Y'all havin fun?

13 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That's guilds. You're describing guilds. We see them all the time in WvW.

Guilds are not a World and are not an identity for everyone to rally around. Guilds are small fiefdoms runs by an individual.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Guilds are not a World and are not an identity for everyone to rally around. Guilds are small fiefdoms runs by an individual.

If you see a 30 man guild come to fight a 70 man zoneblob in order to defend garri I guess you just go “uhum ok that guild is not my world I ain’t helping I’m out of here” and turn around.

I honestly find that very amusing because worlds are defined by their largest recognized guilds and commanders - especially for enemies fighting them. Anything else is just a name and a random color.

• Confused 4

24 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Now that's as bold faced of a lie as I've ever heard. Worlds are much much larger than a guild.

If the second sentence is supposed to backup the first, that’s a fail.

Of course worlds are larger than a guild. Guilds can still define them. Because guilds is what we see, not worlds. And on an even lower level we see players in these guilds.

This is literally what people are complaining about for WR they want to go back to playing with “their” people. The guilds. The players. Because that defines their view of a world. But hey if you want to call them bold faced liars I wont argue too hard.

• Confused 5

45 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Of course worlds are larger than a guild. Guilds can still define them. Because guilds is what we see, not worlds. And on an even lower level we see players in these guilds.

This is literally what people are complaining about for WR they want to go back to playing with “their” people. The guilds. The players. Because that defines their view of a world. But hey if you want to call them bold faced liars I wont argue too hard.

It's not exactly how you're describing it. Of course, all the worlds within them contain players and guilds. But what binds them together is the flag, the server, the very environment/map that surrounds you. your Alpine border, you perceive it as yours and no one else's. If you are under attack there, you will be stimulated to take action in defense of what you feel/consider your kingdom. The moment you make the concept of kingdom/world/server useless, all this part is missing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Besides hasn’t server pride having been dead for a decade? That’s what everyone on the forum says. 

You may not have noticed, but while some claimed this, others said the exact opposite. And given the number of players who have shown up here on the forum, people I've never seen before, just to ask Anet what's going on, he should suggest the answer to the question you asked.

• Thanks 2

I am not opposed to updating WR. But if we want to change WVW towards restructuring, we need to draw WVW from scratch. You have to build the purpose, the comparison between the players, the scoring system, and more. WR alone is really going towards EOTM 2.0. And I would say that's not what we want, us players and not even the development guys. I think it's a big mistake to think that only WR will improve the gaming experience. 

I also think that before you get to an auto mechanic like this, caution should tell you to go through other tweaks first. The WVW community should see transfers under control. It should see a series of actions that actually stimulate the redistribution of players and guilds. It should see a system of 2 paired servers become 3 paired servers. we should see a restructuring of the worlds every 2 years, and then move on to an annual cadence and then move on to a semi-annual cadence. and only at the end consider a reshuffle every 30 days. if you have respect for the community that has participated in this game mode for many years. You should behave accordingly. And that's just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

You may not have noticed, but while some claimed this, others said the exact opposite. 

Waving the flag of the world on the forums, then when asked why they want to be on their on their world "oh yeah I like running with that specific commander and want to play with people I know".

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

58 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Waving the flag of the world on the forums, then when asked why they want to be on their on their world "oh yeah I like running with that specific commander and want to play with people I know".

Of course they'll answer you that way. But again, your description is incomplete. The difference is that even when they see a commander or guild leave their team, they stay. And they will have the opportunity to form an even greater group with the others who have remained. This is how you cement a sense of belonging, identity, team spirit etc etc. Your server comes before a commander or guild. whatever it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Of course they'll answer you that way. But again, your description is incomplete. The difference is that even when they see a commander or guild leave their team, they stay. And they will have the opportunity to form an even greater group with the others who have remained. This is how you cement a sense of belonging, identity, team spirit etc etc. Your server comes before a commander or guild. whatever it is. 

... that's laziness because people dont bother moving. If they where offered for free to join their favorite commanders and go with the group, a vast majority would probably take it. Because that's how humans human.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

... that's laziness because people dont bother moving. If they where offered for free to join their favorite commanders and go with the group, a vast majority would probably take it. Because that's how humans human.

This is playing as decently as this game mode provides. Everything else is an illusion.  So much so that in whatever way you prefer or enjoy playing the mode (roaming, small group, big guild and everything else) you will exclusively affect your team's score. . In the official ranking there is only that. . Not 1 guild is mentioned, but look a bit weird.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

No that is PvE people who complain about wanting to play with their people and not being able. Because fact is if you are a wvw player then you are on the world you want to be on and if you find it is not for you, you move to the world you want to be on. It is not a wvw problem, it is a PvE problem you describe.

