Guess pvp really is abandoned

pvp abandoned since ESL league failed, that's 2015/16.

anet prays everyday ppl just quit this game mode but that doesn't happen.

but now they found a way, with the new open world armor, there's no reason for new players to join pvp anymore, you can get amulet and backpack elsewhere.

by june/july there'll be only the same old players gatekeeping god of arena and gizmos

• Thanks 14

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

but now they found a way, with the new open world armor, there's no reason for new players to join pvp anymore, you can get amulet and backpack elsewhere.

by june/july there'll be only the same old players gatekeeping god of arena and gizmos

im seeing a lot of new players on pvp lobby these days tho, I really hope we can someday revive it, its not fair with the pvp community, we are here since core (well not me bruh), lots of people started playing it because of the pvp, me included, why they can't just give us some attention? just a little attention, im sure its not going to hurt the other parts of the game

1 hour ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

I find it quite funny that Anet has that full disdain of anything pvp because of the ESL thing, which also failed because of them mind you. Since then anything related to competition is wiped under the carpet and hidden, like Anet is controlled by some kinder garden teacher and everything  "violent is forbidden". The fun part is that they probably believe that whole kitten about GW 2 has no toxicity is real thing  and not because people just don't interact with each other get bored by the cookie clicker gameplay and forget the game in a month.

The problem is that PVP doesn't bring money, and it doesn't bring money cause Anet didn't monetize it properly and there isn't many people playing it and there isn't many people playing it cause there isn't any development, one could say it is a death spiral, but its actually Anet fault, cause they had developers on pvp but they left and their positions didn't get filled and most probably the dev slot went to something pointless probably to their terrible marketing team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

I find it quite funny that Anet has that full disdain of anything pvp because of the ESL thing, which also failed because of them mind you. Since then anything related to competition is wiped under the carpet and hidden, like Anet is controlled by some kinder garden teacher and everything  "violent is forbidden". The fun part is that they probably believe that whole kitten about GW 2 has no toxicity is real thing  and not because people just don't interact with each other get bored by the cookie clicker gameplay and forget the game in a month.

The problem is that PVP doesn't bring money, and it doesn't bring money cause Anet didn't monetize it properly and there isn't many people playing it and there isn't many people playing it cause there isn't any development, one could say it is a death spiral, but its actually Anet fault, cause they had developers on pvp but they left and their positions didn't get filled and most probably the dev slot went to something pointless probably to their terrible marketing team. 

surely fire pvp devs and hire graphic designers to develop shiny skins is a more profitable business

I'm with when you say everything is anet's fault, they even removed the autokick tool from pvp but try to afk a pve activity to see what happens to you

1 hour ago, Assolador.3598 said:

im seeing a lot of new players on pvp lobby these days tho, I really hope we can someday revive it, its not fair with the pvp community, we are here since core (well not me bruh), lots of people started playing it because of the pvp, me included, why they can't just give us some attention? just a little attention, im sure its not going to hurt the other parts of the game

new players are likely to be purely due to expansion sales

6 hours ago, Assolador.3598 said:

wvw rush event yet again, but no spvp rush, even a very minor thing that already exists, ain't coming to the game? why, bruh

They don't do event rushes in modes where the players need to be extremely competent to succeed.

Obviously spvp has its balancing issues, but it's demanding, and pouring people into it without being careful about how you do that does no favors to PR.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

There isn't hardly anyone working on the WHOLE game, they are already dedicating many and much of the resources to the next game they already basically announced when they were recruiting employees with unreal engine expertise, for a "new exciting and upcoming game part of an established franchise". Don't be a pvp/wvw/pve snob. You are all abandoned.

• Confused 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:44 AM, magickthief.6492 said:

dedicating many and much of the resources to the next game

What was it again... i read it in some random gamingarticle when i was having a poop....

.... NCSoft is developing something with the help of anet.....  Idc if i remember correctly... but it was Something about a Korean MMO that was planned to be released in 2017... but then completly shelved and redone.  It was originally planned to be also playable on mobile.......   they then reworked everything to be UE4... Its already available in Korea and is a huge succes.  so they are planning to release worldwide.     And Rumors say that Anet devs are also involved in this, because they have experience in handling massive ammounts of players,  megaservers... yada yada...   So there is something going on over there, that is inded pulling resources away from Guildwars.

All i know is that the Jobapplication that people were speculating about, being for GW3.... are infact not for GW3. Its for this korean MMO....

uhm..... i think it was called...   Throne and liberty...... or something....   Looked cool ngl.      

Edit: yeah its throne and liberty.  I linked a video if someone wants to check it out.

Edited by Sahne.6950
Link got deleted...

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

What was it again... i read it in some random gamingarticle when i was having a poop....

.... NCSoft is developing something with the help of anet.....  Idc if i remember correctly... but it was Something about a Korean MMO that was planned to be released in 2017... but then completly shelved and redone.  It was originally planned to be also playable on mobile.......   they then reworked everything to be UE4... Its already available in Korea and is a huge succes.  so they are planning to release worldwide.     And Rumors say that Anet devs are also involved in this, because they have experience in handling massive ammounts of players,  megaservers... yada yada...   So there is something going on over there, that is inded pulling resources away from Guildwars.

All i know is that the Jobapplication that people were speculating about, being for GW3.... are infact not for GW3. Its for this korean MMO....

uhm..... i think it was called...   Throne and liberty...... or something....   Looked cool ngl.      

Edit: yeah its throne and liberty.  I linked a video if someone wants to check it out.

It's speculated that ANerf is helping NCsoft with the horizon mmo.

But prior to that when ANerf tried to abandon the game they were working on a Dune mmo, before NCsoft forced them to work on gw2 again (at the time of the massive layoffs), and this was semi confirmed due to some ANerf artists having dune related work on their portfolio.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Assolador.3598 said:

There's collective mindset with the high end pvp ppl with the goal of not letting this game to ever grow so that they can stay on top unfortunately and those guys are feeding info to anet.

Edited by The Ace.9105
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2024 at 3:12 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

Might be the Horizon MMO also, or both cause Throne of Liberty does look GW2 ish. 

The thing is I fully expect NCSOFT to kitten it up and plop another Korean shovelwere garbage mobile/PC skinner box, even if the starting product is good in about a year NCSOFT will stick its kitten in it. It is amazing how the Korean Business suits are even more up in their own kitten then Western ones.

On 1/10/2024 at 7:58 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

You could do that since LW return achievements and legendary neck from them got added.