New bags in today's patch , siege disruptors instead of disablers, lords heal people

New 24, 28, and 32 slot bags can be purchased from outfitters in WvW.

This was requested for years and finally implemented.

Still waiting for the Memory Gobbler to not be a ripoff and some other long awaited changes but it is a good step in the right direction. 

I do not think the Realm Avenger change will do anything for most players but whether structure lords healing people changes anything remains to be seen due to the CC clause.

edit: the prices are as follows

• 20 slot pillager pack (from before) = 350 badges of honor + 7 gold
  • 24 slot  = 20 slot pillager pack + 2 emblem of the avenger + 1 supreme rune of holding + 20 grandmaster mark shard
  • 28 slot = 24 slot pillager pack + 2 emblem of the avenger + 3 supreme rune of holding + 20 grandmaster mark shard
  • 32 slot= 28 slot pillager pack + 2 emblem of the avenger + 8 supreme rune of holding + 20 grandmaster mark shard
Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 1

A great change. They are also in PvP. (Where I have a lot more currency.) Though the 20 slot one does not exist there. (24 slot one needs 250 shards of glory - about 10g worth at the TP - instead of the 20 slot bag.)

2 Boxes of Grandmaster Marks (instead of 20 Mark Shards). I have like 32 shards but 75 boxes. (Played a lot more PvP lol.) Rune cost is the same. The only big difference is that in PvP it needs 20 league tickets (instead of the 2 emblems) - having like 3k (for about 150 purchases ... 50 of the biggest bags) - from the emblems in WvW I have like 40.

Too bad I can't select to use the emblems from WvW + the Grandmaster Mark Boxes from PvP. (That would have been my preferred option lol.)
Oh but ... well ... I might just go for the full open world PvE armor set - not needing many PvP tickets for other stuff. And getting (in the future - need to save money for the runes) the bags there from PvP.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

It is the basically same price as boreal ones from PvE , so it is fair but not cheap. I would have rather had 24-32 slot siegemaster satchel though. You can buy the supreme rune of holding off the TP and it comes from the convergences as well.

If your complaint is the supreme rune of holding does not come in the weekly vendor then that is a valid complaint though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

but whether structure lords healing people changes anything remains to be seen due to the CC clause.

Funny how lord fights have evolved from the beginning.

First you could banner res lords.

Then they took that out, cause I dunno fights were too long.

Then defiance bar.

Then years later they nerfed walls so can get to inner faster for... more lord area fighting again.

Then boon ball 20 min farms on lords.

Then they decided to nerf desert lords.

Now lords can heal defenders.......

We'll see how this goes. 😐

Just now, Sugar Min.5834 said:

60 grandmaster mark shards needed for the 32 slot 😮

I think I'll settle for one 24 slot + one 28 slot, they cost 60 GM mark shards too :classic_sleep:

60 gm mark shards is nothing now since they lifted the restrictions.

You need to buy the 20 24 28 slot bags as incremental upgrades.

20 slot - 7gold

24 slot - 1 supreme rune of holding = 23gold

28 slot - 3 supreme rune of holding = 69gold

32 slot - 8 supreme rune of holding = 183gold

Total = 282 gold.

That's the heavy cost to the bags, which is actually cheaper than the pve ones(1+5+12 = 18 runes needed for those 412gold).

The bags.....its good to have more uses for the currencies, didn't do the PvE ones due to the cost but it is something and gives people things to works towards if they have extra currencies.

The siege disruptors....disablers when from top of walls were already chancy but even if it killed you, you gained the objective some time. Is the 66% damage increase worth it....not sure there. I could see it useful against the increased health of rams. Also what was the history of this one? Seems out of the right field. I think if I had been asked what was wrong with siege disablers it was the amount of time they don't deploy when triggered, and not due to reflects/shields and such, just wouldn't throw as if the animation freaked out which just left you waiting as pull bait. Did anyone see this one or seen in map chats people asking for changes here? Thoughts here?

• Like 1

I wonder if the change to the candy corn gobbler is bugged, or else has some internal limiter involved? I just bought 83 from it (~250 candy corn pieces) and got 1 hour of EXP buff, 1.5 hours of magic find buff, and about an hour of the others. PReviously, I would get 5-6 hours of XP buff alone using about 750 candy corn pieces. A guildie of mine reported buying 1k worth of candy corn pieces form it and got 1 hour EXP buff and 2 hours magic find buff. I know it's meant to be random, but that seems disproportionately weighted toward not getting the buffs I think.

Edited by jabber.6415
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, jabber.6415 said:

I wonder if the change to the candy corn gobbler is bugged, or else has some internal limiter involved? I just bought 83 from it (~250 candy corn pieces) and got 1 hour of EXP buff, 1.5 hours of magic find buff, and about an hour of the others. PReviously, I would get 5-6 hours of XP buff alone using about 750 candy corn pieces.

That would not be good, will try one of the other ones tonight when in game.

Siege disruptor graphics is bugged, it stays looooong after the disable is gone (or it's still there but not shown as a disable debuff, didnt test).

Good start 👍

Didnt notice anything whatsoever from lords, friendly ones are completely useless and enemy lords drop like flies. Tbh I'd rather see a completely unblockable and unstabbable AoE knockback so at least it did something to a boonball.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Siege disruptor graphics is bugged, it stays looooong after the disable is gone (or it's still there but not shown as a disable debuff, didnt test).

