Why ANET doesn't nerf willbenders?

On 3/21/2024 at 2:34 PM, Ferus.3165 said:

the typical "2 weeks later" in this thread... cause there seems to only be a handful of players who still have more problems with wb than they have with others classes and every now and then they have to leave a little rant in the forums.

and cryorion i don't get your point.. the elite was a total meme before and the 0.5 sec evade doesn't change much about that. The ability to finish people might as well not be there at all cause you'd play without an elite then if you wanted to save it for a finish. It also deals no dmg so you can't insta kill low hp targets like you can with banner for example. FMW is similar... the 3.5 sec superspeed is a nice buff but i don't see many guardians running this elite even after the buff.

Of course anet could have nerfed renewed focus instead but that would mean that that elite would be too strong which imo it is not.

bruh you are completely delusional.
1. Renewd focus is extremely overpowered so much so that even an instant port finisher with evade on low cd cant even replace it.
Meanwhile if you put heaven's palm on an other class it will instantly become permanent slot.
2. Willbender is grossly overpowered in WvW in almost all aspect damage, sustain and boons.
Its fine to be bad at the game, but whats worse is being delusional

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

1. Renewd focus is extremely overpowered so much so that even an instant port finisher with evade on low cd cant even replace it.
Meanwhile if you put heaven's palm on an other class it will instantly become permanent slot.
2. Willbender is grossly overpowered in WvW in almost all aspect damage, sustain and boons.

What about the port is instant? The 1.25 sec cast time? The skill being a finisher is pretty much worthless because, a) it deals 0 dmg so you cannot insta kill people with low hp and b) because you cannot finish people when there are other players around. That means in order to use that skill to finish someone you have to play without an elite for the entire fight only to then stomp your enemy who has to be alone 1 or 2 sec faster than you normally would. Great value.

And i get that this scary full cele but yet still dragon or zerk willbender is scary. To have great dmg, sustain and boons all in one build is really op. Just be glad that this build doesn't exist in the game.

And i am sorry that you are bad at the game and delusional i hope u get better 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 18

On 3/24/2024 at 2:46 PM, Ferus.3165 said:

What about the port is instant? The 1.25 sec cast time? The skill being a finisher is pretty much worthless because, a) it deals 0 dmg so you cannot insta kill people with low hp and b) because you cannot finish people when there are other players around. That means in order to use that skill to finish someone you have to play without an elite for the entire fight only to then stomp your enemy who has to be alone 1 or 2 sec faster than you normally would. Great value.

And i get that this scary full cele but yet still dragon or zerk willbender is scary. To have great dmg, sustain and boons all in one build is really op. Just be glad that this build doesn't exist in the game.

And i am sorry that you are bad at the game and delusional i hope u get better 🙂

The fact that you can't understand the fact that heaven's palm is so strong but still not getting used because renewed focus is broken op on willbender speaks for itself.

Edited by XECOR.2814
  • Like 14
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/23/2024 at 10:43 PM, XECOR.2814 said:

They never should have put that much mobility on a class that has high sustain with no actual draw back. 

Renewed Focus is ok for Core Guard, FB, and DH since they don't have high mobility. But WB abuses the kitten out of that Elite. 
WB should have the same treatment as thief if they're going to fulfill that role. 

• Like 17
  • Confused 4

Needs immediate hotfix nerf the mobility and damage of cele Willy with permeating wrath and radiance is way too insane for the amount of damage they avoid with their f3 aegis and heal, not to mention perma stab and renewed focus.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/25/2024 at 6:04 PM, XECOR.2814 said:

The fact that you can't understand the fact that heaven's palm is so strong but still not getting used because renewed focus is broken op on willbender speaks for itself.

I don't think it's strong either, irrespective of RF. It's a gimmick that doesn't really matter for something like WB. In a 1v1 situation, you can just stomp normally. In an outnumbered situation where the stomp doesn't work, you want to do damage to stop any potential rez, which Heaven's Palm doesn't do. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

• 3 months later...

Here we are 5 months since op and willbenders are STILL broken despite a couple balance patches. Anet clearly either likes to use willbender in wvw/pvp and doesn't want to nerf it, or they don't play their own game. I have tried multiple other dueling builds against them and it's fruitless in a large world area. If they hit their burst, you're dead instantly. If they miss their burst and you try to take advantage, they go invulnerable, aegis, teleport, zoom zoom (while evading/blocking all attacks), and then they're out of combat and fully healed. Once cooldowns are off they come back.

Anet needs to decide to either get rid of their ridiculous utility/movement/defensive capabilities or nerf their damage. Willbender gets all the utility/defense of a guardian, plus insane movement and evasion, plus huge burst dps.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

On 7/7/2024 at 10:28 PM, utmastuh.6985 said:

Here we are 5 months since op and willbenders are STILL broken despite a couple balance patches. Anet clearly either likes to use willbender in wvw/pvp and doesn't want to nerf it, or they don't play their own game. I have tried multiple other dueling builds against them and it's fruitless in a large world area. If they hit their burst, you're dead instantly. If they miss their burst and you try to take advantage, they go invulnerable, aegis, teleport, zoom zoom (while evading/blocking all attacks), and then they're out of combat and fully healed. Once cooldowns are off they come back.

Anet needs to decide to either get rid of their ridiculous utility/movement/defensive capabilities or nerf their damage. Willbender gets all the utility/defense of a guardian, plus insane movement and evasion, plus huge burst dps.

Play builds that can outsustain their damage and/or first burst. Most willbenders are brainless and dump all damage at once. Or just play thief, revenant (rene/vindi) or ele (cata/FA weaver) which are really good vs willbender. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Slow or Chill or Confusion vs Willbenders is your friend. Those beyblades will burst back to back if they can. Get the closest thing you can to a shield if your profession can't equip one. Also, a little more toughness doesn't hurt; many battles are won by interrupting the heals of the opponent; don't chase theWillbender, trail them and then turn around a bit; and they will trail you; then turn around and prepare to block/aoe; they will jump into your aoe; sometimes they'll put their aoe inside of yours, just scoot a little bit. This should help improve win/loss ratio against them. If anything else; call a reaper necro!

Edited by Avion Blade.4869
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

My only problem with Willbender is their free burst. As their first move, they can activate their skills and go in and burst without repercussion. Then they can just waltz out of there with more skills that keep them safe. I don't like a free burst with no telegraph, able to teleport right on top of target. Even thieves have to be careful not to run into anything when committing to an attack.

That said, I did just kill 2 Willbenders in a row in wvw with flamethrower Scrapper. It was pretty sweet. I just blocked the initial burst then used CC and aoe to pressure them. So, there's a bit of advice.

• Confused 2