would it be possible to nerf the stability generation of guard to allow other supports to shine?

Right now only guard and ele are the viable supports that you can see commonly because of having really good qualities, like signet, and for example many stability for guard. Would it be okey to nerf their stability generation and make other players get more survival instead of dmg to allow other supports to play?

i feel like the meme guard stability go boom, it is quite annoying and does not allow much build diversity in that support role. In the past heal warrior was a support that provided good healing, but it is outsined since good projectile block and stability simply are such good cuality of life that you can not deviate from it. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

guard is fine

well i think it is quite strong compared to other supports. But right now, guard and ele are the only viable ones. i just wished they leveled the playing field to other types of supports. How many years has it been since support builds change? maybe 2 years or 3 years? there has not been any mayor changes about the meta for supports. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, zonias.1083 said:

well i think it is quite strong compared to other supports. But right now, guard and ele are the only viable ones. i just wished they leveled the playing field to other types of supports. How many years has it been since support builds change? maybe 2 years or 3 years? there has not been any mayor changes about the meta for supports. 

New weapons are coming, lots of have support and prob some new builds will arrive.

PS. ele/guard aren't the only good supports

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

PS. ele/guard aren't the only good supports

I have never seen any other support play in ranked but if there are any instances i might have missed in my more than 1000 games maybe it is possible. 
it is irrefutable they are the msot popular

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It's not stability that make guard a favored support, it's the combination of stability and the other forms of support that the guard can provide.

Yes but stability is what gives it the edge when it comes to other supports. Excluding gifts and signets to ress because other classes do not have it. 
other classes can bring projectile reflect, resses, but guard excels at making stability and ignoring all cc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zonias.1083 said:

I have never seen any other support play in ranked but if there are any instances i might have missed in my more than 1000 games maybe it is possible. 
it is irrefutable they are the msot popular

That's because ppl follow "meta" like sheep and any other working builds that aren't played by some famous streamer who is good, is abandoned.

But there are others, so popularity contest, the other 2 win

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

That's because ppl follow "meta" like sheep and any other working builds that aren't played by some famous streamer who is good, is abandoned.

But there are others, so popularity contest, the other 2 win

Can you give some examples and their strengths over the two the OP talks about?

• Like 1

I don't even think it matters...take Druid for instance.  Even if you would take guards stab time down it doesn't make Druid a good support, and now that they nerfed both the heal trap and the glyph and also cut out a source of stab generation in Shared Anguish...it really isn't a good support.

New weapons won't change that either, since maces just make Druid a better duelist, not support.  

What makes good support now is not only stability, but as others have said, the additional things like projectile hate, aura share, etc.  I think to counter that they'd need to look back at strips/corrupts and unblockables before they just nerf stability.  

10 hours ago, zonias.1083 said:

Yes but stability is what gives it the edge when it comes to other supports. Excluding gifts and signets to ress because other classes do not have it. 
other classes can bring projectile reflect, resses, but guard excels at making stability and ignoring all cc. 

No it isn't. What set guardian apart isn't stability but aegis. Aegis nullify anything that's not an already applied condition. It is the invisible helper that make you think stability is great on guardian.

• Like 3

i honestly believe that the rezz glyph and signets are the things that tip over the balance of supports in favor of guard/ele. on heal rev f.e. youd also get a kitten ton of projectile hate, barrier via flock relic, good resistance uptime, high heal with large range  and stab, yet it never gets picked over support guard or Support tempest.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sarlan.7682 said:

i honestly believe that the rezz glyph and signets are the things that tip over the balance of supports in favor of guard/ele. on heal rev f.e. youd also get a kitten ton of projectile hate, barrier via flock relic, good resistance uptime, high heal with large range  and stab, yet it never gets picked over support guard or Support tempest.

Well, I just present myself and they have to deal with it 😌

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

The new rifle Support Chrono build has literally more stab uptime than Guard supports

Guard still has slightly more stab, but support chrono brings so much more to the table (chaos aura spam, more damage, the fattest CC in the game)...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Guard still has slightly more stab, but support chrono brings so much more to the table (chaos aura spam, more damage, the fattest CC in the game)...

I think one thing people are going to realize with Rifle Chrono coming into play is just HOW annoying Chaos Aura is. I liked playing with Support Chrono pre-Rifle and would get decent 300-400k healing. (Used Staff and Axe/Shield).

I'd probably run this now that Rifle is out, and Precog when the update comes out for it too. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAQd7lZwAZNsKWJe0TatfA-DaJsQyMD6NEquAM9XAAA

Edited by Vinny.7260

7 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Precog when the update comes out for it

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that. Once precog comes out, mesmer is DEFINITELY going to have more stab than guardian, on top of having a lot more utility and same healing numbers. Only thing guardians will have left are signets (but IoL partially covers that too) and a lot more cleanse... but people can bring their own cleanse, honestly. This is not a condi meta.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@zonias.1083 @Gotejjeken.1267 @Vinny.7260

I @'d the people I usually converse with plus OP. Not intended to be derogatory or inflammatory with the @'s

Taking something away in order to make other things viable is misguided. Increase stability generation for other supports to BRING IT IN LINE WITH GAURDAIN if thats truly the issues. We can improve the function of one spec - with out destroying the function of another.  This is out we avoid constant power vacuums. 

Also there's other ways to address. Maybe guardian provides more stability missile reflfects etc (guardian) and druids can provide increased heals and Condi cleanse (druid/Shaman) style play. This way you bring identify to the roles and professions. This forum asks for blanket nerfs and it ruined the game. I mean this with no disrespect intended - however this thread is exactly the problem with our community. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

@zonias.1083 @Gotejjeken.1267 @Vinny.7260

I @'d the people I usually converse with plus OP. Not intended to be derogatory or inflammatory with the @'s

Taking something away in order to make other things viable is misguided. Increase stability generation for other supports to BRING IT IN LINE WITH GAURDAIN if thats truly the issues. We can improve the function of one spec - with out destroying the function of another. 

Also there's other ways to address. Maybe guardian provides more stability missile reflfects etc (guardian) and druids can provide increased heals and Condi cleanse (druid/Shaman) style play. This way you bring identify to the roles and professions. This forum asks for blanket nerfs and it ruined the game. I mean this with no disrespect intended - however this thread is exactly the problem with our community. 

How dare you @ me on a public forum with public opinions! 😉

I absolutely agree with your point, people tend to be quick to go: "This support isn't good enough, therefore the good supports must be too strong." Yada, yada.

Guardian has been good for so long due to other specs either being to squishy in the current power-oriented meta (Tempest and Scourge), not providing the right things in a power-oriented meta (Druid), or just hasn't been given enough incentive to play over Core Guardian. Firebrand has finally gotten to a point to replace Core Guardian in many of these places, which is a sign of good balance occurring. We've got Support Rifle Chrono coming around the corner just as fast as it also covers similar bases as Guardian but with other things, such as a Portal to help get things like Scrapper out of a bad fight, or even encourage stronger roaming potential. Such as getting an Untamed out of a pile-up.

Guardian has been the support for a long time. Rifle Chrono covers similar bases without things like a revive. Their identities are distinct and noticeable when used in the right metas or right matches.

We've got Tempest, Core Guardian, Firebrand, Druid, and Rifle Chrono capable of all supporting to varying capacities and have their own strengths/weaknesses.

Only a tiny minority of players are going to stick with full support in this current MMR. A lot more off meta support/hybrid specs are viable, at different levels, where dps are more equally matched. Even engi support would be viable if you are happy to sit around low gold/high silver, but given an enemy plat off-peak duo, vs your low gold dps in this current MMR, forget it.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2