Useless drops

45 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"I don't want to play the game, I'd rather spend money on it so it means that's the only choice the players have"?

You not knowing how or not wanting to do something still doesn't change the fact that your claim about it being impossible without very lucky drop or using wallet is wrong (and it's not even about some constant grind you're talking about here). If you don't want your broad false claims to be called false, maybe make more specific ones, while at the same time substituting "you can't get rich" with "I don't want to play it and think I still deserve it".

You can make plenty of gold by fishing and spend it on whatever you want, so not sure how it's "pretty useless". You can get minis through gameplay, including for fishing materials. Did you get soto skyscale skin through collection?

Also as far as I remember your posts, you consistently keep complaining about "rare drops being too rare!", so it looks to me you don't exactly want "rare drops", you want "rare/valuable drops that drop for you with next to not effort but not for others". Honorable mention of you complaining about the grind, but also saying "wow is f2p because you can grind for some days and get a token".

I play for loot (skins) mostly. In an mmorpg. Can be skins, mount skins or pets. 

i have 900 gold but what can i buy for it? A few skins and my gold is gone. Its a fashion game. That 900 gold took me months to get. And that for a few skins. While i also need gold for vision and other legendary items. Skins dont drop, they can be bought. And to be able to buy them i need gems. And gold to gems is much work/effort for a few skins. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

to get enought gold to be able to affort one gemstore shop

There are not many gemstore items, if any, that cannot be earned with (at most) three hours effort (and most only one hour or less).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Skins dont drop, they can be bought. And to be able to buy them i need gems. And gold to gems is much work/effort for a few skins. 

14 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

There are not many gemstore items, if any, that cannot be earned with (at most) three hours effort (and most only one hour or less).

Or, one could support the studio and simply buy gems with cash.  I'm pretty sure Anet would appreciate it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Or, one could support the studio and simply buy gems with cash.  I'm pretty sure Anet would appreciate it.

Someone already did buy those gems with cash.

Them buying it for gold keep the gem to gold price higher and that in turn incentivize people to buy gems for cash to exchange for gold.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I play for loot (skins) mostly. In an mmorpg. Can be skins, mount skins or pets. 

That doesn't respond to anything I said. Am I supposed to repeat my post again or what is this supposed to be? This is an actual question, I'm not sure how you want the "conversation" to go when you quote what someone said, but then completely -from my understanding- skip it and just... type out something else instead.

i have 900 gold but what can i buy for it? A few skins and my gold is gone. Its a fashion game. That 900 gold took me months to get. And that for a few skins. While i also need gold for vision and other legendary items. Skins dont drop, they can be bought. And to be able to buy them i need gems. And gold to gems is much work/effort for a few skins. 

Sounds like you have stuff to go for that is acquired through gameplay then, right?

Skins drop (and are acquired from collections/vendors), you got a lot of them since you've started playing the game. They're just not the gemstore skins. You can still farm for gemstore skins if you want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

That was my point. An hour, perhaps even two or three, of work and you have enough money to buy gems to convert to gold. If you cannot spend a couple of hours at your job to earn the money to spend then you can spend more time in game to get the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

One of the reasons for why you can't buy all that much for your gold is exactly because gold is trivially easy to get.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That doesn't respond to anything I said. Am I supposed to repeat my post again or what is this supposed to be? This is an actual question, I'm not sure how you want the "conversation" to go when you quote what someone said, but then completely -from my understanding- skip it and just... type out something else instead.

Sounds like you have stuff to go for that is acquired through gameplay then, right?

Skins drop (and are acquired from collections/vendors), you got a lot of them since you've started playing the game. They're just not the gemstore skins. You can still farm for gemstore skins if you want.

You could always use gw2 farming to find the most efficient ways to craft legendary weapons then sell them for profit and end up with more than just by buying them. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

You could always use gw2 farming to find the most efficient ways to craft legendary weapons then sell them for profit and end up with more than just by buying them. 

