About the legendary relic (before people start to complain on forum)

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Anet does want you to do the new content after all.

Rather, they want us to do new content in order to prepare for doing new content. They once considered the same approach to especs (having them unlocked by expansion-specific hero challenges, instead of general ones). They've eventually decided against it, because they considered it to be dumb for that very reason (having to prepare for playing the content by playing that very content first). It seems they have forgotten the lessons (and ideas) of the past now, however, and prefer to listen to the voice of marketing department.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Vilin.8056 said:

It is an exploit because its original purpose of compensation does not apply to those currently rushing to craft one rune to get a legendary relic.

An exploit is something that is benefitting from something the developers didn't intend. Since the developers tell us their intent is this, the only conclusion that makes any sense is that it's not an exploit. Insisting it is, doesn't make it so.

Indeed legendary have always been for rich players who can afford them, so why give them even more wealth to begin with?

Because it was taken away from them in the first place. They may be rich but that doesn't warrant taking something from them which they already had.

Yet this move successfully kills demand among rich, or even moderately rich players.

I think you overestimate the amount of people who have legendaries to begin with. And besides, a lot of rich people probably also got their crafting maxed so they can craft them themselves currently. 

Now that a rift has been made for anyone who possess 400 gold to be able to craft their way to get a free legendary relic that eliminates the any need to purchase any relic for their entire account, you can expect upcoming demand for exotic relics to crash and burn while leaving only new players for exotic ones on the trading post.

No it doesn't. People here prophesied that runes would be worhtless the moment SoTO hit because of the relics. It didn't. 

This is only true only If players who have already crafted 6 legendary runes, feels that the additional cost for crafting leg relic to be their biggest concern. For most players who has reached this state, the cost is rather trivial comparing to other player who has yet to reach it.

This forum was FULL with complaints about the legendary relic and the cost of it. Apparently you missed that. And besides everybody had the chance to start crafting legendary runes from the moment we heard about these relics.

Ironically, the most impacted group of players aren't those who already possess those runes who Anet intend to compensate, but rather those who intent to rush their one rune for the freebie. While new players will definitely feeling ripped off.

You are being overly dramatic. It doesn't change the old situation for much to begin with BECAUSE they are getting something restored to them that they had before. Sure, there are some lucky players who can now get access to the legendary relic by just making one legendary rune but that's what Anet decided and as such it's NOT an exploit but an opportunity. You clearly feel like you're being ripped off here but do you even have any legendaries? Are you in the process of making one?

It took me years to get to where I am with legendaries. And I'm not rich, well, probably because of making all those legendaries. So I'm guessing I would fit in the moderate category? What is someone who has between 400-500 gold in your book? And I never bought a single relic since SoTO came out. So the relic market isn't going to change because of players like me.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 6:04 AM, Strider.7849 said:

I don't like that you will have to unlock relics to be added to the legendary relic, it should function like any other legendary.

I'm honestly not too bothered by needing to unlock additional relics in future expansions to 'add' to your legendary relic. For one reason: They stopped adding runes before relics ever came about. Legendary rune holders didn't get a head start with access to new runes in in EOD or SoTO because they just stopped making them. So it's not really a lost feature if we don't get the new relics automatically, since, if they had just stuck with runes, we likely weren't going to get any new ones anyways. I think the exception to the rule is at least acceptable in this case, unlike for other legendaries.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:51 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Rather, they want us to do new content in order to prepare for doing new content. They once considered the same approach to especs (having them unlocked by expansion-specific hero challenges, instead of general ones). They've eventually decided against it, because they considered it to be dumb for that very reason (having to prepare for playing the content by playing that very content first). It seems they have forgotten the lessons (and ideas) of the past now, however, and prefer to listen to the voice of marketing department.

What is it with you and the half truths lately?

Hero points were changed to be cheaper, as to make the elite specialization more accessible earlier during an expansion. At no point was this in regard to old hero points.

Those were originally intended to flesh out the core class but the developers decided that this was to much of a PvE necessity for WvW players (and later even added hero point trainers to WvW).

You are pulling different issues and making up your own story here spinning a narrative. This has nothing to do with playing the latest expansion (since that is and always was required, unless players accumulated enough spare points from multiple expansions). Core hero points do not complete any elite specialization, and the only expansion which gives more hero points is HoT (likely due to the developers not wanting to remove existing hero challenges. All other expansions are required for the elite specialization).

While at it: stop with the false claim of the runes spiking in price due to the legendary relic. The legendary rune spiked to 600 gold without any regard to legendary relics due to the legendary armor (and sure, part of that light have been some runes being crafted. Though hardly the main driving force, guven the charms did not spike as much until the latest announcement), now recently increasing another 200 gold to around 800 gold. The majority of price increase is clearly driven by the legendary armor price increases in the market.

I get you are trying to push an agenda, but even you have to stop at some point. It's become very painful to read your posts lately. You are comming off as a complete nutcase.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Hi everyone.  

I am about to ask the dumbest question ever asked on this forum.

Yesterday I was on Guildwars2 Wiki because I was curious about what it took to make a Legendary Relic.

As I read through the list of required things, my eyebrows started inching higher and higher.

When I was done, I logged into that wiki page on my phone, went into game and compared what I had to what wiki said I needed.

I am a crafter and I squirrel things away because "I might need them later."  That has been my M.O for years.

Soooo, to my fascination, I saw that I could make a Legendary Rune right then and there.  I only needed one Charm, the expensive one.

So, to my question.   I did not see anything about having to bravely march into PVP and getting beaten up, nor I see any requirements to raid...not that I could, as I would be immediately  dropkicked out of every raid team I attempted to join 🙂

Is it true????   No competitive modes are required?  You just need to make the gifts????

