March 19 Balance Update Preview

6 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Finally a mirage buff and its on power weapons xD.

Just give ALACRITY to all ambushes.

Or better yet, take alacrity off of the spec entirely 

They never should have tacked it on to begin with, and instead kept the core mirage identity from PoF as a heavy-hitting condi dps

If they insist on continuing to try and make fetch alacrity mirage happen, then yes, they should separate it from the weapon and just make it a weapon-nuetral trait: "Whenever you use an ambush skill, grant alacrity blah blah" - right now mirage is the only boondps that specifically has to use a specific weapon type for it to even function, and that's not healthy gameplay

Edited by LichOverlord.6329
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Power Mirage buffs are……interesting, to say the least. Though it’s funny that they decided Mirage to become power DPS while Virt stays as the condi DPS.

That Sword Ambush coefficient buff is huge, from 1.0 to 3.0 means it deals 3x times the damage compared to before. Assuming a power of 2250, a ferocity of 220% (Fencer’s Finesse included) and the usual modifiers (Egotism, Fragility, Vicious Expression, Superiority Complex, Thief Relic and Force Sigil) of 67.5%, a single Ambush swing deals over 30k damage. 

And with new Dune Cloak being basically 2-3 free Mirage Cloaks for power Mirage, this seems pretty fun as a new playstyle of “aggressively chasing and bursting enemies”.

Now Anet, if you can share the love with heal Mirage as well please.

Edited by ZephidelGRS.9520
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

Mecha Legs: This trait has been reworked. Gain resistance on dodging.

This is supposed to be a PvP/WvW trait but it ends up being an indirect nerf to anything that isn't playing Tools, Holosmith, Traited Shift Signet or Superspeed Spam Scrapper. It forces most builds onto Lynx or Traveler's, VERY huge damage nerf that affects Core Engi the most. Core Engi is already underplayed/underpowered as is so please keep the movement mobility bonus on the new trait. 

Edited by Cyto.7610
Specifiying intentions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Just now, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Power Mirage buffs are……interesting, to say the least. Though it’s funny that they decided Mirage to become power DPS while Virt stays as the condi DPS.

That Sword Ambush coefficient buff is huge, from 1.0 to 3.0 means it deals 3x times the damage compared to before. Assuming a power of 2250, a ferocity of 220% (Fencer’s Finesse included) and the usual modifiers (Egotism, Vicious Expression, Superiority Complex, Thief Relic and Force Sigil) of 67.5%, a single Ambush swing deals over 30k damage. 

And with new Dune Cloak being basically 2-3 free Mirage Cloaks for power Mirage, this seems pretty fun as a new playstyle of “aggressively chasing and bursting enemies”.

Now Anet, if you can share the love with heal Mirage as well please.

Big thing is, these power changes only affect pve. Yeah, you could get one extra ambush in wvw or pvp from time to time, but you'll might be better having your clones ambush on dagger and sword for the extra effects.

• Like 1

• Legendary Renegade summons are no longer targetable.

Took only what like 5 years of feedback to get some change for the summons. No one seriously even bothered to check that they have no use in WvW fights? I'd like to say that I'm finally happy but I'm not. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I believe you made a mistake in the patch notes. There are no changes for Warrior in PvE.

Surely you didn't completely forget about the entire profession, right? You meant to allow Hundred Blades to move while channeling as well, or Buff Speakbreaker's lagging dps, or improve the poor state of Condi Berserker and Alacrity Bladesworn, right?

You just forgot to mention it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

Renegade

• Legendary Renegade summons are no longer targetable.
  • Soulcleave's Summit: Reduced the casting time from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. Reduced the energy cost from 10 to 5. Reduced the energy upkeep cost from 6 to 5. In addition to its current effects, Lieutenant Ofela Soulcleave will now strike nearby enemies and heal nearby allies whenever another warband member is summoned.
  • Breakrazor's Bastion, Darkrazor's Daring, Razorclaw's Rage, and Icerazor's Ire have been reworked. These skills will now grant an initial effect when summoned, then they perform a new skill. Activating these skills also triggers Band Together.
  • Band Together: Your next Legendary Renegade skill activates instantly and is enhanced. Activating a Legendary Renegade skill in this way does not trigger Band Together again.
  • New skill behavior is as follows:
    • Breakrazor's Bastion: Grants resolution to nearby allies when summoned, then performs a skill that heals nearby allies with three small pulses and one large pulse. The final pulse grants resolution to nearby allies and additionally grants barrier to nearby allies when enhanced.
    • Darkrazor's Daring: Grants protection to nearby allies when summoned, then performs a skill that dazes nearby enemies. This skill also grants resistance to nearby allies when enhanced.
    • Razorclaw's Rage: Enhances nearby allies' attacks with bleeding when summoned, then performs an attack that inflicts bleeding on enemies in the area. This attack also inflicts torment when enhanced.
    • Icerazor's Ire: Inflicts vulnerability on nearby enemies when summoned, then performs an attack that throws three projectiles at nearby enemies, inflicting torment, vulnerability, and immobilize. These projectiles also inflict chilled when this skill is enhanced.