So farming simulator instead of gaming? Normally ppl play a game for the gameplay. But in guildwars 2 you have 2 options, spend cash on gems for skins and do what you like. Or cut trees for months to achieve the same gold for a skin while not enjoying what you like. 

i understand that they need players to buy gems for cash to stay healthy. But imo there should be a balance. And if i take EoD as example then there is no balance at all. Every meta has junk loot. Maybe the backpiece from 3th map meta is nice. Then further soo-won infusion and the raccoon from fishing. But further only junk loot. 

if you look at wow, you solo a raid and you have a bag full of new transmog skins. 

maybe my interest will come back for guildwars 2. If they finished new weapons for professions. 

also i know if you work a few hours you can buy gems. But thats a bad way. Sure they have also to get paid for their work on skins. But atleast put some on the loot table. And thats the problem. Everything is behind cash. Not some free. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

also i know if you work a few hours you can buy gems. But thats a bad way. Sure they have also to get paid for their work on skins. But atleast put some on the loot table. And thats the problem. Everything is behind cash. Not some free. 

That's because GW2 doesn't have a subscription model.  Maybe if you paid Anet the same as you do for WoW monthly, you'd have enough gems to buy the skins that you want.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I might do so if:

a) this was a free to play game and not a full price buy to play game

and

b) The items were somewhat reasonably priced.

A skin for example should be 10 cents max, everything above is just plain ridiculous. If players are willing pay the same amount of cash for 3 lame skins as for an expansion full of real content, why would developers bother to put out real content? And don't get me started with items like black lion keys. Those should be 5 cent for a bundle of hundred.

Edited by Padrion.7382
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

20 minutes ago, Padrion.7382 said:

b) The items were somewhat reasonably priced.

A skin for example should be 10 cents max, everything above is just plain ridiculous. If players are willing pay the same amount of cash for 3 lame skins as for an expansion full of real content, why would developers bother to put out real content? And don't get me started with items like black lion keys. Those should be 5 cent for a bundle of hundred.

I don't check on other games that have the SAME model as GW2, i.e. you buy the base game at full price, expansions at maybe half of that, the rest is QoL purchases (Skins, Convenience, no power or the likes). Can you give some price comparisons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

if you look at wow, you solo a raid and you have a bag full of new transmog skins.

If you like wow's design so much, play wow. But pretty sure you also said you've quit subscribtion based game(s?) because you didn't get any good drop for whatever time period soo... maybe you're misremembering some things now.

4 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

But atleast put some on the loot table. And thats the problem. Everything is behind cash. Not some free. 

More like it's behind gold, which is acquired through gameplay. But you don't want gameplay, you want your personal valuable drops now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

With ascended drops in fractal at least on T2 in 4 runs there is big chance of seeing one, it might be trinket but it happens often enought, also stats will be random and it will not help much in any build.

There is a small problem with drops i had to destroy to remove, and cant like sell or something. Like Frostbite Frontier Winterberries map there are svanir equipment which you cant sell. And it drops in large numbers, and does not stack. Or the whole dragonite, bloodstone, empyrium. Yes if you craft ascended that is nice, but also if you dont it stacks so hard. At least it is easier to destroy.

• Confused 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:19 AM, Quasidivine.2591 said:

Random dude trying to determine my reality because....? It was like 9 years ago dude. I ain't got no screen shots, and I have never had any response from a ticket in that entire time playing this game......though most likely I did try to report it. A friend of mine who was also playing also had it happen to him and he just quit because of it. So I don't know what to tell you. I can recap my experience, and you don't have to believe it. Regardless that has like literally nothing to do with the useless items subject so like, there is that.

then it didn't happen. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

So farming simulator instead of gaming? Normally ppl play a game for the gameplay. But in guildwars 2 you have 2 options, spend cash on gems for skins and do what you like. Or cut trees for months to achieve the same gold for a skin while not enjoying what you like. 

i understand that they need players to buy gems for cash to stay healthy. But imo there should be a balance. And if i take EoD as example then there is no balance at all. Every meta has junk loot. Maybe the backpiece from 3th map meta is nice. Then further soo-won infusion and the raccoon from fishing. But further only junk loot. 

maybe my interest will come back for guildwars 2. If they finished new weapons for professions. 

It's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

I don't check on other games that have the SAME model as GW2, i.e. you buy the base game at full price, expansions at maybe half of that, the rest is QoL purchases (Skins, Convenience, no power or the likes). Can you give some price comparisons?