• Like 1

Hint: It's WvW people who transfer in to BG when it opens though.  The server is historically large enough that they have a lot of PvE players already on it, don't necessarily play, but are still able to get into WvW since they are grandfathered in.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

No that is PvE people who complain about wanting to play with their people and not being able. Because fact is if you are a wvw player then you are on the world you want to be on and if you find it is not for you, you move to the world you want to be on. It is not a wvw problem, it is a PvE problem you describe.

If that is the facts, then why do people complain on the forums? They should all be happy with the worlds they are on even if they are outnumbered and dominated by the enemy. They have to be happy with the balance.

Otherwise they'd just move to another world 🤷‍♂️

Or are you saying it's only PvE players that complain about balance, boonballs, WR, etc? Well we really shouldnt listen to them then.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:31 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

If you see a 30 man guild come to fight a 70 man zoneblob in order to defend garri I guess you just go “uhum ok that guild is not my world I ain’t helping I’m out of here” and turn around.

I honestly find that very amusing because worlds are defined by their largest recognized guilds and commanders - especially for enemies fighting them. Anything else is just a name and a random color.

Exactly, worlds are made up of smaller parts, including guilds, and are a larger thing to belong to than any of those lesser constituent parts. Worlds are the big picture, players and guilds are the individual brush strokes. Each individual brush stroke may be an important part of the picture but the picture is the greater goal.

If I see a guild from my server about to be hit by a larger enemy force I go to their aid because, although they are not my world, they are part of my world. We are a team. We are part of something larger than either of us.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/24/2024 at 10:15 PM, Dusty Moon.4382 said:

These guilds want to be the big deal, hence why this system is being tried. Prevent guilds from stacking one server while ignoring the rest.

You do realize it could keep happening, because even these 100 person guilds, aren't enough to fill a Server/world atm? 

So it will happen randomly, instead of it happening, because of transfers and the relinks. I am talking about guilds created for this  beta, gathering  for prime time fights and even smaller guilds in the same worlds.

That is why I've been saying, this new world system, which shuffles population, should of happened many years ago, when this game mode had more active population of everything to spread across servers, which makes this mode great.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, RisingDawn.5796 said:

You do realize it could keep happening, because even these 100 person guilds, aren't enough to fill a Server/world atm? 

So it will happen randomly, instead of it happening, because of transfers and the relinks.

That is why I've been saying, this new world system, which shuffles population, should of happened many years ago, when this game mode had more active population of everything to spread across servers, which makes this mode great.

Most of those guilds are way bigger and if they go with the every 2vweek relink, there is not much chance that happens again.

There's this ironic dynamic where "server communities" are more than 500+ but y'all complaining about guilds with 100+ when those could very well be a portion of this so-called server community a lot of players are complaining are being destroyed.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Well, I'm having fun. I'm a PvE player who hopped into WvW for this beta event because I wanted to get a Gift of Battle. I've dipped my toe in a few times before, but usually got disillusioned/couldn't figure out what to do and just wandered around trying to find stuff/died a lot and running all the way back was not fun. That, and dealing with...a certain individual on my server who was widely known for his poorly-spelled, over-the-top profane, screaming rants at anyone on team/map chat for hours on end (never got banned, either; if he was gone for a few days he'd just come back and start right back up again)...just made me annoyed and want to avoid the game mode.

But these new match-ups have introduced me to some very competent Commanders who actually make this game mode a lot of fun. There's a lot of activity and always something to do; population seems pretty high compared to the other times I've tried WvW. Getting dropped into the deep end, figuring out what my class is capable of and what my role is, is actually engaging and enjoyable this time around. I'm getting the hang of it!

So yeah, I like this. 😁 Probably won't be my main game mode, but I'll be a lot less hesitant in the future to jump in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My experience:

I am a returning player and like WvW. I am in a guild that tags and runs decently large groups.

The biggest problem with this change is that it encourages 60-man blogs that lag their opponents and make the game unplayable, it gets worse over time and even if you are getting stomped and getting fights, the lag and performance is just trash can. It is good for the first hour this time around, previous weeks it has varied when and how kitten it gets but the core problem are 60+blobs. Beyond the 60 man blogs, the problem gets worse with opponenets who seems to know they are lagging and how to lag bad. 

The problem is less with matchups and more about these 60+ blogs IMO. you cant even fight them.. I guess the counter is anothjer 60 man blog so there is even lag. Or who ever has mastered making lag with specific builds and skills spiking.

Wvw is fun but if you matchup for the week sucks, it sucks. So having these alliances really does nothing at all but seems to make performance worse.

• Confused 1