Wizards Vault Special: 'Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement' not tracking [Merged]

I understand not getting credit if another player gets the killing blow. But when I am the only one attacking that target and a condition gets the killing blow it doesn't count. Has to be a physical attack. That has to be a bug. Otherwise seems like for every 10 kills I get one credit. Fire Guardian for pistol.

1 hour ago, bjchase.3074 said:

I understand not getting credit if another player gets the killing blow. But when I am the only one attacking that target and a condition gets the killing blow it doesn't count. Has to be a physical attack. That has to be a bug. Otherwise seems like for every 10 kills I get one credit. Fire Guardian for pistol.

If it is a bug, it's one that has persisted and has been left in since launch of the game. It's a massive pain to deal with, for sure.

23 minutes ago, Lady of Chaos.2514 said:

Just go kill some ambient creatures. Those count for kills. 

The vets immediately right of the entrance to Urban Battleground (fractal) also count.  However, a corollary bug:  I have completed t1 of warrior staff, some in Nayos, most on those vets, and the Wizard's Vault did not give me credit in the Special section for doing so.

Screenshot (this is a Discord image of my achieve panel + wizard vault panel) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1020063787606360084/1212613447737544846/ArtisanArmsWVNoCrd.JPG?ex=65f27947&is=65e00447&hm=075df85b09a4702fcb56b4bc2c7b9bd2037034aa98ed42b44ed094d2aeab4a7b&

I got the reward with ele pistol, no problem there but I was struggling getting to 100 in open world where almost nothing would count probably because of condi dmg? power dmg alone is way too low on pistol to finish anything off, so I went to a fractal where you can 1-shot enemies and then then got it pretty quick with just 111

15 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Are you using the auto-attack only?  I just hopped on my mesmer auto-attacked a river drake in queensdale and progressed Artisan of Arms: Mesmer's Rifle

I've tried with all 5 skills.  Skill 1 auto attack and non-auto attack.  I even left the game and came back several times.  

23 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

An achievement for killing enemies with a healing weapon is pretty high on the list of sick ANet jokes.

I KNOW RIGHT!?!?!

I wasn't getting kill credits in the higher-level area so I figured it because the damage it deals is so low.  But I'm not getting kill credit anywhere.

• ArenaNet Staff

As some of you have figured out, this is happening regardless of weapon or profession because the achievement only progresses when you make the killing blow with a weapon skill. If you do not make the killing blow with a weapon skill, or if the "killing blow" comes from a condition, the achievement does not progress.

We're working on a change that will progress this achievement as long as you deal any damage with the relevant weapon. Achievement progress will be granted for the weapon(s) you are wielding when the enemy dies.

We need to test this extensively across all professions to make sure that nothing causes players to lose achievement progress they have already earned, so we are planning for this to ship with the March 19 systems update.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We're working on a change that will progress this achievement as long as you deal any damage with the relevant weapon. Achievement progress will be granted for the weapon(s) you are wielding when the enemy dies.

Will this change apply to Weapon Master achievements too?  Please say yes.

• Thanks 4

I did Warrior staff to get the Vault special done since that is straight up physical damage (no condi damage to get in the way). I got 100 kills and completed tier 1 of Artisan of Arms Warrior Staff. But no credit to completing the Vault special "Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement".

I see Rev Scepter also doesn't have condi to get in the way. Just did 100 kills with that and the Vault special is now complete. So Warrior staff is bugged and doesn't give credit for the Vault special "Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement".

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

As some of you have figured out, this is happening regardless of weapon or profession because the achievement only progresses when you make the killing blow with a weapon skill. If you do not make the killing blow with a weapon skill, or if the "killing blow" comes from a condition, the achievement does not progress.

We need to test this extensively across all professions to make sure that nothing causes players to lose achievement progress they have already earned, so we are planning for this to ship with the March 19 systems update.

Thanks Rubi!  But to be clear, I tried it using Skill 1 and there were no conditions on my target.  I still did not get credit for a kill.

• ArenaNet Staff

I've got one more update on this! We did identify a separate issue with warriors that is also affecting this achievement. We've got a fix in for it and are working on getting it to you as soon as we can. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4