Vindicator

• Imperial Impact: This skill no longer extends boons on allies. Increased the protection duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE and from 0.5 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the might duration from 9 seconds to 10 seconds in PvE and from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the might stacks from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.

Just do not want a power renegade?

Current state allowing power alternatives and cc bar breaking........

Current state gives us some options for power builds.

Darkrazor gives a medium dps burst and cc bar burn with daze

Icerazor gives a large dps burst and max invul on target. 

Are you just throwing the idea of power renegade away??
The problem is that icerazors damage could not be focused on a target and instead of doing the damage to all targets it split the damage to the targets. It needs to be like warrior axe 5.
What we needed is icerazor to be like warrior axe 5 and do that damage to all targets in range. Or even a max of 5 would be ok. Just making it so it does not split. This change to icerazor seems counter productive in what the skill can actually do. It is a power damage output skill. We have razorclaw for condi. 

Pre EoD
This pre EoD used to be a fun but niche power build with battle scars to sustain hp. 
This could almost come back with scepter barrier swapping with dual swords or greatsword. We just needed icerazor fixed and it to be more instant with less damage but used more often with lower cooldown. This would speed up gameplay and give that nice burst damage that players could not just walk out of. This would be great for pvp.
These changes would only make power less used.

Barrier alac renegade?

I do like breakrazor giving barrier. That is amazing. With scepter we could then use renegade for alac barrier support if this cooldown is short enough. Can we half the healing and barrier but have it be 15sec cooldown instead of 30 to allow for some error if an ally rolls out of the aoe? Lets us cast it more often but same overall healing and barrier. 

Cooldowns??

Are they going to be reduced? Will the effects being instant mean their damage output will be reduced but cooldowns reduced as well to use them more often? 

Thoughts?

Breakrazor is great. I like having more barrier.

Icerazor and darkrazor concern me about their damage going in the hole. This could be a huge nerf to the majority of burst power damage that was possible.

Razorclaw is only getting buffed from the sounds of it.

Soulcleave still has its problem of needing people to stay in the aoe. Looking at scourge shows how having 3 shades with yourself counting as a 4th helps to make sure everyone is in range of the barriers and alac. The problem with soulcleave is that it makes this far harder and on many fights very unrealistic. I would prefer turning the elite on gave a aoe on yourself. Allowing you to use a spectral mantle of soulcleave or something like that. The stationary effect of the elite just makes it really anoying to use. It is the same problem with ventari tablet and having to constatly move it around. This is just going back to that problem. 

It feels like any power builds are being ignored for condi focus when if you want more burst damage for pvp.... making icerazor and darkrazors power burst more usable would be the easy solution. Soulcleave still has the same problem. Reducing the cost does not change that. Prefer to barrier scourge having 3x shade + the character pumping the aoe barrier effects vs revs tablet / soulcleave. Players are not going to use it.
Are we just going towards being able to burst stack a ton of condi like repaer? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldwin.8245 said:

I believe you made a mistake in the patch notes. There are no changes for Warrior in PvE.

Surely you didn't completely forget about the entire profession, right? You meant to allow Hundred Blades to move while channeling as well, or Buff Speakbreaker's lagging dps, or improve the poor state of Condi Berserker and Alacrity Bladesworn, right?

You just forgot to mention it?

This. 

• Like 2

• Glacial Heart: This trait no longer chills and damages enemies that you disable and instead heals the user when disabling, immobilizing, or chilling an enemy.

Is there a reason why this needed to change? No point in doing this if u don't plan to add other Chill skills to help with that last bit of the effect. Plus I would rather keep the chill for the interrupts then have healing. Was this a plan for roaming or PvP? Please don't make this change it's perfect the way it is. -.-

• Thanks 1

Looking at the Engi changes, A lot is pretty good here. I welcome the holosmith buffs and adjustments to the medkit. However, I do have a few notes:

• Automated Medical Response: This trait has been reworked. Grant regeneration to nearby allies when you use your healing skill's toolbelt skill.

I can see this being taken if folks use the new upcoming shortbow since overshield would be the standard if using shield. However, just like other skills that need healing skill for use traits (Cleansing Synergy, Reconstruction Enclosure), this will block Heal Mechs being able to use this due to heal kit tool belt being blocked. It is bizarre that if someone takes Mech and uses heal kit, three traits in a trait line, 2 of them in the minor category, just can't be accessed/used.

• Mecha Legs: This trait has been reworked. Gain resistance on dodging.

I don't know about this change. If it does end up going through, the name/icon should be changed as it doesn't sound like the rework really meets the "Mecha Legs" name. I kinda prefer to keep the movement speed + soft CC flat reduction. I know ya'll wanted to "alongside some reworks of less-used traits in the inventions specialization" but really out of the 3 master traits that need reworks it would be Experimental Turrets. I know that means most likely a turret rework, but ya'll will need to tackle it eventually.

