About the legendary relic (before people start to complain on forum)

5 hours ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

And here i take the french translations who say "les reliques". In english it's mean "the relics". And it's make a big difference. Because there is only one legendary relic.

That's just another translation error. "The relic" is clearly referring to "the legendary relic" in that context.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

Meanwhile prices to craft legendary runes have more than doubled in the rush to get theirs crafted since the news. Y'all arguing over plurals while economy is being inflated in the midst of 'panic buying' lmao.

In b4 crafting the leggy relic is cheaper than crafting the rune.

• Haha 1

Im pretty sure it's before the of launch legendary relics. It would make no sense otherwise. They did the same thing with runes. You had X long to level as many characters to like 80 before they released them

If they did mean before soto launched as a whole rather than the a part of soto then they would have made it more clear not to craft anything 

Edited by Mell.4873

2 hours ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

In b4 crafting the leggy relic is cheaper than crafting the rune.

Sure, but at some stage you're likely to want to craft legendary runes anyway. Better to get a rune and then get a relic for free than to pay for the relic and still have to pay for the rune.

Mind you, I crafted a legendary rune last week assuming a different system, so I should be already covered.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darkdawn.6807 said:

1 legendary rune = 1 legendary relic!!!  How bout those who already crafted more than 1 legendary rune????  I need compensation !!!!

As someone who has crafted 7 legendary runes, I am currently plotting my "compensation" by selling my excess supply of Charms of Brilliance/Skill/Potence at ridiculously inflated prices.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Probabely will be but this is the only way for none soto owners to get soto relic effects so its a win win for them.

And it's only a win for the the people who want the SotO effects. Not everyone wants those.

For the people who are still awaiting for more effects of core Runes to be returned to the game, it remains a loss. The legendary Relic won't change anything about that.

• Confused 2

« P.S. Don't miss the other picture in the post linked above »

From original post

Probably several relics leg with different skins / skins  effect or may be « upgrade » skins like legendary armor SOTO / legendary weapon gen 3

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Sure, but at some stage you're likely to want to craft legendary runes anyway. Better to get a rune and then get a relic for free than to pay for the relic and still have to pay for the rune.

Not when legendary rune price now is over twice the value it had been before legendary relic announcement. Whoever crafted a full set primarily for the compensation was certain to overpay from the very beginning.

• Confused 3

Glad I managed to make my legendary rune yesterday before the prices infalted even further...

I mean, even if the Relic ends up being cheaper than the current 1 rune crafting. I would have made a rune eventually anyways (and 5 more, but those can wait until prices normalized), so the free relic is a plus either way 😄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

Yep the price go up really fast but for normal player, doing a leg rune right now is almost having a free leg relic (even it's seems to unlock new "type" of relics on the leg relic in the new expansion, we will need to unlock them in the normal way).

It's a little bit too easy to have a legendary things in my opinion and it's doesn't compensate people who crafted the leg runes before. In my opinion, these player should recieve a extra things

I think the original plan was best - someone who had 7 legendary runes should probably get the full legendary relic, anything less would contribute progress towards it.

I don't like that you will have to unlock relics to be added to the legendary relic, it should function like any other legendary.

Overall, I'm happy they decided to give this to players who had a set of legendary runes broken with the implementation of relics.

• Like 2

am i the only one that prefers to having to frontload the work and then be happy with the legendary instead of having to catch up every expansion for the new relics? imho this is a horrible idea, it breaks it off of the consistency of the rest of the legendaries and is going to be really annoying... how about you make better content that makes me want to play it instead of forcing me into it to unlock things i should have already?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Valaraukar.7652 said:

I look the german translation and as the french translation they say "Relikts". Same in spanish "reliquias"

So you have in french, german, spanish, the translation who say "before the release of  relicS"

And the relicS come with soto. That where the confusion is. So that's why it's would be nice to have a clear clairification from the team about that.

"Relikts" isnt the plural of Relikt in german
Edit: Nvm someone wrote that already

Edited by Tharan.9085

17 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Tx. Idk how i missed that article. When it says that relic features will have to be unlocked, i assume that if you unlock it on one char it will be unlocked for the rest of the account (in the same way that you can buy additional copies of unlocked relics at the minute)?

Yeah, I expect it will unlock like the current ones via collections. I remember when EoD came out that they had some issues with validating content as well with regards to the legendaries. People with legendaries essentially didn't have do content when Anet was trying to get people on board with doing the new content as it was a new release. I mean I still have the recipes for the stat sets of EoD armor and weapons sitting in my bank because I never ended up using them.

And I think this is a fair way of doing it. 

19 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You have up until the next quarterly release to make at least 1 legendary rune to have eligibility to receive 1 legendary relic. Only 1 legendary relic is needed per account.

