

55 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

it will help for the next dungeon rush event no this one.

Ywp. And, while I know there are other things to do to get the reward, if this does cause problems for people it would also be nice to put the cape in on the next one as well, in addition to whatever the new reward would be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Branded Employee.5397 said:

Hi loved the event. Can you pass that it was really great.

Wish we could get better and more rewards from both DRM and dungeons (specially things that have value even for veterans). 

Also perhaps a no down state just death and a hardcore mode (death = perma death) modes xd with extra rewards.

Pass the idea! 

Edited by Lucius.2140
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Just when you start to believe things are getting better, [...]

Better? After what little they provided with the latest SotO patch (a.k.a. the first "major" update)? 🤔 The bugs since SotO's core release are overwhelmingly noticeable, especially those outside of the expansion. It's getting worse with each new content drop.

Meanwhile, exploits that have been reported (e.g. WvW, Ley-Line Anomaly) also still remain in the game. It's become obvious that they don't have the resources to fix those or any bugs that aren't "urgent".

P.S. What about the badly bugged CM fractals during this year's Fractal Rush? Wasn't an urgent matter, either -- got a band-aid of fixes later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, Rainbird.5960 said:

The Dungeon Rush Champion achievement is stuck at 5/5 tier, 9/10 objectives, despite finishing everything for it.

https://prnt.sc/ukYctQiDoD4V

https://prnt.sc/EqLWhTD9d7M2

I had this same problem. All 9 of the Dungeon Achievements complete and the one Dragon Response Mission complete, But Dungeon Rush Champion showing 9/10. I went back and ran one more dungeon (repeated Twilight Arbor) and that finished the Dungeon Rush Champion achievement.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Branded Employee.5397 said:

When You try to revive a dead content like dungeon/drm and you deliver such a bugged event the best thing you can do is: to say you are sorry, fix everything, make sure it's done properly this time and do the event again, as it is now, the "quality" delivered with this event show no respect for your community. my 2c

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

When You try to revive a dead content like dungeon/drm and you deliver such a bugged event the least you can do is: to say you are sorry, fix everything, make sure it's done properly this time and do the event again, as it is now, the "quality" delivered with this event show no respect for your community. my 2c

How do you expect them to run the event again now, when hallowen start the12th and they will have their xmas holiday off as usual.

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, Rainbird.5960 said:

The Dungeon Rush Champion achievement is stuck at 5/5 tier, 9/10 objectives, despite finishing everything for it.

https://prnt.sc/ukYctQiDoD4V

https://prnt.sc/EqLWhTD9d7M2

I know this was merged into the DRM thread, but for me, I'm not sure it's the DRM that didn't register. I remember doing the DRM last (meaning I had finished 9/10 objectives for all the core dungeons), and yet my achievement progress panel showed only 8/10 (when it should have shown 9/10). In my case, my suspicion is that it didn't register one of the core dungeons.

Actually, in one of my guild chats, someone else had this issue ahead of me, so I sort of suspected I wouldn't be able to finish the achievement when I saw my objective progress counter at 8/10 instead of 9/10. But I thought I'd try to do the last objective (DRM) anyways, on the slim hope that it would fix itself. No luck with that, and so now it's stuck at what you see in the screenshots!

Sorry I didn't mention it before, it completely slipped my mind and came back when I saw the DRM thread. Clearly making good bug reports is not my forte. c':

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Rainbird.5960 said:

Actually, in one of my guild chats, someone else had this issue ahead of me, so I sort of suspected I wouldn't be able to finish the achievement when I saw my objective progress counter at 8/10 instead of 9/10. But I thought I'd try to do the last objective (DRM) anyways, on the slim hope that it would fix itself. No luck with that, and so now it's stuck at what you see in the screenshots!

You have to be the one to start the DRM, otherwise you won't get credit. Also, the completion achievement only requires you to do 10 runs (you can do 1 dungeon 10 times for example), the other achievements are just bonuses for doing the different dungeons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

Who said NOW? I said AGAIN ... please read things before answer with such a nonsense post.

2 hours ago, NaramSin.2693 said:

When You try to revive a dead content like dungeon/drm and you deliver such a bugged event the best thing you can do is: to say you are sorry, fix everything, make sure it's done properly this time and do the event again

This sound like you want them to run the same event again after they fixed it.

That is at the moment impossible and if you read the dev post in this very thread it will be fixed for when the next time this event is run so yes they will fix it.

Will there be the same reward at the end most likely not so use the work around by doing any dungeon path 10 times total and get your reward.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ylthan.1693 said:

Yeah no, forcing players to solo a group intended content is hardly a workaround to me.

Because let's be honest who will join a party if only instance openner get credits ?

Drm is 1-5 player content like any story chapter.

Edit

And if you dont want to do that then just do any dungeon paths 10 times total.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Drm is 1-5 player content like any story chapter.

Edit

And if you dont want to do that then just do any dungeon paths 10 times total.

Sure but that doesn't solve the wizard vault issue wich requires you to do drm to get rewards.

Anyhow it's just sad how unpolished this is...

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Ylthan.1693 said:

Sure but that doesn't solve the wizard vault issue wich requires you to do drm to get rewards.

Anyhow it's just sad how unpolished this is...

There is no vault objective for completing DRMs. The related objective is to complete 2 tiers of the dungeon rush champion achievement, which means doing 2 dungeons or DRMs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1