• Mechanical Genius: Reduced the recharge penalty for Mech Command skills when far away from the mech from 50% to 20%.

While this is a welcome change, is the grace period issue going to be fixed?
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/141080-mechanical-genius-grace-period-doesnt-work/#comment-2069978

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TyrantPuppy.1893 said:

Why is [Glacial Heart] going to trigger on Chill??? Does Guardian have chill on it's kit LITERALLY ANYWHERE?? Flow Stabilizer still gives Fury not Stability. Don't make the excuse of "it's in the name."

Fine with [Heaven's Palm] finishing downed' enemies. It always should have. But what's the counterplay to it if it also evades beforehand??

P.S.

Looking forward to ANet miraculously remembering that Bladesworn exists at the last-minute and somehow taking even more fun / flavor / playability off it via unexplained, unaccountable changes. Seriously screw Warrior, I'm just gonna play Willbender at this point. I swear I'm so close to quitting this game.

They've actually ripped away the main source of chill (which was granted by this trait when you'd disable a foe) by doing these changes. It's a ridiculous, boring, unnecessary, and restrictive change to a core Guardian trait that goes against a main tenant of Guardian: aiding allies

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Frostterror.6075 said:
  • Glacial Heart: This trait no longer chills and damages enemies that you disable and instead heals the user when disabling, immobilizing, or chilling an enemy.

Is there a reason why this needed to change? No point in doing this if u don't plan to add other Chill skills to help with that last bit of the effect. Plus I would rather keep the chill for the interrupts then have healing. Was this a plan for roaming or PvP? Please don't make this change it's perfect the way it is. -.-

THIS!!! This trait is a ton of fun to run right now, even if it's got niche applications. Now it's just a lame self heal that SLIGHTLY reflavors one weapon skill. It's like getting veneers to resolve one cavity 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Althean.5976 said:

THIS!!! This trait is a ton of fun to run right now, even if it's got niche applications. Now it's just a lame self heal that SLIGHTLY reflavors one weapon skill. It's like getting veneers to resolve one cavity 

RIGHT! I just don't get why they want to change it. I love this passive as it is right now T.T

• Signets of Suffering: This trait now also causes signet skills to steal life from enemies they strike.

Still not worth taking over either trait at this tier: Chill of Death or Awaken the Pain. 

Maybe if it had the interaction with Signet of Undeath of stealing life from each enemy hit, it would be a cool way to turn a defensive reactionary tool into an offensive tool but that would be niche. IMO it would have to give you something in the range of 15% Max Hp to be taken over Chill or Awaken. Hard to judge this change without seeing the numbers. Either way, this trait is still not good and wont be taken when there are stronger competing traits that are more impactful.

If the goal with the change from Signets work while in shroud to kill the Infinite Reaper Shroud build then Fear of Death should be reworked/nerfed and maybe old Signets of Suffering should reduce the amount of life force Undeath gives in shroud. 

I guess the real problem here is Necro signet's active part are just weak. Spite is interesting yet odd that its passive is better on Power builds and used off CD for Condi builds. Vamperism has STIFF competition from E-spec healing skills that just do more, maybe with Plague changes it will be picked for defensive niches but Condi builds are already running off hand dagger for condi transfer with Blood is Power - again maybe Plague is saved for defensive/emergency Condi Cleanse. Undeath is incredibly powerful for Lifeforce generation and for DPS builds the emergency utility is good to have but it never feels good to use unless your build is defensive bc of the half life loss stipulation. There are better options for boon rip on Necro in the weapons and in PvP, unless Necro gets baby sat, Utility slots are taken up with defensive tools for living.

Vile Vial changes are good. Maybe building towards a heal Harb in the future? I don't see QDps Harb taking it over the increase damage traits but its a nice bit of flexibility to have.

• Thanks 2

Automated Medical Response

How will this work with Mechanist? They have no toolbelt skills. They are still also unable to use Medkit heal skill due to this.

I personally don't see the reason to change this trait as it was never really a problem. But the new change seems to overlook an entire elite spec.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Butterfly Kingdom.8349 said:

Mantra of Concentration: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 25 seconds in WvW only.

Please reconsider this change.  We FINALLY have an alternative to Firebrand in WvW for zerg stability, and it actually works.  It's not perfect, but it is close enough to compete.  The nerfs to alacrity alone will increase the cooldown already, just leave it be.  Firebrand has been the only option literally forever for stability in WvW, except for a brief stint where WB was viable, before you also killed that.  Please do not kill our ability to fill the stability role in this game mode.  Or if you're going to, at least give us SOMETHING else to play, other than guardian.  Some of us just don't want to play the paladin archetype.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Anet only balances if a spec makes people cry in low ranked PvP and then WvW zergings...everything else gets a pass, reason why Harbinger and Willbender are untouched

Yeah they don't balance for roamers. And they kinda shouldn't. Doesn't make them any less annoying.