I think the next quarterly release will be in February, considering the last one was in November and they did say they'll announce it soon. Personally, I'm expecting that announcement to come next week 

On GW2 wiki clearly stated:

It will be introduced in the Update 2 of the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure expansion cycle in early 2024

Players who have crafted at least one Legendary Rune before the Secrets of the Obscure Update 2 release will receive the Legendary Relic for free. After the release, it will be available for crafting similarly to other legendary items

• Confused 3

For me most concerning the fact that you ALSO need to unlock stuff first which kind of break whole point of having legendary gear. It's like "if you want to have Viper stats on your weapon, you need to unlock Ascended version with Viper stats first".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Tonny.4952 said:

For me most concerning the fact that you ALSO need to unlock stuff first which kind of break whole point of having legendary gear. It's like "if you want to have Viper stats on your weapon, you need to unlock Ascended version with Viper stats first".

Well up to and including SoTO will be unlocked. I actually just got done unlocking all the relics of SoTO and it wasn't a big deal really. So yeah, when the new expansion comes out, you're going to have to unlock the relics first to get them automatically added to your legendary relic. I'm really not concerned with that. Considering how you get them now, it's gonna be pretty easy to get them I expect. Anet does want you to do the new content after all.

Edit: And I don't feel it breaks the point or value of legendary gear btw. You still end up with everything, you just have to do a little content for it first.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The bigger issue of the legendaric compensation announcement is that Anet is officially introducing an exploit that will only benefitting rich players while penalizing the rest others who has yet to be able to accumulate sufficient resources within the time limit.

One key factor in relic crafting was supposed to vitalizing the game economy by making rich players spending more gold on buying resources from other players, not completely killing the circulation by giving rich players freebies that poorer players will eventually have to drain even more resource on.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Confused 7

5 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

The bigger issue of the legendaric compensation announcement is that Anet is officially introducing an exploit that will only benefitting rich players while penalizing the rest others who has yet to be able to accumulate sufficient resources within the time limit.

It's not an exploit. And legendary items have always been for people who are rich and/or play a lot and save stuff.

5 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

One key factor in relic crafting was supposed to vitalizing the game economy by making rich players spending more gold on buying resources from other players, not completely killing the circulation by giving rich players freebies that poorer players will eventually have to drain even more resource on.

Since most people won't get legendaries at all, this will not affect the market as much as you may think. And it wasn't to "vitalize" the game economy but to make sure that the runes and now relics were still viable in the market. Also because the core relics (which we're talking about here) can be crafted and the market is for people who don't craft themselves. Which can be poor and rich alike. So you assessment of what it was supposed to do is wrong imo.

Besides people with legendary relics already had the relic effects included in their runes. So effectively something was taken away from them that will be restored soon. As for the means of compensation, this really is the best way of doing it. The alternative ways would be too complex and come with many more questions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

It's not an exploit. And legendary items have always been for people who are rich and/or play a lot and save stuff.

It is an exploit because its original purpose of compensation does not apply to those currently rushing to craft one rune to get a legendary relic.

Indeed legendary have always been for rich players who can afford them, so why give them even more wealth to begin with?

Since most people won't get legendaries at all, this will not affect the market as much as you may think. And it wasn't to "vitalize" the game economy but to make sure that the runes and now relics were still viable in the market. Also because the core relics (which we're talking about here) can be crafted and the market is for people who don't craft themselves. Which can be poor and rich alike. So you assessment of what it was supposed to do is wrong imo.

Yet this move successfully kills demand among rich, or even moderately rich players.

Now that a rift has been made for anyone who possess 400 gold to be able to craft their way to get a free legendary relic that eliminates the any need to purchase any relic for their entire account, you can expect upcoming demand for exotic relics to crash and burn while leaving only new players for exotic ones on the trading post.

Besides people with legendary relics already had the relic effects included in their runes. So effectively something was taken away from them that will be restored soon. As for the means of compensation, this really is the best way of doing it. The alternative ways would be too complex and come with many more questions.

This is only true only If players who have already crafted 6 legendary runes, feels that the additional cost for crafting leg relic to be their biggest concern. For most players who has reached this state, the cost is rather trivial comparing to other player who has yet to reach it.

Ironically, the most impacted group of players aren't those who already possess those runes who Anet intend to compensate, but rather those who intent to rush their one rune for the freebie. While new players will definitely feeling ripped off.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Confused 4

Seriously? This is not an exploit if they intend it to be used that way. (Which they obviously do - otherwise they would not have given still time to craft 1 rune.) And with the prices increasing now for charms ... we don't know about the later development. Players just getting their runes normally might have it cheaper if the charm prices drop again in the future and the relic itself might use totally different materials from the normal crafting way. (Maybe the recipe uses SotO mats.)

• Like 1