Listen, Scouts.

10 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, if a scout is looking for a spot in a squad, they are probably not a scout but looking to leech. They need to stop afk wall running and get out to report, fight and take while they watch for activity they are around. Scouting and Havocing cross over quite a bit. I understand your point, the participation spot that was added by Anet was added during the days when people were told to stand in objectives and assigned to guard. I think most actual scouts these days move around much more than those days and multi-task more. If a scout asks for participation from a squad, they are more likely looking to AFK while still getting rewarded instead of being active while they do both activities.

I honestly have almost never seen any such people trying to pretend to scout to get participation. But then I suppose most leeches don't have that kind of intelligence to come up with that or make it non-obvious. And I wouldn't hang around such people because people that leech in WvW are the lowest of the low not because they suck, but because they are also stupid since  anyone with half a brain would leech in pve for many times the rewards. And gold is so easy to get in this game.

Like I feel like if you should commit to something, you should do it with pride and try to do it well. If someone wants to be a useless parasite, then they should go all the way and find the optimum way of being a parasite. This way said parasite gets what they need and can kitten right off.  Any less is just a lack of self respect, and it's a waste of both them and the other people's time.

I suppose they could be leeching for legendary armor in pve but that kind of stupidity is immeasurable. "Oh hey, being able to randomly change into a power build with Shaman stats is definitely mandatory for open world, let's invest the time of a full time job into this", assuming they even know how to stat change. And the fact they are probably still here instead of gone and done in half a year like a pro leech is evident enough.

Because of this I probably never would see or associate with them. Except on the forums maybe when they cry about how nobody wants to play with them-- great way to add a filter to avoid them.  🤣

It's my personal belief is if drama follows someone and it seems like nobody wants to play with them, there's a reason-- and it's usually them. And that was my point about having about 5 people to play with which solves most problems with participation and tag dependency.  If you get a handful of people that you have common goals with, then it's much easier to play the game and all of a sudden tags saying mean things to you and "nOBODY aPPRECIATES mY cALLS" doesn't matter because you need them much less. And if one plays the game for many years and still haven't gotten a couple of people that can stand playing with them in their chosen game mode then, well.... then the problem is evident. Stop playing an MMO like a single player game.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

2 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I honestly have almost never seen any such people trying to pretend to scout to get participation. But then I suppose most leeches don't have that kind of intelligence to come up with that or make it non-obvious. And I wouldn't hang around such people because people that leech in WvW are the lowest of the low not because they suck, but because they are also stupid since  anyone with half a brain would leech in pve for many times the rewards. And gold is so easy to get in this game.

Like I feel like if you should commit to something, you should do it with pride and try to do it well. If someone wants to be a useless parasite, then they should go all the way and find the optimum way of being a parasite. This way said parasite gets what they need and can kitten right off.  Any less is just a lack of self respect, and it's a waste of both them and the other people's time.

I suppose they could be leeching for legendary armor in pve but that kind of stupidity is immeasurable. "Oh hey, being able to randomly change into a power build with Shaman stats is definitely mandatory for open world, let's invest the time of a full time job into this", assuming they even know how to stat change. And the fact they are probably still here instead of gone and done in half a year like a pro leech is evident enough.

Because of this I probably never would see or associate with them. Except on the forums maybe when they cry about how nobody wants to play with them-- great way to add a filter to avoid them.  🤣

It's my personal belief is if drama follows someone and it seems like nobody wants to play with them, there's a reason-- and it's usually them. And that was my point about having about 5 people to play with which solves most problems with participation and tag dependency.  If you get a handful of people that you have common goals with, then it's much easier to play the game and all of a sudden tags saying mean things to you and "nOBODY aPPRECIATES mY cALLS" doesn't matter because you need them much less. And if one plays the game for many years and still haven't gotten a couple of people that can stand playing with them in their chosen game mode then, well.... then the problem is evident. Stop playing an MMO like a single player game.

More of the point was that that squad spot probably was added due to Anet running around in a large group and were asked to scout. Based on the previous presentations Anet doesn't see roamers as anything more than gankers and havocs aren't really going to get anything done. Where as people that are scouting, are probably already doing that anyway versus being asked to. 

Tag dependency, well that's a whole different book. Course I still hold the opinion you want a main tag, some side havocs and roamers to join in and then breakout as needed to take care of things while the main tags keeps a group focused. Course it could be ADHD too or curiosity killed the roamer, who knows. 

Like the OP, I tend not to join squads most of the time but I still like to give concise scouting reports for the map I am in as a simple courtesy.

But unlike the OP, I do not come to the forums and call people lazy and somehow morally bankrupt if they expect something like shared participation as a reward for doing so.

However, sometimes I have come across commanders who constantly spam chat with scout demands.

I have taken umbrage at this and typed "I am happy to give you scouting reports in return for shared participation".

Do you know how many times a needy commander has taken me up on the offer?

Zero.

Commanders feel they are entitled to free scouting reports all day long.

Aren't they the lazy ones who expect a reward for doing nothing?

11 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

My standard scouting is

[Stonemist Castle] PANIC

Always works like a charm

lol, Wait, is SMC and AB in the same GPS spot when we overlay the map and the mist? This all makes sense now! That is amazing!

Yes I claim PvX status since I really liked HoT. Oh watching peeps die to raptors, amazing in my book. You go raptors! Getem!

7 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

Meanwhile, let me just claim this, I am the person who name the "Eel Wall" 

lol, well done then! But sadly you did not trade mark so you missed out on being insanely rich. So I am sad for you at the same time. And I agree I didn't call it the Eel wall for a while so I will honor the none posted trade mark and send you 5 gold for using said name when in game next my mental friend. You keep being you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Oh watching peeps die to raptors, amazing in my book. You go raptors! Getem!

You're the guy pretending to be afk on his skyscale watching them die, aren't you? xD

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 minute ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You're the guy pretending to be afk on his skyscale watching then die, aren't you? xD

No but you have given me an interesting idea for a new WvW activity now that you mention it. 

Need time to clear your bags! Restock and craft food and utilities!? Grimm's HoT lounge is for you! Come and craft your Guild siege as you wait for bars to cross screens as you place wagers on players avoiding the raptors and making it out! Fun for the whole Guild! Refit, empty bags and reset for WvW while you have the chance to earn coin in prizes while siding with raptors and helping PETA (Pets Eating Tasty (Add your Madlib here 🙂) to earn you cash and prizes while you hydrate for your next round of WvW. 

TM incoming.

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It was even more fun when people didn't have skyscales to afk and be 100% safe.

Also the pocket raptors need a buff in wvw.

That or don't make them neutral might do it. That and double their number and. 🙂 good times indeed.