No, sorry, I don't play such games either. Usually a cash shop in a pay2play game is an instant "no" for me. I only tolerate it in GW2 because I can buy everything with gold as well and Arenanet is notoriously bad at designing anything I'm actually interested in. Sometimes I wonder if they were forced to implement that shop by their publisher and since then trolling them with listing useless junk.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If you like wow's design so much, play wow. But pretty sure you also said you've quit subscribtion based game(s?) because you didn't get any good drop for whatever time period soo... maybe you're misremembering some things now.

More like it's behind gold, which is acquired through gameplay. But you don't want gameplay, you want your personal valuable drops now.

True. I tried wow for 60 days and i said if i dont loot atleast 1 mount that i want i dont sub again. And i didn’t. But i didnt do the runs weekly and only on a few characters. But i got 2 sets of warglaives that i never got before so that was a nice accomplishment. Or how its spelled. Further i want invincible but cant expect it do drop in 60 days with just a few characters. But wow is too addicted so also a reason i didn’t sub. 

but there is another reason what i dont like in guildwars 2. And thats the raid community. My last goal legendary raid armor got interrupted. If i only do 12 bosses a week i have to grind ONE YEAR for just 2 legendary sets. But getting in a group is too much stuggle. I dont want this huge frustration and time wasting weekly to get in a group. 
if i know i have a group every weekend to do all the raids then its fine. But making My own group or pugs is not do able. 

if anet mail me 600 Li i am sure my love for the game comes back. Because then they take away a huge struggle from me and then i can finally do what i really want.  Making and testing my own builds. And dont say ascended armor. 

Edited by Holmindeboks.3490
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

True. I tried wow for 60 days and i said if i dont loot atleast 1 mount that i want i dont sub again. And i didn’t.

And yet now you consistently keep bringing it up as an example of good design and something you do actually want (and, again, you also said wow is basically f2p because you can just farm up a token in 3 days). So what was that about? Bad memory? Straight up lying? Something else? 🤔

But making My own group or pugs is not do able. 

Wrong again.

1 hour ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

It's quite obvious you have no idea what you're talking about

👆👆👆👆👆👆

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

True. I tried wow for 60 days and i said if i dont loot atleast 1 mount that i want i dont sub again. And i didn’t. But i didnt do the runs weekly and only on a few characters. But i got 2 sets of warglaives that i never got before so that was a nice accomplishment. Or how its spelled. Further i want invincible but cant expect it do drop in 60 days with just a few characters. But wow is too addicted so also a reason i didn’t sub. 

but there is another reason what i dont like in guildwars 2. And thats the raid community. My last goal legendary raid armor got interrupted. If i only do 12 bosses a week i have to grind ONE YEAR for just 2 legendary sets. But getting in a group is too much stuggle. I dont want this huge frustration and time wasting weekly to get in a group. 
if i know i have a group every weekend to do all the raids then its fine. But making My own group or pugs is not do able. 

if anet mail me 600 Li i am sure my love for the game comes back. Because then they take away a huge struggle from me and then i can finally do what i really want.  Making and testing my own builds. And dont say ascended armor. 

Your approach to and ideals of satisfaction in this genre of video games is unrealistic.  Most of the posters and myself have been, as gently as we can, trying to point this out. The grinding of gold is this game can be done in multiple ways and does not have to been farming (legit one of the slowest ways). For the genre it is very fast.

The grind for legendary armor is extremely fair compared to other games (honestly easier) and for the value and finality of best in slot permanently till the servers die it should be faster you are suggesting. Or just instant..

I feel there is a large disconnect here. And I'm not sure any of can get you to see this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And yet now you consistently keep bringing it up as an example of good design and something you do actually want (and, again, you also said wow is basically f2p because you can just farm up a token in 3 days). So what was that about? Bad memory? Straight up lying? Something else? 🤔

Wrong again.

👆👆👆👆👆👆

I never said wow is f2p. And about that 3 days was not me who said that. 

• Confused 8

I never said wow is f2p. And about that 3 days was not me who said that. 

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/139918-are-we-really-comfortable-paying-for-unfinished-expansions/page/6/#comment-2025805

also the real loot is super rare and so it will never drop. Making gold is hard. In wow its easy to make gold. And also wow is f2p if you farm some days because wow token.

Am I misreading something? 

Anyways, for now maybe respond to the rest of the post you quoted above. Your constant dodging is getting boring. You keep saying wow does it well/better, but you've quit wow because you weren't getting the drops. Your expectations are unrealistic since you want to keep getting easy drops that will still be rare for others.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1