Anet please have another Twitch Drop ASAP [Merged]

6 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Please explain why it's not good?

Is it because the Elitist GW2 community doesn't like anything being given away for free?

Because they enjoy grinding 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and sinking all their materials and gold into full Legendary gear so they feel special and better than everybody else. How dare anyone get a Legendary Relic for free who didn't work for it and earn it like them!!!

Something like that?

Well, for that matter, let's just skip the Twitch idea and give everyone a free item.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Well, for that matter, let's just skip the Twitch idea and give everyone a free item.

Technically it wouldn't be free.

Anet would sponsor some streamers to give away some items for people who tune into their stream. I saw Warframe do it a couple years ago, but that was a bit more involved, with actual Twitch integration. It worked almost like a reward track, where the longer you watched the stream, the more materials you would get. And now and then the Streamer would pull a name out of a hat for a bigger prize. I remember it bringing big numbers to Warframe for about a 1 week period.

Best case scenario it would bring some new eyes on the game. Worst case it would be a fun community event where everyone can take a break from the grind and enjoy some rewards for participating in a special event.

Edited by Buzzbugs.1236
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Anet would sponsor some streamers to give away some items for people who tune into their stream. I saw Warframe do it a couple years ago, but that was a bit more involved, with actual Twitch integration. It worked almost like a reward track, where the longer you watched the stream, the more materials you would get. And now and then the Streamer would pull a name out of a hat for a bigger prize. I remember it bringing big numbers to Warframe for about a 1 week period.

Best case scenario it would bring some new eyes on the game. Worst case it would be a fun community event where everyone can take a break from the grind and enjoy some rewards for participating in a special event.

you've just described Twitch drops... but in the same way a grandparent explains an internet problem to tech support

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 12

Twitch drop! Not a bad idea. They'll probably do something when the next story drop comes.

Free legendary components as the drop reward... If they must, I'd rather they do Gift of Battle and Exploration. But I highly doubt they'd give away something that's earned through significant gameplay (however significant running around and flipping camps is anyway). Other than converting gold to gems, most of the things given away so far in these Twitch drop events have been cosmetic only items purchased from the Gem Store, or some of those little QoL items like Revive Orbs and Boosters.

All in all, I imagine their next Twitch campaign will continue the trend from the previous ones. Maybe we'll get another outfit voucher. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

And that's not a new idea for GW2 too, anet has done this multiple times already. The problem with the idea of the OP is, that the mentioned items are worth 500g and are indirectly tradeable too, so a huge win especially for every alt-account.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

you've just described Twitch drops... but in the same way a grandparent explains an internet problem to tech support

If I don't describe it in such a way there will be a lot of confusion and someone will probably accuse me saying something that I didn't.

• Confused 12
  • Sad 1

• SweetPotato.7456 changed the title to Anet please have another Twitch Drop ASAP
7 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

5 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I don't do Twitch, so please Anet just email me 500g k thx bye.

Yes and yes.  Not interested in watching Twitch streams.  Freebies for all!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No it dont benefit everyone, explain how it benefit people who dont watch twitch.

I could also argue how would legendary armor benefit anyone if people don't craft them. But that's not what I was saying in that post. 

Please read the post carefully, I quoted someone who said that everyone should be given free gifts of might  and magic without doing anything, and agreeing to it.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Confused 6

On 1/28/2024 at 12:46 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I could also argue how would legendary armor benefit anyone if people don't craft them. But that's not what I was saying in that post. 

Please read the post carefully, I quoted someone who said that everyone should be given free gifts of might  and magic without doing anything, and agreeing to it.

I think Linkin was meme'ing on how a lot of people respond to posts here.

• Confused 1

I mean I don't really see a reason why they should be giving it away for free but I'd be down for them adding it to WV as standalone items - for reasonable amount of AA.

Not sure how this would help anyone towards a free legendary relic though, you don't need any of these gifts for the rune that's required to qualify for the freebie on release.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I think Linkin was meme'ing on how a lot of people respond to posts here.

No I did not I replied after their post that I miss read the you in their post as I but somehow that post is now deleted.

• Like 2

I already have all my Legendary Runes, This thread was trying to help people who hasn't craft any get their Legendary Runes so  they can get the free Legendary Relic. If there are still time, pretty please Anet. If there aren't, this thread is no longer serving any purpose. Thank you for listening.

• Confused 3