Thank you in advance 🙂

-Lisa who needs coffee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julischka Bean.7491 said:

Yesterday I was on Guildwars2 Wiki because I was curious about what it took to make a Legendary Relic.

Do we already know what we need to craft a legendary relic? Or you mean a legendary rune?

From what I see, I don't get why people are rushing to craft an expensive legendary rune, when the legendary relic will be clearly cheaper at release. There is no way ArenaNet is giving "for free" an item that will cost more to craft in the future. My impression is that the base legendary relic will be quite cheap and the cost will be adding new relic + some item gatherable in the current expansion (SotO or the following ones). I wouldn't tear off my clothes now.

Edited by Urud.4925

2 hours ago, Julischka Bean.7491 said:

Hi everyone.  

I am about to ask the dumbest question ever asked on this forum.

As I read through the list of required things, my eyebrows started inching higher and higher.

When I was done, I logged into that wiki page on my phone, went into game and compared what I had to what wiki said I needed.

I am a crafter and I squirrel things away because "I might need them later."  That has been my M.O for years.

Soooo, to my fascination, I saw that I could make a Legendary Rune right then and there.  I only needed one Charm, the expensive one.

So, to my question.   I did not see anything about having to bravely march into PVP and getting beaten up, nor I see any requirements to raid...not that I could, as I would be immediately  dropkicked out of every raid team I attempted to join 🙂

Is it true????   No competitive modes are required?  You just need to make the gifts????

Thank you in advance 🙂

-Lisa who needs coffee.

I will guess you look up the recipe for legendary rune to get the legendary relic.

Yes, legendary rune don't need anything related to Raid, PvP or WvW.

Note that the "one legendary rune = free legendary relic" will only last till the next patch in a few weeks, so better craft one asap if you got the material to spare.

8 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

Do we already know what we need to craft a legendary relic? Or you mean a legendary rune?

From what I see, I don't get why people are rushing to craft an expensive legendary rune, when the legendary relic will be clearly cheaper at release. There is no way ArenaNet is giving "for free" an item that will cost more to craft in the future. My impression is that the base legendary relic will be quite cheap and the cost will be adding new relic + some item gatherable in the current expansion (SotO or the following ones). I wouldn't tear off my clothes now.

Well some of us dont have SotO so the free soto relic effect is a nice bonus.

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well some of us dont have SotO so the free soto relic effect is a nice bonus.

Although Anet has not clarified yet whether Relic will be offered/available to people without SotO. And there was quite a number of players asking.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Although Anet has not clarified yet whether Relic will be offered/available to people without SotO. And there was quite a number of players asking.

Since all you need for legendary relic is a legendary rune the only answer they can say is yes you will get it without SotO.

Unless they somehow forgot that people could craft runes before SotO.

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Since all you need for legendary relic is a legendary rune the only answer they can say is yes you will get it without SotO.

I think the question is more like "Will people without SotO gain access to SotO relics, or will their legendary only have core relics to choose from?".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I think the question is more like "Will people without SotO gain access to SotO relics, or will their legendary only have core relics to choose from?".

Considering the blogpost go into detail that relic effect unlocking thing will not start  before expasion 5, that is the next expansion yes they should get it too.

6 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Let's just say that i am wary on assuming things at this point. Especially on issues Anet keeps refusing to clarify.

They did answer some questions about the Relic, but this one has been asked since the first mention of Legendary Relic months ago, seems relatively simple to answer, and yet has been consistently ignored. Which, knowing Anet, can mean nothing... but can equally well mean that they aren't saying anything because they know we would not like the answer. or because they haven't actually decided yet. And with them continuing to be silent about it, there's no way to know until the release.

• Confused 2

Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available, any player who has already crafted at least one legendary rune will be granted a legendary relic for free.

I think it's pretty clear from that statement that SotO will not be needed to get your free Legendary Relic.

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Considering the blogpost go into detail that relic effect unlocking thing will not start  before expasion 5, that is the next expansion yes they should get it too.

Yet Arenanet didn't hard confirm that non-SotO players would get access to SotO relics.

Unless they hard confirm something, one should always apply a healthy dose of scepticism.  That's far better than having blind faith in things that weren't explicitly stated.

• Like 1

It's quite simple really - based on their English blog post at least.

1) If you make a Legendary Rune BEFORE the release update that brings the Legendary Relic, you will get the Legendary Relic for free.

They write "Now we’re happy to announce that when legendary relics become available" and keywords here are 'when .... become available' as in future update. This has nothing to with release of SotO and normal relics, but the actual legendary relics.

And since you can use relics in the game whether you own SotO or not, then, it also goes that if you have made a Legendary Rune, you will still get the Legendary Relic.

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I think it's pretty clear from that statement that SotO will not be needed to get your free Legendary Relic.

Which, I believe, is also the main reason why they went the way of having to unlock new expansion relics. It is therefore interesting to note that they say that the SoTO relics will be included upone release. Perhaps that doesn't count for people who don't have SoTO and they will just get the core relics. That would be an interesting question.

I'm still confused in regards with the free legendary relic as well as the change in it's functionality being a legendary item.

Does the free legendary relic have all the core and soto relics in it? Like the same features we have on legendary runes/sigils which is selectables.

Or the free legendary relic is just a single specific legendary relic which likely a legendary status of the exotic ones? 

7 minutes ago, Vicious JG.2547 said:

I'm still confused in regards with the free legendary relic as well as the change in it's functionality being a legendary item.

Does the free legendary relic have all the core and soto relics in it? Like the same features we have on legendary runes/sigils which is selectables.

Or the free legendary relic is just a single specific legendary relic which likely a legendary status of the exotic ones? 

It is a legendary relic with all the core and soto relics in it. And with future expansions, once you unlock the new relics, they will be added to this legendary relic as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1