When is the expansion that lets us cannon up our skiffs?

I want to be a pirate already. Add guns, harpoons, cannons, etc. to our skiffs so all the seated players can man different weapons. Even having one weapon on each side with the extra seats having to play a "reloading" minigame to reload arms faster. 2024 is the year of the skiff \o/ (Please add a water WvW map, so we can blow each other up. Thank you.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Its already bad enough with the lazy people doing the bare minimal on skyscales and turtles.   If they were to implements something like this is would be the last straw for me and I would quit the game after 12 years.    If you want to be a pirate, there are several games out there (mmo and single players) that allow you to do just that... We don't need that sorta junk here.   Big ol' downvote for me on this terrible idea

to be quite honest... I don't know which is the worst suggestion here... combat skiff or a water WvW map  

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

They've already gone down the 'combat vehicle' road with the mounts... the problem is not the idea (in moderation), it's how it is implemented to balance with the rest of the game.  

I believe that OPs suggestion is over the top, but tweaking some aspect would be welcome and added diversity to the skiff, beyond fishing.    

You sit in the skiff, while being bombarded by catapult fire... I'm not asking for a guided missile system, but maybe being able to return fire with my ranged weapon would be reasonable? 

38 minutes ago, neighto.7386 said:

If you want to be a pirate, there are several games out there (mmo and single players) that allow you to do just that... We don't need that sorta junk here. 

Pirates are in the game already... and you can outfit yourself as such already as well.. so I think the 'junk' is already here... 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

Pirates are in the game already... and you can outfit yourself as such already as well.. so I think the 'junk' is already here... 🙂 

It totally is :j Just down scale the cannons you use to kill Zhaitan at the end of the personal story and slap them on the skiff somewhere. Don't care how it looks. Would be a lot of fun to troll around in PvE with some guildies shooting and blowing things up. Turtle is great for if you only have one friend to play with. Boat would be great for more than one friend.

• Like 1

From what I understand (not being a fisherman myself) it'd be useful for somebody to stand guard while the rest of the party fishes, so your gunner could either fire grapeshot or drop depth charges on aquatic ne'er-do-wells who want to interrupt you...