Good start 👍

Thanks for trying it, still at work yet.

8 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Good start 👍

Didnt notice anything whatsoever from lords, friendly ones are completely useless and enemy lords drop like flies. Tbh I'd rather see a completely unblockable and unstabbable AoE knockback so at least it did something to a boonball.

Sorry but they only take suggestions that improve the boon ball or extend their farming durations. 🤭

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

The siege disruptors....disablers when from top of walls were already chancy but even if it killed you, you gained the objective some time. Is the 66% damage increase worth it....not sure there. I could see it useful against the increased health of rams. Also what was the history of this one? Seems out of the right field. I think if I had been asked what was wrong with siege disablers it was the amount of time they don't deploy when triggered, and not due to reflects/shields and such, just wouldn't throw as if the animation freaked out which just left you waiting as pull bait. Did anyone see this one or seen in map chats people asking for changes here? Thoughts here?

Nobody asked for that change.

Old version:  Sneak up on 10 people that have put two catas close together => disabled the catas, you buy the wall sometime (and in case of e.g. a Thief, you run to get more supply and disable again)
Now: => catas keep shooting and unless you have a stationary siege in place that can reach the cata, you won't have a big enough change to use the 66% more damage buff, because the ten people are carpet bombing the wall with AoE as long as the effect is up.

• Like 5

Might as well just keep the gates open, they obviously don't care about delaying siege and only want the fights in lords, they nerf the defense invul and now the disabler.

Wonder who's coming up with these "wonderful" nerfs, I wonder.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Might as well just keep the gates open, they obviously don't care about delaying siege and only want the fights in lords, they nerf the defense invul and now the disabler.

Wonder who's coming up with these "wonderful" nerfs, I wonder.

Considering how many people don't disable oil while attacking, its going to make fixed siege even more vulnerable and faster to burn down.

The change to the siege disablers has yet again reminded me that the designers care only for boonballs and blobs and couldn't care less about the other playstyles that many people try find fun with, which is becoming more and more difficult to find in this horrible horrible boon bs meta. It does so much harm, from turning people into sheep of just following the tag, to boring prolonged fights, to boonballers calling for roamers to get the f out the map and and go somewhere else roamers firing back calling them elitist. It's creating more and more us versus them.

This change is dreadful. WvW is actively and intentionally being destroyed bit by bit for anyone who does not boonball and zerg.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Considering how many people don't disable oil while attacking, its going to make fixed siege even more vulnerable and faster to burn down.

And those can already be burned down quickly as it is.

Wonder at what point these devs and their boon ball friends are going to figure out in order to have a fight at lords, you have to give the defenders time to actually come defend.

Kitten next change I expect hardened siege nerfed to 10%, ewp will have it's cooldown reduced to 10mins to make sure there's a bags waiting for the blobs.

2-3hrs to upgrade an objective, 3-5mins to burn the entire thing down. - Anet balance.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

"The Siege Disabler trick has been updated and renamed to Siege Disruptor. Siege Disruptors will now reduce outgoing siege damage by 66%, and they will cause affected siege devices to take 66% increased damaged for the duration. Golems will still have their skills disabled for the duration."

Nobody asked for this. How do you solve doing any sort of siege killing with your own skills, with numerous enemy players body-blocking the siege itself, and the wall edge carpetbombs by enemy zergs with their ridiculous nearly-endless pulls(mesmer focus, necro greatsword, etc) and instant-deletion damage spikes?

Edit: It still applies to friendly siege too where it can still be smacked by enemy player damage. Especially those that have not-desireable adjusted cameras that can get ranger longbow 5 spam anywhere.

Devs don't scout or play with small number defenders, they just hide in morbidly obese boon-pooping mapqueues.

Edited by Phyxrgon.7305
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Cogadh.1845 said:

The change to the siege disablers has yet again reminded me that the designers care only for boonballs and blobs and couldn't care less about the other playstyles that many people try find fun with, which is becoming more and more difficult to find in this horrible horrible boon bs meta. It does so much harm, from turning people into sheep of just following the tag, to boring prolonged fights, to boonballers calling for roamers to get the f out the map and and go somewhere else roamers firing back calling them elitist. It's creating more and more us versus them.

This change is dreadful. WvW is actively and intentionally being destroyed bit by bit for anyone who does not boonball and zerg.

Yep,  clear bias here and not even subtle at all. Pretty bad change. It's not like disablers weren't easily nullified by random blocks and projectile hate.

Guess we're not allowed to delay the dev karma trains.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 6

I wonder if they'll let everyone refund their Box of Grandmaster Marks back into shards. I contacted anet support and they let me exchange them back to shards which is nice (it was only a few weeks ago that I swapped them all to boxes to save inventory space). I'm sure folks were assuming we would get bigger bags eventually, but didn't think it would cost shards, and I'm assuming a lot of people probably swapped their shards to boxes to save space like I did lol.

EDIT: I asked for a refund to shards cause I was never going to end up using the boxes anyways, it was just taking more space than I would have liked (past a stack of 250).

Edited by Mizu.4508