Superior Rune of the Mad King effect and other...

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The play style that old Rangers sword offered? Too bad if you enjoyed it, that play style is gone, because the weapon got deworked and no other weapon is even slightly similar.

They changed ranger sword, because too few people used it. Ironic.

And yes, you can still play that playstyle. If you don't know the class, it's a you problem.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

And yes, you can still play that playstyle. If you don't know the class, it's a you problem.

There's no weapon that moves even slightly like old Ranger's sword, so it objectively is gone.

Other weapons offer different play styles, but not the one the old sword provided.

50 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Anet took away some unique 6th rune effects and therefore gave some new relic effects.

And none of these are even close to be replacements for the summons.

50 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Yes, you are asking for more.

And no, we aren't asking for "more" to be added. We ask to have something that should not have been removed in the first place.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There's no weapon that moves even slightly like old Ranger's sword, so it objectively is gone.

Other weapons offer different play styles, but not the one the old sword provided.

There is. You just have to know ranger.
Offhand dagger 4 is a similar move to old Serpent's Strike. Lightning Reflexes is a leap backwards. For leaps forward you have sword and dagger.
As untamed with dagger you also have an additional skill to get behind your enemie. Not quite the same, as it is a shadow step, but it fits the overall playstyle.
Different skill distribution, but the same playstyle.

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And none of these are even close to be replacements for the summons.

And nobody ever claimed that. 😉

8 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And no, we aren't asking for "more" to be added.

You can keep playing this "yes, no, yes" game as long as you want, but you seem to forget the actual topic.
You try to exagerrate on this detail and evading with other "arguments", while ignoring my actual point -> Asking for something is fine, but accusing Anet to "hate" the players if they don't follow your request is not.
That's just childish and kills all your credibility. This way you make yourself look like a stubborn child, nothing else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

There is. You just have to know ranger.
Offhand dagger 4 is a similar move to old Serpent's Strike. Lightning Reflexes is a leap backwards. For leaps forward you have sword and dagger.
As untamed with dagger you also have an additional skill to get behind your enemie. Not quite the same, as it is a shadow step, but it fits the overall playstyle.
Different skill distribution, but the same playstyle.

I've played with the right-handed Dagger on my condition Soulbeasts for a time. At least to me, it doesn't feel similar to the old sword at all.

You can keep playing this "yes, no, yes" game as long as you want, but you seem to forget the actual topic.

I've definitely not forgotten that the actual topic is about getting back the summoning effects that have been removed.

accusing Anet to "hate" the players if they don't follow your request is not.

It's a fact that deleting the summon effects resulted in some players having less enjoyment in the game.

If it hadn't been on purpose and they wanted to keep having these effects in the game, they could have done something about it by now, even if it's as little as telling us they are working on getting them back.

As nothing happened in that regard happened, it's not unreasonable to assume that they have removed the effects on purpose.

But you are free to interpret it any way you want.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

54 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's a fact that deleting the summon effects resulted in some players having less enjoyment in the game.

It's also a fact that afk farming and random knockbacks those golems had resulted in some players having less enjoyment in the game.
I agree with kiroho, you can voice whatever you want, but saying "do what I want or it means you don't care about fun/playerbase" is cheap and false.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/17/2024 at 10:26 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

I've played with the right-handed Dagger on my condition Soulbeasts for a time. At least to me, it doesn't feel similar to the old sword at all.

I've definitely not forgotten that the actual topic is about getting back the summoning effects that have been removed.

If it hadn't been on purpose and they wanted to keep having these effects in the game, they could have done something about it by now, even if it's as little as telling us they are working on getting them back.

As nothing happened in that regard happened, it's not unreasonable to assume that they have removed the effects on purpose.

But you are free to interpret it any way you want.

They could have done it on purpose without hating the playerbase though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

It still go against what theirs consumer want at the end of the day tho. Nobody wanted less rune effect. Even the nitch one. Anet is a compagny that want to make money. They need to do what their consumer want and they need to show respect toward their consumer. Taking aways favorite rune effect is not a good pr move. They should have known.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, yann.1946 said:

Even if their purpose wasn't something that can be boiled down to "We don't want you to play with that anymore", they should at least have told us why they don't give them back.

Staying silent will always invoke negativity.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

This new relic system will age like wine , it is not really good at the moment , but we will talk about it in 1-2 years when anet will add more relics effect.

I really doubt they will bring back the parrot or the stone hound just to satisfy some roleplayers who impersonate as pirates ... lthose minions where mostly useless , the only ones who where good was the golem (and even this kitten scatter trash mobs everywhere , which i s a pain in the ***) and the necromancer minion who applys blood on hit. So we loss some effect but we won other effects  , relics applying a variety of condition when x or y happens , support relics filling a hole for lacking heals or a missing boon (karakosa on scrappy healing when blast combo , relic of Febe on healscourge if no source of swiftness) , so yes we loose some effects , but to my personal taste 50% of the 6th rune special effect were boring and useless , now i got a variety of relics to use while not removing my runes effects and can adapt to many situation with only switching relics .

29 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Even if their purpose wasn't something that can be boiled down to "We don't want you to play with that anymore", they should at least have told us why they don't give them back.

And don't forget anet has data about players , i really wanna see how many people use the parrot , the stone dog , or the golem runes in % before they added the relic stuff , they removed stuff to make room for improvement , and i defend relics as a player who has made 7 legendary runes , so ppl like me shoudl be the more biased about this change and the investement we had done , but i can see where this relic stuff is leading , as i said , we will talk back in some time and see all the variety of option we can have with relics , the possibilities are infinite , while when this 6th effect was tied to a set of runes anet had to make another 6 pieces of runes everytime they wanted to add a special effect . So personnaly i am happy with the currents state of relics (and eager to see future stuff on it) and i don't miss any summon boring lazy designed rune effect . And now a least we have something to work on for improving our character .

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We knew the relic effects will be different than the rune effects were, you have the effects that are currently in the game. When they'll release new relics, you can check what they added and that will be your new selection. Not sure what or why they'd somehow "need to state" here. What's in the game is what you can use.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

We knew the relic effects will be different than the rune effects were, you have the effects that are currently in the game.

Actually when they first revealed relics, they used soldier rune/relic as example of how the old 6th bonus of a rune would simply be transferred into the new system as relic and that the only purpose would be the splitting of stats and extra effects. And while they didn't specifically say that all rune effects would be aviable, and later they did clarify that "not all" old rune effects would be aviable as relic at lauch, but more core relics would be added later (i wonder when "later" is?), there was abolutely no word, that almost all old rune effects would get removed. And there was no real reason for anet to do that, other than limiting the options for players who didn't buy SotO (and future expansions). It would have actually made more sense to revome runes, as now we have some that offer less of the same stats than another.

So in the end the main reason for the relic system was just to promote the new content and to get more players to spend money on the game.

And that's also why we won't get an explanation from anet. "We took your stuff away, to make you spend more money" does not go down well.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

29 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Actually when they first revealed relics, they used soldier rune/relic as example of how the old 6th bonus of a rune would simply be transferred into the new system as relic and that the only purpose would be the splitting of stats and extra effects. And while they didn't specifically say that all rune effects would be aviable, and later they did clarify that "not all" old rune effects would be aviable as relic at lauch, but more core relics would be added later (i wonder when "later" is?), there was abolutely no word, that almost all old rune effects would get removed. And there was no real reason for anet to do that, other than limiting the options for players who didn't buy SotO (and future expansions). It would have actually made more sense to revome runes, as now we have some that offer less of the same stats than another.

So in the end the main reason for the relic system was just to promote the new content and to get more players to spend money on the game.

And that's also why we won't get an explanation from anet. "We took your stuff away, to make you spend more money" does not go down well.

Incorrect as they also showed thief rune effect that was changed when made into relic.

The rest of the post is correct tho.

Still waiting on those more core relics later here aswell.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

I already had a similar discussion and because of that, I'm pretty sure what they said was something like "many of the relics will be inspired by the current runes" and not what you're claiming here. They also wrote that they want these effects to be more active than the rune ones were.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

This new relic system will age like wine

I understand where you are coming from but if I order a glass of wine with my dinner and instead they bring me a bowl of grapes with the promise that they will be wine someday I will not be happy with the restaurant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 6

58 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I already had a similar discussion and because of that, I'm pretty sure what they said was something like "many of the relics will be inspired by the current runes" and not what you're claiming here. They also wrote that they want these effects to be more active than the rune ones were.

->

Many of the relics that are available to players regardless of expansion ownership will cover the functionality of popular sixth-tier rune bonuses. For example, the Relic of the Trooper’s effect is identical to the previous sixth-tier Trooper rune effect: “Remove a condition from each affected ally after using a shout skill.” Other core relics have an updated effect compared to the sixth-tier rune they used to be associated with[...]

This, together with the statement that more core relics will be added over time, leaves an impression, that many old rune effects would eventually return as relic, either identical or "updated", but still similar (just like thief would still grant % dmg bonus). And we are very far from that, as most effects got either nerfed into uselessness or completely removed, regardless of how popular or active/passive they were.

And as result they completely failed to

offer more viable choices

which they said would be their "overarching goal".

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Still, theirs literally 0 reason for them to make the game less fun. I cant find the will to log in since they took my golem away. More boon or condi on x action is just really boring. More stats is always less good than more visual or mechanic.

No relic come even close to my golem in term of satisfaction. Log in gw2 now just gave me a sour taste. Ill rather have my golem back, than anything else...

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

18 hours ago, yann.1946 said:

What? No no
As soon as a player don't like a change, Anet hates the playerbase. Or don't play their own game. Or have no idea about their job. Or they let an intern do that.

17 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

It still go against what theirs consumer want at the end of the day tho. Nobody wanted less rune effect. Even the nitch one. Anet is a compagny that want to make money. They need to do what their consumer want and they need to show respect toward their consumer.

If they listened to everything players want, the game would be fckd up after a single update.

Anet is a game studio in first place. They have their own vision of their game and that vision is not necessarily the same as what you or me or player XY think the game should be.
People should understand that a game studio have their own idea how their game should be.

And no, it's not all about making money, so your "we are their customers and they should to what we want" argument is invalid.
Money is barely a motivator for how Anet makes their game. It influences gemstore stuff, but that's it. Not combat/gameplay stuff.
If making money was their priority, they would have choosen a subscription of freemium monetization model like most other MMOs.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

I cant find the will to log in since they took my golem away.

I mean, if that one rune effect was the only thing that kept you in the game, it's probably better for you to stop playing and looking for something more fun. no?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I mean, if that one rune effect was the only thing that kept you in the game, it's probably better for you to stop playing and looking for something more fun. no?

Dont get me wrong I love gw2. Or at least I use to love the game, but yeah Im not playing it anymore, not since october last year. I dont like the direction where the combat is going, everything is getting stream down and they are removing a lot of flavor of the game. I think gw2 is  loosing what made it unique slowly but surely. The removal of summon rune is just 1 step closer into making every choice A. a boon, B. a damage type, C. a color (class). I must say the removal of the golem was a huge quit moment, but what killed me, was the showcase of the engi shortbow(it look incredebly similiair to the mortar kit and thus super freaking boring).

TLDR: minus golem and engi shortbow where my quit moment. Im still staying around to see if they bring back the golem before the next expac, if no. Im out for good. Been playing for 9 years now... So yeah, I tough I was a good client, seem not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Dont get me wrong I love gw2. Or at least I use to love the game, but yeah Im not playing it anymore, not since october last year. I dont like the direction where the combat is going, everything is getting stream down and they are removing a lot of flavor of the game. I think gw2 is  loosing what made it unique slowly but surely. The removal of summon rune is just 1 step closer into making every choice A. a boon, B. a damage type, C. a color (class). I must say the removal of the golem was a huge quit moment, but what killed me, was the showcase of the engi shortbow(it look incredebly similiair to the mortar kit and thus super freaking boring).

TLDR: minus golem and engi shortbow where my quit moment. Im still staying around to see if they bring back the golem before the next expac, if no. Im out for good. Been playing for 9 years now... So yeah, I tough I was a good client, seem not.

Looks fine to me if you havent watched it the whole video is worth a watch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

but what killed me, was the showcase of the engi shortbow(it look incredebly similiair to the mortar kit and thus super freaking boring).

I mean, what they showed was pre beta. They showed the new weapons and made the beta test to gather feedback and improve the weapons.
What you saw is not the final version and it was never meant to be.
That's how beta tests work.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/19/2024 at 11:35 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

I understand where you are coming from but if I order a glass of wine with my dinner and instead they bring me a bowl of grapes with the promise that they will be wine someday I will not be happy with the restaurant.

Your point is understandable , especially with the fact that relics are tied to a character and not account wide , i suppose anet made it that way to emphasis ppl in the fact they will need the leg relic for ultimate convenience , and not knowing what is needed make ppl farm what they guess will be needed . but the wine comparison you did is a bit too harsh , i will simply say it's not the same brand of whine you asked for and is randomly better or worse than the one you asked for 😁.

16 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I mean, what they showed was pre beta. They showed the new weapons and made the beta test to gather feedback and improve the weapons.
What you saw is not the final version and it was never meant to be.
That's how beta tests work.

Gameplay aint going to change, Im 99% sure shortbow gonna be 4 aoe skill. I dont see them redoing from the ground up all the skill. I dont care about number and flavor, speaking purely about gameplay there. Having another 4 aoe skill set on top of mortar kit, grenade kit and bomb kit aint something that hype me, at all. No matter what color the aoe are or what boin or condi they do. And the fact that I lost my golem, soto could have easly be a win, but no.

• Confused 7